Chapter 30 – Aquiring Information
2.4k 13 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remy stood in front of Utopia Casino, carrying two large suitcases filled with valuable papers worth approximately $1.200.000 (one million and two hundred thousand dollars).

The people around him were eyeing him like a predator, knowing full well that he’s carrying those moneys all by himself.

Ahhh, time to go home and count my spoils!” Puffed Remy in excitement.

He started walking out of the casino’s front yard, and towards the sidewalk of the street.

Many of the gamblers who saw Remy carrying the suitcases full of money alone were creeping behind... only to be stopped by the henchmen sent by Tony Gallo, who told them to not follow Remy, else they will be blacklisted.

Of course, this action was not to protect Remy, but rather to not mess the plan of tailing him home.

Then again, Remy, who’s actually Matthias in disguise, is not really in trouble with this new predicament.

“I can sense them tailing me from behind.” Muttered Matthias, still disguise.

He’s currently walking on the sidewalk, accompanied by the dark night and the shining half-moon. Such beautiful scenery and pleasant atmosphere is a perfect moment to have a slow walk.

Well, tonight is not the time for a slow walk.

Matthias sensed the henchmen getting closer, and are trying to surround him; probably planning to make sure he can’t escape.

‘They’ve caught up, huh? Then... it’s alley time.’

Matthias took a sharp turn sideways towards the nearest alley. With the help of the darkness, he took off his disguise, and quickly disappears, leaving the suitcases behind.

...

“What the hell? He’s gone?!”

The henchmen are all in the alley where they thought Remy was at. They instead found the money suitcases lying around, with their target nowhere to be found.

“Oh shit, did he sneak away?” asked one of the henchmen.

The other henchmen was about to spread out and search for the perimeter... when suddenly some dark mist were surrounding the alley, with the henchmen in it.

*cough* *cough* what the hell, where’d these mist come from? Something burning?”

The henchmen were confused, and some were trying to get out of the alley... then one of them fell with a thud.

*Thud!*

“What the hell! Check on him, see if he’s alright!” one of them shouted.

Then, another one fell down

*Thud!*

The henchmen stared at their fallen men... and then another fell down.

*Thud!*

And another one,

*Thud!*

And another one,

*Thud!*

And another one,

*Thud!*

These henchmen all fell quickly one by one in less than a second each. This leaves only three left.

“Dammit!” one of the henchmen cursed. He did not see anything attacking them, but he knows that someone- or rather, something, is attacking them.

Then, a gasping and gurgling sound was heard... followed by another thud. Another one bites the dust.

Eeeeek! Stay away!” one of the remaining two screamed. He tried to get away from the alley, before finally fell down with a thud.

... One left.

“Dammit!” He cursed again, and then he took out his pistol from his holster inside his suit.

He aimed around him, trying to find out who or what was attacking them, when he felt some sort of ‘hands’ feeling around his arms. These ‘hands’ grab hold of his weapons, and yanked it away from him.

Ugh... WHERE ARE YOU?!!” he screamed, fear painted on his face.

“... here...” a deep and ghastly voice came from behind him.

The remaining henchman gasped, and quickly turned around...

! ! !

... He met a face... a faceless face; black mask, featureless and faceless, and beyond that mask is a figure shrouded in shadow. Truly, like a nightmare coming out of one’s... nightmare.

This shadow figure extended his right hand towards the henchman’s face, and gripped it hard. Then he lifted his whole body with only one hand, and slammed him into the nearest wall.

*Slam!*

“Hello, friend... it is unfortunate that you met me.” Said the shadow figure before he punched the henchman’s stomach, causing him pain, enough make him fall unconscious.

The shadow figure; Matthias in Wraith form, then collected the unconscious henchmen in one pile, and then covered them with trashes around the alley.

“... I didn’t kill them... but I feel like I almost killed one of them...” Muttered Matthias.

Matthias can still remember the sensation of killing someone when he was dealing with these henchmen. He can feel how easy it is for someone like him, who possesses tremendous power, to kill others.

Matthias took his phone tablet from his belt, and then starts accessing the phone.

Back then, when Matthias was still disguised as Remy LeBeau, he planted a tracking bug on Tony Gallo.

Matthias has plans with him. He has been collecting information regarding Tony Gallo, and after learning much about Tony’s identity, Matthias has been planning to meet him from the start.

And now?..

“... Time to meet with the boss, again.”

...

It’s around midnight now; Tony Gallo sat in his silver limousine, enjoying his ginger-lime tonic cocktail with two of his girls.

He put his drink down and took out his phone to make a call.

“Why is he not answering...” Tony mumbled in confusion.

He’s calling his henchmen whom he sent to intercept Remy LeBeau. It’s been about an hour when he sent his men, but nobody has given any sort of reports.

‘Bunch of useless maggots... I bet they’re trying to hog those moneys away.’

After finishing this thought, suddenly,

*CRASH!*

His limousine window shattered, and the vehicle swerved to the side. Tony yelped in surprise, and felt his body getting yanked out from the window.

Argh! Dammit! Who the hell--!”

Tony struggled for a while, before finally fell unconscious.

A shadow took him away, and with the unconscious Tony Gallo with him, the shadow ‘flew’ upwards.

The shadow, Matthias as Wraith, was actually using his grappler to propel himself towards the sky.

““Kyaaaaa!”” ““Ahhhhh!””

The girls and the driver who saw this bizarre scene of a shadow abducting their boss can only scream in terror.

...

“*Groan*, Eugh...” Tony groaned as he woke up from his slumber.

He felt his blood rushing towards his head, and he felt extremely dizzy...

“Huh? Augh! What the?!”

Tony realized his situation; he is currently upside-down, his legs were tied on some rope, and he’s currently hanging with his head bellow and his legs above.

Tony then looked bellow him...

Bellow him; he saw the streets of Metropolis looking like some miniature city.

“Huh! AAAHH! NO! HELP ME!”

Tony is currently hanging upside-down on a piece of rope tied to a steel pole sprouting out to the side of a skyscraper. If that rope were to break, he will fall to his demise.

“I hope you enjoyed the scenery, Mr. Tony Gallo.” A deep growly voice resounded. A figure in black approached closer.

Tony saw the figure approaching him, and he went pale.

“W-Who the hell are you?!” Tony shouted, trying to make himself seem brave. "What do you want from me?!!"

The figure moved his head closer to Tony’s face. The shadow figure, with his deep growly voice, asked,

“I want all your info about the syndicate... and the black market artifact auction...”

Hey guys, I feel kinda rusty, so feel free to give criticism on the story progression, writing, grammar, etc.

That is all. Enjoy. I'll talk to you all later.

83