C24: Baby
151 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few months after the whole incident.

Yule yawned as he looked around the hospital at all the baby posters. He turned his head and looked at his mama and asked, “Why are we here?”

Taekyun sighed as he rubbed his stomach and looked down at Yule, he looked at his stomach and said, “We are here to hear your siblings heartbeat.”

“Is it a girl or a boy?” Yule asked as he took a sip from his milkshake.

Taekyun chuckled, he looked at Wol Ryeong who was yawning and said, “You see, your son is asking me that question too.”

Wol Ryeong looked at the two of them lazily as he asked, “What? What did he ask?”

Yule climbed off the chair and walked over to Wol Ryeong who lifted him up and placed him on his lap. Yule leaned in against his father’s chest and said, “I want to know if the baby is a girl or a boy.”

Wol Ryeon kissed the back of Yule’s head and said, “I don’t know too and we won’t find out until your mama gives birth.”

“But what do I buy? If I know it’s a boy I can buy a car and if it’s a girl, I can buy a doll but now I don’t know what to buy,” Yule complained with a pout.

Taekyun and Wol Ryeong exchanged a look and Taekyun said, “Sae Dum, it does not matter whether you have a brother or a sister and boy toys and girl toys? Why do you want to specifically buy a boy toy or a girl toy? Last time mama checked, you do not own any boy toys besides the guns your daddy bought you but then again, if you were a girl, daddy would have given you the guns too.”

Yule looked  at his mama and asked, “So I can buy anything I want?”

“Yes Yule,” Wol Ryeong said and rested his chin on Yule’s head.

Yule frowned and grumbled, “You are hurting me!”

A nurse came out and called them, “We are ready for you now Mr Cha.”

Taekyun nodded his head and Yule jumped off of Wol Ryeong’s lap. Wol Ryeong stood up and helped Taekyun up.

Yule walked behind his parents and closed the door behind him. When he looked over, his mama was being seated on a bed. Yule walked over to his father who was seated on a chair beside the bed and the doctor on the other side of the bed.

The doctor explained what was going on but Yule was too interested in the equipment in the room that he missed the entire conversation.

The doctor squeezed the gel onto Taekyun’s stomach making him hiss at the coldness catching Yule’s attention. Yule started frowning and his pheromones escaped making all the adults look over at him. Wol Ryeong who held him, squeezed Yule to himself and kissed him on his ear and said, “It’s okay, the doctor is not trying to hurt your mama, the gel is just cold.”

Yule’s frown deepened but he retracted his pheromones. Taekyun chuckled and told the doctor to continue and that everything was okay.

The doctor continued his work and the machine started showing the arms and legs as the doctor pointed it out and it fascinated Yule so much that it made his heart beat faster.

He suddenly realised what he wanted to do when he grew up and got so excited that he wanted to tell his parents immediately and when he turned around to tell his father, he saw that Wol Ryeong had a frown on his face.

Confused, Yule turned to look at his mama and saw that Taekyun had tears glossing his eyes while his mouth covered his mouth and nose as he tried to hold his breath.

Yule focussed and heard, “This is so strange, why can’t we hear it?” The doctor asked himself out loud.

Yule raised a brow confused and watched on as the doctor dragged the scanner across his mama’s stomach multiple times until a rushed thumping sound started ringing out making all the adults sigh.

“Thank goodness,” Taekyun said as he sighed in relief.

Wol Ryeong too started chuckling happily as he wiped away his tears then got up while he hugged Yule and kissed Taekyun on the forehead.

“What happened?” Yule asked confused as he looked around.

Wol Ryoeng handed Yule to Taekyun who had his arms opened and immediately hugged him. “Don’t worry Yule, nothing happened, we just thought that your sibling didn’t have a heartbeat,” he explained while he let Yule wipe his tears.

The doctor wiped the gel off his stomach and left the room after speaking to Wol Ryeong and Yule looked at his mama and asked, “Is that bad?”

Taekyun nodded his head sadly, “Yes if the baby did not have a heartbeat it meant that the baby was not alive in mama’s stomach.”

“Is the baby alive?” Yule asked worried and cupped his mama’s cheeks.

Taekyun chuckled and nodded his head, “Yes Sae Dum, the baby is alive. The sound you heard not too long ago was the baby’s heartbeat.”

“Oh…” Yule trailed as he put the pieces together and suddenly said, “Mama, I want to be a doctor.”

Taekyun looked at Yule surprised and asked, “Really my child?”

Yule nodded his head excitedly, “Yes.”

“But why?” Taekyun asked confused.

“Because the doctors saved my life and the baby’s life so why not?” Yule asked inquisitively.

Wol Ryeong chuckled from the side and asked, “Don’t you want to take over the family business Yule?”

Yule turned to look at his father and shook his head, “No, I never wanted to.”

Wol Ryeong smirked and looked over at Taekyun and said, “Looks like we have to make more children.”

Taekyun blushed and shook his head as he smiled.

They cleaned Taekyun up and the family went out to eat at a restaurant then went back home.

The telephone rang and Taekyun answered it then rolled his eyes. He went up to Yule’s room and saw his son on the floor drawing a picture. Looking at the picture Taekyun said, “I don’t understand why you want to become a doctor when you are so good at drawing.”

Yule looked at his mama and said, “I know, but it is just a hobby.”

Taekyun nodded his head, “Okay my Sae Dum. Jae Jeon is on the telephone for you.”

Yule nodded his head and slowly got up while Taekyun closed the door. Yule walked over to the telephone on the nightstand and pressed number one and answered it, “Hello?”

“Tae Hyun, how are you today?” Jae Jeon asked.

“Fine, why are you calling?” Yule asked as he sat on his bed.

“I missed you,” Jae Jeon complained.

Yule shook his head and mumbled, “I miss you too.”

Jae Jeon smiled and said, “It’s Sunday tomorrow, do you want to go to the park? My mother gave me permission, all I needed to do is ask your mama and he said yes.”

Yule ran his hand over his face as he thought about it then said, “I don’t want to go to the park, can’t you come over instead.”

“Okay, I will bring the snacks,” Jae Jeon said.

“Okay,” Yule answered.

Jae Jeon smiled and shook his head then said, “Okay I will see you tomorrow, I love you Yule.”

Yule looked around his room after hearing those words and pressed his lips together and said, “You too. See you tomorrow,” and placed the telephone down.

2