Learning About The Other Races
492 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has passed since Papa grounded me for getting kissed by Lan, and I haven't seen him since. Every time I go to his study to see what he is doing, Baston prevents me from entering saying that he was too busy to be disturbed right now. I have a feeling that Papa is purposely avoiding me so that I won't get out this punishment too soon. You know, if he knows that he's too lenient on me then should't he be fixing his dotingness by now? I really wonder about his mental health some times. 

Sighing,  I picked Yue up and headed towards the library to read a bit. It was boring being grounded for no real reason. I didn't ask for this skill of mine to be used by kissing other people. If I do ever use it again, and I'm not saying I will, I might have to only use it on really close friends and family. Preferably all of them being girls since I'm sure guy friends will get the wrong idea, also I don't want Papa to kill them after finding out. Learning all the languages I can does seem like it will be useful in the future since foreign exchange students appear in the school. Maybe I can ask Papa to find people who won't tell anyone I kissed them to learn a language? Then again he might make them disappear once I add their language to my skill list.

"What do you think, Yue? What book shall I read today?"

⌈Nya!⌋ 

Yue jumps out of my arms and ran towards the section that hold the books on the different countries in this world. He stood in front of a thick book on a bottom shelf. Walking over, I saw that it was about all the races of humanoids that lived here. Yue settled on my shoulder when I picked his choice of reading material up and headed to my reading nook. 

Creaking open the pages, I found out that there are many different races that humans consider intelligent enough to be called a humanoid. There were Elves, Beastmen, Dragonkin, Tori, Merfolk, Ogres, Oni, Spirits, Demons, and of course, Humans. The Elves being here didn't really surprise me since most JRPGs had elves in their fantasy games and they were in the book as well. I think I would have been highly disappointed if Elves didn't exist here after everything I've seen so far. 

The Tori basically looked like the angels depicted in Christianity. Blonde and blue eyes people with white wings that fly in the sky. They don't really wear robes though, most of them don pants or shorts since it would be embarrassing to have their undergarments revealed to everyone when they fly. I can't really blame them for that, even though it's another world I'm sure there are perverts here as well.

Ogres surprised me on being considered a humanoid, but the book says that they look a lot like a human but with really dark brown or green skin tones and two horns protruding from their foreheads. Their intelligence, while not as high as a humans, allows them to be able to converse with other races and negotiate trades for their people. In my past life, I always thought ogres looked like huge, fat, bald goblins with tusk like teeth that like to kill humans. Well, new life, new thought process I guess.

"I would love to see a cat beastman, wouldn't you, Yue?"

⌈Nyan nya⌋

A cute cat beastman boy around my age with twitching black ears and a fluffy tail just begging me to pet it to my heart's content. Gosh, who cares about elves and hauntingly beautiful demons when there are adorable beastmen hunks around. I could practically feel my eyes turn into hearts just thinking about what my future boyfriend would look like.

⌈Nya⌋

"I know, I can't let Papa find out what I'm thinking or else I'll never see what a beastman actually looks like. He might even keep me locked away from all boys if his overprotective switch gets flipped."

Which reminds me, since the Demons are a race here, do they have a Demon King as well? There was never any mention of any demons attending the Royal Academy in the book. Just some elves, a dragonkin, and a few merfolk who mastered turning their fins into legs. Maybe the Demons kept to themselves? Who knows.

"My Lady, the Lord would like to see you in his study."

Lily finished her basic training and was shadowing her mother now to learn more about being my personal maid. I think she's doing a wonderful job so far but I can see that she's still nervous. 

"Ok, Yue, Let's go see if I can get out of this unfair grounding!"

20