Chapter 6
3k 6 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finally got the answer on how to enter the cities. We just need to change our appearances. Currently all of our drones has humanoid features, two limbs and two legs but the rest is still looks like a robot. So we need to improvise.

First we need to have a same appearance as all the races, that is easy. Then we need to make the robot skin has a flesh-like feels. Even if they have human-like appearances, it still attract attention if it's hard as a steel. Ai-chan already working on the skin even without me asking. She really is helpful.

Secondly and I think the most hard is magic signatures. Just like what Flora said it's weird to have zero magic essence, even human that is inaptitude with magic had small amount of it, she said. So we need something to help us.

I did a lot of research with the wildlife to obtain the magic essence but it always ends up in failure. What did we need? We just need something or I have to abandon this project.

***

It has been 4 months now and La Flora already leaves. She said that she will paid us back for the hospitality but Ai-chan just said, "If you just go and never come back that is already an adequate payment already."

She really hate her didn't she. As she about to leave, she then stop and head back to me. She then hands me her silver necklace from before.

"Here this is the sign of our friendship. If you show this to other elves they will know that you are trustworthy."

"What is this?"

"That is the Necklace of Bloodkin. It is the most important item that always given to elves that has reach their adulthood. It made of pure silver and Magic Crystal and always been the most important thing to an elves."

"Wait... magic crystal?"

"Yes you never heard of it? It's a crystal that emmit magic and usually use in magic tools."

Well shiver me timbers, isn't this just a convenient plot armor. To think that I found the necessary components for my experiments.

"Thank you..." I said.

"...by the way, how did you obtained this crystal?"

She then looks reluctant for a bit, "Well I supposedly cannot tell you, but I think since I can trust you I will tell you."

She tell me that we can found it in a place that has high concentration of magic. But it really is dangerous to mine it without any protection. Well she didn't tell me how to avoid said dangers because the elves usually only use magic to protect themselves. So it's pointless even if we know. Well I will worry about it if we find the suitable location.

We then use various scanners to find the energy signature. Hundreds of experimentation and tests were run to find the necessary equipment to detect the magic frequency. It was really hard because we hardly know what magic is. Is it gases? Somekind of radiation? We need to work from little information we have.

Little by little, and somehow we make a breakthrough. It took us about three months to finally find the results that I want. Well it is quite impressive that we actually get the results in a short amount of time with little information. Well it's also thanks to Ai-chan helping me.

***

Ai-chan can you help me with something?

She just went silent.

Ai-chan you there?

"Yes?"

Where are you going?

"Nowhere."

Well can you help me?

She went silent again. Why did she like this?

"Did you already forgot?"

What? What did I forget?

"You said last time that you want to hear what I said if we allow that girl stays here. So when can you do it?"

Ah... yes, actually I may have forgotten about it.

"Well I won't help you then."

Hahhh~ okay I will follow what you said but we need to finish this work first.

She went silent for a while then, "very well I will help you but in return..."

What is it?

"I want you to go a date with me."

Huh?

"We will head back to the VR world and you must go for a date with me. Okay?"

Very well I will go for a date with you.

"Yay."

But we need to finish our job first.

"Very well what did you want me to do?"

***

We then sent some drones to search for the place that has high concentration of magic. It took quite sometime but we finally found it. There is one problem though, that place is infested with magic beast.

I want to sent drones to cleared up the place but Ai-chan didn't allow it because we still not know what effect it will have on the drones. So we need new equipment to cleared up the place. I suggest we create a strategic bomber planes and blow the place up. But she said that it will compromise the crystals so that plan is quickly scrapped.

Ai-chan suggested that we still using the battle drones but equipped them with jetpack. With that we can shoot all the beast above the ground.

We then quickly create the jetpack and equipped all of our battle drones. All of the beast then were gunned down by the drones. Even if the drones were up in the air the monsters can still attack them with magics.

The battle took almost four months to conclude. We also lost a lot of drones, making this engagement is quite costly. But it's really worth it because we finally get what we want. But first we need to make a little experiment. I first sent some battle drones into the area. Nothing happened. I'm actually worried that we need to make some necessary equipment just to mine the crystals. We already using a lot of resources just to gain control of the region.

Well there is only one problem though. And it will cost us months of war of attritions with the strongest race in the continent.

War with the Ancient Dragons Race.

61