Chapter 20
1.4k 11 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the sudden hiatus guys. I recently just bought the Federation expansions for Stellaris. Got addicted with it for while. And I also run out of idea for a while. Anyways I'm back also enjoy.

"Scythe-chan, did all the preparation complete?" I ask.

"Yes Your Excellency. Currently about one division of battle drones are ready to attack the mountain range."

After the dragons attack I quickly ordered Scythe-chan to reorganise our military. Before they can launch any attack on our base we need to act fast and cut the head of the snake. Or in this case big giant lizard.

"Viper-chan can you brief back all of the intelligence that you have gathered."

"Yes papa. As everyone can see from the screen, the dragons not only gathering their own kind but also another species as well."

"Is there any species there that maybe can be a threat to us other than the dragons?"

"Based on their appearance I can conclude that they did not have any capacity to fight us on equal level, so I don't think they will pose as a significant threats."

"So our only worry are the dragons only?"

"Yes papa."

Well this is a good omen.

"Scythe-chan are the drones ready?"

"According to my calculations, everything will be ready by tomorrow morning Your Excellency."

"Very well. Everyone!!!"

All three of them then began to look at me as I'm about to make an announcement.

"We will began our attack tomorrow morning. Our mission is simple. We get in there and divide into two groups. One group will act as a distraction and began their attack from one side of the mountains. While they busy fighting the attackers, another group will come in and subdue dragon king Nox. Is everyone clear?"

"Yes, papa/darling/Your Excellency."

"Okay, dismissed."

***

On the next morning, all of the battle drones under Scythe-chan control began to move to the mountain range.

She control about one division of drones for the diversion attack. It only took about a few minutes to arrive at the mountain range. We can see about 10 dragons still sleeping at the nearby plains with a few other monsters. Before they woke up the drones began to open fire but using a few guided missiles that we brought along. All ten dragons then woke up without any injuries but most of their monsters minions were...not so lucky.

"Arghh!!! They are attacking!!! Hurry up warn everyone!!!"

The dragons then began to roar as loud as they can. Not long after that hundreds of dragons then started to congregating at our location. Heh those dragons are really simple.

"Well I leave this place to you, Scythe-chan."

"Yes Your Excellency."

After that the battle began. Thousands of drones open fire on the dragons forces killing hundreds of dragons. The attack on the dragons side also did not pale in comparison with their machines counterparts. They fired hundreds of fireballs at the drones army, destroying hundreds of them. The fighting was so intense that it can be heard from hundreds of miles away. After hundreds of years the battle will be known as The Battle of Titans but that is for another story.

***

As Scythe-chan busy distracting hundreds of dragons outside, me, Viper-chan, Ai-chan and a battalion of drones began to infiltrate the dragons' lair. There is less number of dragons and monster patrolling the area. Even if there is one we quickly deal with it.

As we explore inside the dragons' lair we come across a room full of treasures. Gold, Mithril and various other treasures that enough to build a kingdom. We mostly ignore it because we really does not desperately need money nor it have any use to us but there is one thing in the treasure room that piqued my interest.

An orb that is made of somekind of metal. It looks nothing like a magic item. It have more of a futuristic kinda vibe you know. But weirdly I feel like that I have seen it somewhere before. As I'm about to take it suddenly we were attack out of nowhere.

"GET AWAY FROM THAT THING!!!"

The dragon that attack us is not any ordinary dragon. That is the dragon king Nox himself. He attack any drones near him. Well looks like we really doesn't need to find him.

"Viper-chan, let's go and attack him."

"Yes papa."

Both me and Viper-chan began to attack Nox. Viper-chan attack him using her sword while I back her up using my rifle. As I want to use the rest of the drones to help Viper-chan, a large number of monsters and dragons came to our location.

"Ai-chan use all of the drones to held back the incoming enemies!!"

"Yes darling."

Ai-chan using the drones to make a line between us and all the monsters.

"Everyone take aim."

All of the drones began to take stance.

"Fire!!!"

In mere minutes all of the monsters were mowed down by hail of gunfire.

"Looks like our flank is safe. Viper-chan let's just focus on our enemies in front of us."

"Yes papa."

Viper-chan then quickly run towards Nox then began to slash like crazy to defeat him. Nox nimbly avoid all of Viper-chan attack.

"Hah!!! Is that all that you got?"

As Nox said that he then began to attack Viper-chan but unlike most of the dragons, Nox suddenly create somekind of black matter above his head. Suddenly a spike came out and impale one of Viper-chan's legs.

"VIPER-CHAN!!!"

I then quickly shoot the black matter using my Mana Rifle but for some reasons it cannot cut it like usual.

"Tch!!"

Viper-chan then using her sword to cut of her leg off. I then quickly run and catch Viper-chan before she fell on the ground.

"What the hell is that black thing?"

Nox then quickly attack both me and Viper-chan continuously using his black matter.

"Everyone open fire!!!"

The drones under Ai-chan commands then quickly gun down Nox but in mere blink of an eyes he successfully covered himself using the black mattet to protect himself.

Nox then quickly attack all of the drones we quickly evade all of his attack. Unless we come out with something we cannot do anything to hurt him.

"Ai-chan can you analyse the black matter?"

"Yes darling. It will take about a few minutes."

For the time being we just need to avoid all of Nox's attacks. Nox using the black matter to impale every drones that he can get his black tentacles on.

"Got it!!" Ai-chan said to me.

"What is it?"

"That is... no way!!!"

"What?! What is it Ai-chan?"

"That... are nanites."

"What?!"

34