Chapter 7 practice
547 7 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay now, let's start training" (Arrys) 


"I guess I should start with how the magic here work. " (Arrys)


Here, the magic work because of the chant. The chant is a magic imbued words that when spoken will result in a magical phenomenon. The magic here in Alaea make use of this to move their mana. This chant is composed by two arcane word, as they say it, and a command. These arcane word is the type of mana and the shape you choose, then you speak your command. 


"For example an everyday magic that everyone can use, {narr az} is used to light up candles and to light fire for cooking" (Arrys) 


It is basically a lighter, but the magic didn't activate because I didn't complete it with the command. For your information narr mean fire, and az mean small, a small fire, simple. 


"But there is a weakness to this, that is you can't control it as you wish, after all word is insufficient compared to your own mind" (Arrys) 


You can't control the output of mana too. This type of magic is easy because you didn't need to learn how to control your mana to be able to use magic, but it's use is more limited to your knowledge of the arcane words and your command words, and of course as I already said, you can't control the manager output. It might be fine if you just want to light a fire, or conjure a glass of water. But it becomes a problem with specific stuff, for example if you got bitten by a venomous snake, you need to stop the venom from spreading then remove the venom and lastly repair the damage. If this process is done by this chant type magic, you need to chant three magic, one for stopping the venom, one for removing it, and one for repairing the damage. Wich will result in a great amount of mana lost and the burden of keeping more than one magic going is hard on your mind. 


"But if you learn how to control your mana..." (Arrys) 


You can reduce the mana to two third of that if you can control your mana and manage how much mana is really needed for it. And work with the same mana to do multiple task at once.


"Well let's just start with feeling mana first, are you able to feel it or not? " (Arrys) 


"How you do that? " (Asha) 


Hmm, because I don't live in a place that has mana, I can clearly feel it now, and the knowledge from my skill help that. How can I help her feel her mana. If she can't even feel it how can she control it... Control?... Oh yeah maybe I can try that. 


"Ok let's try moving my mana through your body, and you try to feel it, it should be easy because it is a foreign mana" (Arrys) 


"Ok, what should I do? " (Asha) 


I hold out my hands. 


"Hold my hands" (Arrys) 


"Ok" (Asha) 


She hold each of my hand with hers. If any of you think a romantic scenes where the girl blush and shyly hold my hand, sorry but you have to remember she is an airhead. Now back to reality, I move my mana through her body, this is a step used when you are about to cure someone, but in this case I use it to help her feel mana instead of scanning her body. 


"Can you feel anything? " (Arrys) 


She nodded. 


"Yes, it feel nice like when I have a bath. Feel like warm water flowing from my hand" (Arrys) 


Well this is good, she can feel it, I was afraid it would take sometimes for her to even feel it. I stop flowing my mana, and asked her if she still can feel it. 


"Can you still feel it now? Can you feel something similar from your body? " (Arrys) 


"Hmmm... It's gone now... I can't tell if there is any" (Asha) 


She shake her head. As expected, it is not that easy. Maybe the lingering mana I use is disturbing her natural mana, or at least prevents her from feeling her own mana. I guess I should take some time before asking her to try it again. 


"Okay, lest let wait for a few minutes before trying again" (Arrys) 


"Then what should we do? " (Asha) 


"Well maybe having tea or just talk to pass time" (Arrys) 


She beamed at that. She really change her expression fast.


"Okay! Sara can you make some tea and bring cookies too! " (Asha) 


Now that I think about it I haven't pay attention to her maid, Sara is her name apparently. She have a black hair that she made into a bun, and she have a dark brown eyes. I definitely not lazy to describe her, I just too focused on other more important things, teasing people for example. 


"While she go, why don't you try the jacket? " (Arrys) 


Her face light up and she hurriedly stand up to put on the jacket. When someone like her put on a bunny jacket, I does look fitting, I mean the jumpy part. Maybe next I should give her the full body rabbit costume, or the pumpkin witch costume, or the celestial costume. Hmm, the wedding costume will probably look good too, if only I have the male version too then it would be a good match... Waaaiiit a moment, what did I just think about, calm down, she's a kid, well I'm a kid too, but that is besides the point. 


*inhale*


*exhale* "fuu... " (Arrys) 


"Hmm... ? What's wrong? It didn't look good on me? " (Asha) 


Asha who misunderstand why I take a deep breath asked with a teary eyes. 


"Ah no no, it's the other way around, it fits you perfectly" (Arrys) 


I smile at her, diverting my thoughts so it didn't go astray. If it go astray again maybe I should I immobilize it with the hornet bush thorn, but it would mean I would pass out, so maybe I should pass on that. Mean while Asha is beaming with smile as her cheeks gain a slight rose color. 


__


After that, Sara get back with tea and cookies. We eat and relax for a few minutes and now it's time for her to try feel her mana again. 


"Hmm... " (Asha) 


It look like she's trying hard, but when a kid like her try to make a serious face, it just end up looking cute. Maybe I should let her try the school uniform, it would be interesting. 


"Oh! I can feel something! " (Asha) 


Oh that was fast, no more than 20 minutes. 


"What does if feel like? " (Arrys) 


After thinking for a bit she finally found the word to describe it it seems. 


"I can feel the warm water like before, and I can feel cool water too, it welf weird but nice! " (Asha) 


Hmm, if the warm water like feeling is for nature mana like myself, and the cool water is for more pure form of water mana, then could it be that the eye color and hair color is an indication of someone's magic affinity? I should ask someone who knows more. 


"Okay, you should try to keep feeling it for now, if you can feel it without trying hard let's move to the next lesson" (Arrys) 


"Okay" (Asha) 


The lesson end after that and we have lunch. And go back to our own room. I spent some time analyzing the poisonous stuff that I take from the forest. 


'That guy must have an allergies to bee sting to have his face swells like that and lost  consciousness after getting the poison from hornet bush, poor idiot, I almost feel sorry for him'




ok guys, I hope this is good. And it probably will be longer before I update the next chapter, I need some idea. Well if you guys can advise me on how to make a good casual conversation and if you guys have some idea on what our mc will do next feel free to comment.

19