Chapter 19
1.7k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dragons, 5 o clock!!!"

I open the drones visual that in the area. I saw a large number of dragons. I estimate about 300 dragons are heading to my city.

"Scythe-chan, prepare all of our battle drones!!!"

"Yes Your Excellency."

About one battalion of battle drones are quickly deployed for incoming battle. If this many drones still cannot defeat the dragons, hehehe~ I already prepared a secret weapon special for them.

"Weaklings hear me!!! I am the emissary of the great dragon king Nox. Bow your heads to King Nox or we will execute all of you on the spot!!!"

The dragons seems so confident since they think they have the numbers. I want to negotiate if possible and avoid the needless fighting but if it is inevitable then I don't have any choice but to fight to the last drones. It will certainly regrettable that a lot of resources are all lost to this needless fighting but it's not like I will lost everything. I can always replenish my losses but the dragons don't. That means in the long run I will win no matter what happen.

I tried to negotiate but the dragons arrogantly rejected all of my envoys. Well don't blame me if I win, I already give them a choice and they rejected it. Well this is really regrettable.

"Scythe-chan... began the battle."

"Yes Your Excellency."

***

The sky is blue and beautiful.

If people were to look up above they would certainly feel the serenity of it's surrounding.

But right now above the city it was anything but serenity. It is a chaotic battleground between the mighty dragons and innumerable machine warriors.

If you watch the battle you can see that the dragons may look like they're in the most disadvantages position. But those giant lizard really put up a formidable fight. Their body are covered in a thick layer of harder-than-titanium scales but those can be easily cut using a my concentrated mana weaponry. This guys also as fast as a MiG-25, making them a bit harder for the drones to kill.

The fight is so intense that I can feel my body shook out of excitement. This is really surreal. Just imagine a skynet terminator unit fight against dragons.

"Your Excellency, you seem to be enjoying this a bit to much." Scythe-chan tell me.

"Of course it is. I really am satisfied with your performance. You easily adapt with the battle and minimise the losses, good job."

"Thank you Your Excellency. I am happy that I have became usefull to you." Scythe-chan said while bowing her head.

I can some chills from my back. I peek at my back and see Ai-chan and Viper-chan seem to look at Scythe-chan with jealousy.

"Gnuuu... to think that a newcomer like her get a praise from darling easily." Ai-chan muttered.

"MuST... KiLl... kIlL... AnYonE... thAt... cLosE... tO pAPa..."

Scary!!! Viper-chan is so scary!!! How can someone soo cute like her became a yandere with severe father complex? Where do I make the mistake?

I can see even Scythe-chan became restless. Both of the girls behind me had become really jealous.

"Ehem... well it also thanks to both Ai-chan and Viper-chan help that we can make this happen, so good work both of you."

In a blink of an eyes both of them quickly turned from jealous to happy.

"W...well of course without me darling would definitely be lost."

"Hehehe~ papa praised me."

Anyway, the battle are now currently in a stalemate, we not really make any push but so do they. I think this is really a good time to experimenting with this new weapons that I just created.

"Scythe-chan, I want you to use the new weapons."

"Are you sure Your Excellency?"

"Yes I am. I mean this is maybe the only time we can test it's effectiveness."

"Very well, we will deploy it as fast as we can."

***

Dragon emissary' POV

Heh~ like I thought they are weak. Before this we were defeated because of the leader is an incompetent bastard and they are not prepared for fighting.

This guys are small and the only thing that give them a leg up was because of that weird magic wand. One cast from that wand enough to incapacitated a dragon. If we just careful and avoid the attack we will survive.

But from their behaviour, I know that they are not a human. I mean not even a single one of them has magic in them. They feel like a empty husk that is resemble a human. It feels like I fought something that is not alive to began with. It really give a bad taste in my mouth but it doesn't concern with current situation.

Hmm... looks like this guys are preparing for something. Before this they fight and attack relentlessly without stop, but right now they began to slow down. Are they want to surrender, or maybe plan for something?

Suddenly something flying on my direction. Oh no am I going to be killed. I then just closed my eyes and hear some explosion. But not enough to kill me, it just blow up a little and produce somekind of yellowish green smoke. There is hundreds of thing exploding around us and producing same result.

Are those guys try to mock me? If they did, well looks like it works.

"Just destroy all of them!!!" I shout to my subordinate.

We continue to fight until...

"Arkhhh!!!" One of the dragons suddenly became crazy and began to clawing it's own neck as if he is drowning. After that he just drop dead. Then one by one the dragons began to fall to the ground.

What happened!? Why all of my subordinate suddenly dead!?

Then I began to feel something. I began to have difficulties of breathing. I tried to gasping for air but for some reasons, I can't. It really feels like I was drowning in an ocean.

What have they done to me!!!? Someone please help... me...

***

"Your Excellency looks like the chemical gas attack are working just fine."

"Great. Continue to give me update Scythe-chan."

"Of course Your Excellency."

The secret weapons that I have began to mass produce is chlorine gas. Yes, I already began to use chemical weaponry.

What you think this secret weapon is a nuclear weapon? No of course it's not a nuclear weaponry. A lot of movies or game about genocidal machines always overlook one thing. Nuclear weapons are machines only weakness. You see when nuclear weapons are detonated they release a thing that is called as an electromagnetic pulse and causing anything that is electronic within range to be... well destroyed.

So the only safe bet for us machines are either a bio weapons or chemical weapons. Bio weapons is a really risky weapons to use because it has high probability to kill anyone in this world. So our only choice is chemical weapons. I mean it's not like it is illegal to used it in this world, right?

The dragons really not expected that ain't they. I can see that the dragons line had become chaotic without any leader. After that is just an easy work to despatch every single one of the dragons.

"Most the dragons are killed, while some of them has escaped. We refrain on chasing after them, because there is a high probability of an ambush."

"Good work Scythe-chan, you can go now."

After Scythe-chan exit the room, I began to look back at the battlefield. It really is horrific. No wonder this weapons are banned to be used iny previous world. Well this is just war, the victor are the one that will write the story. I really hope that we can avoid from using this weapons ever again. As effective as it be, it is also inhumane no matter how you looked at it.

***

It has been three days since the attack. We already began a clean up on the city. We began to burn any dragons' corpses to clean this city morr effective. You know what I always wondering one thing. Who were exectly our creators?

"Ai-chan, I always wondering what happened to the old civilization that create us?" I asked.

"Didn't I already tell you, all of my memory banks got corrupted during hundreds of years hibernation. So I don't really know what happened."

"You said you want to restore the memory banks before. Is there any progress?"

"I tried to couples of time but everytime I attempted it, my programme glitches causing all of the progress failed."

"Is that so?"

Hah~ it really is mysterious about the identity of our creators. But I must say their tech is quite fascinating. Most of their tech only a few hundreds years more advance from earth except their genetic engineering tech which is millennia ahead on what human on earth capable of. From the databanks that I have at least, their civilization have medicine for almost every illness. Cancers, HIV, aging, etc. Not to mention cloning technology here is also near perfect.

Their genetic knowledge is something that corporations or countries are willing to wage war just to obtained it. Just imagining it is quite scary actually.

Well, let us not tired ourselves with needless questions. Right now we need to focus on our final threat. The great dragon king, Nox himself.

I have both ko-fi and patreon account. So if anyone wants to donate me some money you can do it there.

36