Side story 1 Arina
309 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since I was a fawn I already starting to understand myself. I was different from my siblings, instead of the same color as the ground like my siblings, I have the color of the clouds, instead of having eyes like the night I have eyes like young leaf. I started to understand that I can make plants grow faster and help when my sibling is hurt. Then when my horn start to grow it looked like crystal that I sometime saw in the mountain and cave. When I fully grown I was twice as big as my siblings, and my horn always glowing like the moon.

It's has been a long time since I outlived my siblings and their descendants. I meet some friends, the same kind as me thought much older and stronger. One is Aria a queen, she is a  firebird that is called a phoenix, she rule over humans, at first I find it weird as humans would attack us when they see us, but now I understand that not all of them are like that and that's why I make home near her kingdom. She and the humans that under her revere the dragons, they don't worship the dragons but think of them as a protector of the world. Well for her, just a special dragon, a friend of us that life deep in the forest, Izuki. He has been protecting this land for centuries, as a dragon that is a really young age, but for us he is really old.

Izuki, my friend, was born from a human woman five hundred years ago in the land that now is called Iyo, he was born a human too. He said that that time was a hard time as the world is full of chaos the miasma is so high that many turned into Fallen, many were killed including his mother, enraged he was consumed by the miasma and turn berserk his form turn to that of a black dragon. Luckily he didn't turn into one of the Fallen, thought I don't know if it was his luck or is dragon immune from demonification. Thought he needed three hundred years to get back his sanity so he didn't know what happens in that time span. When he came to the world once again in peace, the land has returned to it's green and bountiful state. Although the number of humans and other race has dwindled they are once again living peacefully. And the once threatening Fallen has become a rare find and occurrence, even the miasma has gone down to minimal.

"Hehehe"

"Hahaha"

The sound of laughter can be heard and I see the little creature playing around. They are called goblins a mischievous little thing, they like to play around and have the mind like a human child. I've been looking after them for about a hundred years now. They are a fragile little creature close to the fairy, thought unlike the fairy they are weak and have a short livespan of Ten years. They even weak to miasma that make them easily turn into a Fallen. That's one of the reasons I'm here to protect them, the other reason is to help in case Izuki is struggling with miasma again.

Since about a century ago the miasma has slowly build up again. Concerned Izuki locked himself deep inside the forest and absorb the miasma in his body and slowly cleansing it, but even after what he did, the miasma is starting to build up again in these past years, he tried to take up more miasma, turning the forest around him into a whole different things as even the trees has absorbed the miasma and turned black, now the forest surrounding this place is called the Dark forest as even the living things around his domain is influenced by the changes inside his domain. I myself become the protector of the Dark forest making sure there's no miasma leaking from izuki's domain which is now named the Death forest as almost nothing can enter that place alive, and making sure no one enter that place. I still able to enter thanks to me being close to live mana, and the plants can life there as they are one of the sturdiest living things. 

As the two of us making sure the miasma is in check, Aria is trying her best to find out what making the miasma build up again though nothing comes up yet. 

"I just hope that everything will turn back to normal in time" (Arina)

side chapter yay~! There will be another chapter later probably.

12