Chapter 11 rescue
394 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I fly just above the city buildings, many people is looking whether in awe, confusion, panic or fear. I don't mind them and fly past them and the city wall, ignoring the soldiers that saw and shouting at me while some readied their weapons. I fly straight to the South without following the road as I only need to get to to where my butterflies is. 

The thruster is wasting high amount of mana because it not really meant to be used as a flying technique but just a slight burst to dodge attack. My mana is rapidly decreasing but I'm closing in a small caravan that's traveling away from the city. 

When I got close enough I stop the thruster and  falling in an arch in front of the caravan sliding on the road for a few meters before completely stopping. The people who's guarding the carriages is alerted and running towards me with weapons ready. 

"Who are you and what's your intention!? "

One person of the group shouting a question at me. 

"Are you an adventurers? I am here to investigate the carriages you're protecting" (Arrys) 

"What right do you have to investigate the carriages kid!? If you don't have anything to justify your actions you can't expect us to let you even if you're just a kid! " (Adventurer? ) 

Tch, I don't have anything on me to do it rightly. I hope those guards are moving fast here. I don't think saying my purpose would change anything, but if any of them knew, they should have some reactions. 

"A few hours ago an important person from the Duke House has been kidnapped and we have been searching the city to no result, so the next possible culprit should be those who just got out of the city. In this case, your caravan. I hope you can cooperate or else I'll have to use force" (Arrys) 

I try to focus on everyone, trying to find anything that can be a clue. Sadly I don't see anyone with suspicious movement, or at least I didn't see it. Just as I was thinking of how to proceed from here someone walk to the front while shouting at me. 

"Hey you brat, are you looking down on us? Don't you see how many people holding weapons here? I suggest you go home before you got hurt! " (Adventurer? 2) 

Is he trying to hide something? Or is he just hot headed? Sadly I don't know. Thought I'm not a fan of him either way. 

"Sure I know I can't win against all of you head to head, but that's not how I fight. Now once again will you let me look at the caravan or not? "

"I'm sorry kid, I can't let you have your way without any real proof" (Adventurer?) 

"Tch, move, let me handle him, I'll show him reality so he'll remember it the rest of his life" (Adventurer? 2) 

The Hothead lift me by my collar, but before he do anything I hit him with the back of my cannon powered by the thruster. It send him flying backward a few meters before falling to the ground unconscious. Following the force I backflip before landing on my feet. 

"You brat! " 

Some other started to attack with my first attack on the hothead as the cue. Three man come up at me and when they're close enough l used the counter grenade to blow them away. The other seeing that started to take action as well and those with long range attack shoot at me with what they got. Using the thruster to dodge the attack l follows with a triple shots toward the attacker. Two of them managed to dodge while the last got hit on their shoulder. 

"Eat this! "

Just when l was about to land a spear shot at my torso. I managed to use my counter to shied it but got myself blown back by the explosion. The attacker stager back but no serious damage thanks to his longer range. 

Seeing this as a chance other charges at me with their own weapons. 

'Tch, this going to hurt' (Arrys) 

Channeling mana as fast as l can, l shot toward the middle of the group trying not to hit someone close to me as best as l can. The bullet of mana swirl away toward the group of attacker and one of them decide to try to disperse or parry it with their weapons.

*boom!! *

 

Unfortunately for them it trigger the bullet to explode creating a very loud sound along the explosion that stagger them. I myself still felt the damage even after bracing for it. But thankfully they're all down including those in the caravan, coughing and groaning. Some started coughing blood out. 

'Finally'

I use minor heal to myself, trying to save up as much mana as I can. When I feel the damage has lessened I stand straight and walk toward the caravan. 

The coughing fit doesn't only come from the explosion, especially those in the caravan. I've been using poison breath to slowly poison them while I talk to the adventurers looking people. Now the poison is taking effect I can check the carriages. But I just ignore the other carriages and head straight toward the third carriages where I feel my butterflies is. When I look inside there is a lot of wooden crates. Stacked together. This is it, there is no one for anyone to be here except the crates and there is only few reason a person is inside here, even fewer if they're out of view. 

But there is a problem that I can't solve now. I'm not strong enough to lift the crates, and I can't destroy the crates because if I make any mistakes the person inside there could be injured. I went back toward the armed groups. There's no one standing, all of them is on the ground coughing hard. 

"If you want  me to heal you, you must help me take out and check the crates on the third carriages. What do you say? "

I ask the man who first talk to me, who's probably the leader. He has a short dark red hair and look quiet young. He's coughing hard but still able to understand me. The poison is making it hard to breathe but still not enough to make them lost consciousness. 

The man nodded at me and I make one butterfly to heal him. He takes sometimes to take a breath, steadying his leg he stood up. He look at the other before looking back at me. 

"What about the other?" 

He asked me hope in his eyes. Well considering he just take this job and probably haven't got his pay. Or he just a nice guy, well either way... 

"We'll see after you help me with the crates" (Arrys) 

"Then, can you at least heal my friends to help me with that? "

I look at where he looks. It seems his friends are some of the one who stay back from the chaos. I guess I don't mind, I do need to be fast just in case they did something you Asha.

"Fine" (Arrys) 

I created a few butterflies to heal the three people lying on the ground near him. 

"What's your name? I'm Arrys" (Arrys) 

Which on it I ask his name, considering I haven't even introduce myself, or in this case, ourself. 

"Ah I'm Aagam, the three over there is my friend, the girl is Alisha the priestess, the guy with black hair is Daks the archer, and the short guy with dark green hair is Gyan our scout." (Aagam) 

He introduced himself along with his friends who is standing up with a groan, still feeling the side effect after coughing so much. 

"Ok now, move up now! I don't have time to waste right now" (Arrys) 

now, I'm stuck. I don't know how to go about the next chapter. So probably it will take sometimes before I upload again. It's getting harder to write the chapter, well not all the chapter but the one I'm bad at in this case.

And anyone know how to put picture in the chapter?

17