C4: Will I be a match?
326 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Taekyun’s words echoing in his head, Wol Ryeong’s body trembled. Looking down at the picture in his hands, he couldn’t believe how much the child resembled him. He had his curly black hair, his black eyes, his sharp nose with the three moles running down the left side. Raising his eyes to look at Taekyun who was talking, he could see that the child in the picture had his lips.

Taking out the money he took from Taekyun, he handed it back, “Here, I don’t need it.” Taekyun looked stumped. Wol Ryeong stood up and shrugged on his jacket, “Okay, I’ll go to the hospital with you,” he said.

“Really?!” Taekyun questioned as he shot up from his chair. Wol Ryeong looked at him wryly as he grumbled, “Mn.”

Taekyun stifled his laugh as he looked at Wol Ryeong. Wol Ryeong caught the stifled laugh and frowned, “Why are you laughing?” He asked as he walked out of his office with Taekyun following behind him.

“I didn’t laugh, I almost did,” he answered. “Ji Soek, I’m leaving now, cancel all my appointments until I reach you and if my father looks for me, tell him to fuck off.”  Wol Ryeong said to his secretary. She stood up and bowed then glared at Takeyun who waved her goodbye.

Taekyun raised a brow as he looked at her but quickly ignored her as he walked past Wol Ryeong. He saw his secretary glared at Taekyun and glared at her with a warning. She immediately bowed again and got back to her work.

Four of his men followed them and helped them into Wol Ryeon’s SUV with two more following after making sure that Taekyun didn’t arrive with his own car. When they hit the road, Wol Ryeong’s SUV was in the middle of the two.

Wol Ryeong was looking at the picture of his son while in deep thought. Being the man that he is and was raised as, the dominant alpha who ruled the underworld, he knew that having a family would be dangerous so he never had one.

Here, the one man who he raped in high school and warned not to tell anyone or he would kill him. Who knew that that one time would give him what he wanted but wasn’t sure that he could protect? Not to mention, even if he saw his kid now, was he a good match? Was it worth the emotional toll? Would the kid like him?

“He doesn’t know you raped me so don’t beat yourself up about it,” Taekyun said as he looked out of the window.  He saw how intensely Wol Ryeong was looking at the picture of Yule. Wol Ryeong looked over at him and saw that his phone was shining through his pocket, “Your phone is ringing,” he said.

Taekyun pulled out his phone and looked at it. He groaned and swiped the red button. Putting it back, he looked at Wol Ryeong, “Thanks.”

“Why aren’t you answering it?” Wol Ryeong asked curiously. Taekyun shook his head, “I phoned to ask my family if anyone one of them knew if we had Leukaemia in our family. They were rejoicing when they heard it, thinking I’m the one and now they are wishing for me to hurry and die.”

“Your family?” Wol Ryeong asked not so surprised. Taekyun nodded his head, “Yeah but instead of answering me they are condemning me. I wish so much that it was me suffering and not my baby… those people…” he said choking up.

Wol Ryeong looked at Taekyun and did not know how to feel. It was just a mistake during an omega’s heat. Harassing and rape were normal but he wasn’t into men and this man gave him a son. This son looked exactly like him but the seven years he missed, does he really not hate me?

“Why did you laugh back there?” Wol Ryeong asked trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. Taekyun looked at him with a slight smile, “Because I now know why he is the way he is.”

“What do you mean?” Wol Ryeong asked confused.

“My son takes after a certain person,” Taekyun said winking at Wol Ryeong. Taking Wol Ryeong’s hand in his he said, “I’m not sure but he might be happy to see you.” Letting go of his hand, he pulled out his phone and dialled a number, placing it on speaker, the phone rang three times and they heard, “Baby, it’s your ma, say hello.”

“Ma~” Yule answered then started crying. Taekyun sighed, “Baby, Mama is on his way okay. Just hang on for a bit longer.”

“Mmmm,” Yule grumbled through his crying. Wol Ryeong who heard his son’s crying making his heart sting. He felt an overwhelming rage take over his heart. If it was not for his rule, could this have been prevented, how far along was the illness?

“BLEGHH!” both of them heard over the phone. “Mama~” Yule started crying again as he called. Taekyun’s eyes started to sting. He hated that his son had to go through this. Taking in a deep breath, he set the phone on his lap and waited for his son to calm down.

Wol Ryeong slapped the car seat in front of him and ordered, “Hurry up!”

-

Yule who heard this frowned, looking at his aunt he asked, “Mama, who’s that?”

“…” Taekyun glared at Wol Ryeong and wiped away his tears, “No one baby, I’ll see you soon okay, rest for now and tell aunt if you need anything okay?”

“Fine,” he grumbled into the phone.

The call ended and he almost threw his phone at Wol Ryeong, “He doesn’t know I’m with you!”

Wol Ryeong stared at him in disbelief, “How is that my fault, I just don’t want him to suffer any longer.”

Taekyun huffed and looked out the window. It went silent for the rest of the ride but when they arrived at the hospital fifteen minutes later Wol Ryeong asked, “Are you sure I am a match?”

Taekyun sunk, “Please don’t jinx it.”

8