Chapter 22 – A fight that cannot be escaped
2.1k 7 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“———————!!!”, the dragon roared an indescribable sound that filled our hearts with fear and despair.

Athena was tired and sweaty, it was night and she could barely continue working for today. And her doll like face had a pained expression that even looked cute and her silver eyes were wavering in fear. Azure was trembling almost comically since it was a slime, while I was thinking of what to do.

‘If we leave now we won’t have enough time to forge the swords, and if we’d come back ‘he’ would still be here.’, I thought using ‘Fast Thought Processing’ to think faster than a normal human.

I looked at Athena and she nodded as if she understood what I was thinking, and Azure was wiggling as if it was saying that it would support us.

The dragon’s eyes were beaming red looking down on us and it’s body that was glowing faintly, gathering mana inside his body to then shoot it out. His horns looked like they could pierce through a body like butter and its purple scales looked like they could be unbreakable.

“——!”, the dragon roared and then breathed out a purple gas that started to surround me and Athena. My body started to heat up as if it were trying to protect itself against the gas, I looked at Athena and she was coughing heavily.

“Athena don’t breathe it in! It’s poison!”, I said as I held my hand in front of her mouth, she blushed by me suddenly grabbing her but understood what was happening.

I was unaffected by the poison because of the skill ‘Status Effect Resistance’, it makes me resistant towards most of the poison hitting me. However, it’s not completely nullified, it is still affecting me just a little though.

Azure wasn’t effected by the poison, since it didn’t exactly have a nose or mouth.

I held Athenas hand and moved out of the thick cloud of purple poison, Athena held her own hand to her mouth and said. “What should we do to defeat it?”

We couldn’t escape since if we would he would still be waiting here for us and we didn’t have enough time to go back to the guild and put up a quest nor the patience to wait for an adventurer to take it.

“Let’s split, take Azure and try to stay out of its sight and try to attack it with anything you’ve got.”, I said as I passed Azure to her. The space inside the mine was big enough for a dragon, so we should have enough space to hide in. “What about you Master?”, Athena asked.

“I’ll try to come up with a plan.”, I answered shortly after turning back to the dragon. Athena was running over to the other side of the dragon.

The dragon’s attention was drawn to me, the poison gas had already cleared out a little, I ripped off a little piece of cloth from my shirt to cover my mouth.

Dragons have really hard skin, normal swords wouldn’t be effective. That meant that I would have to rely on magic and on my ‘Swordsmanship’ skill.

The dragon started to gather mana around him, he opened his mouth readying to spew out another cloud of poisonous gas. However, I would not let him.

I picked up my iron sword and tried imbuing it with magic, it was a fight against the clock if I did not use magic I would certainly die. My sword started glowing black as if it were ablaze.

Athena used fire attribute spells one after another, her face was sweating but it payed off as the dragons tail started to catch on fire. The dragon realized it and then spun around trying to send us away.

His tail hit Athena and she got thrown off all the way against the hard wall, she spitted out blood from her mouth and fell to the ground limply like a corpse. The dragon’s tail didn’t stop there, he tried to hit me as well however I turned off ‘Materialization’ and the tail went right through me.

‘Keep calm. If you get angry over this you’ll die.”, I said to myself as I was almost getting taken over by anger. I went over to Athena and checked on her, she was still breathing but barely.

I picked her up and tried to retreat for a little, however the dragon wouldn’t let its pray escape that easily. The dragon started to breath in, and then breathed out a tremendous amount of poisonous gas against the exit.

However, most of the poison hit the walls and started to melt it down! The ceiling started to get hit with poison as well, the room we were in started to change color from light blue to dark purple.

After the dragon finished, our last exit route got closed by the dragon. It looked like the rock melted and hardened, ending up on suspending our only exit route.

“What a crafty dragon.”, I said joking a little and at the same time attending Athena, I deactivated ‘Materialization’ and put my spirit hands inside hers and shared my skills with her. I thought about the way skills worked, it was obvious that the skills were bound to one’s soul, so all I had to do was link mine to hers.

Athenas body started to recover. “T… t…thank… y.. you.”, Athena tried to muster out a word, she tried to stand up and prepare herself to fight. “Yeah, don’t push yourself. I can’t have you die on me.”, I said.

Athenas mouth turned into a small smile, she then stood up and checked her wounds, they were better than before and none of her bones were broken.

“Athena I’ve got a plan, could you please help me with it.”, our lives depended on it or rather on this spell. Athena nodded with absolute trust within me.

“Athena I need you to distract the dragon while I need to recover the mana I’ve just lost.”, I asked Athena and she nodded and went towards the dragon, since I wasn’t able to attack the dragon with my sword while it was imbued with magic, I lost the mana I put into it.

“’Consecutive Fire Rain’”, Athena shot one fire ball after another like a rain of flames upon the dragon, she had to hold back her mana since she almost used all of it before. The fire ball was effective on getting its attention.

I was going the other way trying to stay out of its sight, I needed time to gather up mana and time to think about the spell. If I failed to shoot it, then say goodbye to us.

The dragon was full of himself, it was sure that it would win and that’s what I’m going to use against him. The dragon tried to use the same attack as before, it opened its mouth and inside of it you could se the purple gas gathering.

“Athena get behind me.”, I shouted as I ran towards her, I shielded her with my body and extended my right arm forward.

The dragon’s expression turned into a pitying one as if to say, ‘pitiful humans, you are foolish to believe you could possibly win.’. The purple gas was starting to get even thicker inside the dragon’s mouth and then he shot it towards us like a tornado.

“No, you are the fool here!”, I shouted at the dragon as a magic circle around the palm of my hand appeared. And a the torrent of purple gas turned into black flames. The flames followed the stream of gas all the way to the dragons’ mouth and caught him on fire.

Dragons have really hard scales, however their insides are a different thing. The dragon’s body was glowing faintly, but not the same color as before this time it was glowing in dark black color.

The dragon started to thrash around, he hit the walls, ceilings, and the exit he had burned down. After a small moment fire was starting to flow out of the gaps between its scales like liquid fire and then the dragon went up in a spiral of black fire. It looked surreal as if it were something written in a fantasy novel.

The dragon died and its corpse fell to the ground, the fire wasn’t spreading since I was controlling it up to some extent. I felt my body getting heavy and fell to the ground, but Athena caught me before I fell to the ground.

“Master, we did it.”, she said with tears forming on the corners of her eyes. “Yeah…. We did it.”, I said as I lost consciousness.

 

<< You have reached Level 100 >>

<< Your race has changed from ‘Dark Ghost’ to ‘Black Ghost’. >>

<< You have acquired the Skills ‘Flame Manipulation’, ‘Dark Vision’, ‘Coordination’ and ‘Enhanced Vitality’. >>

<< The skill ‘Night Vision’ has been added to the Skill ‘Dark Vision’. >>

<< The levels of ‘Spirit Form’, ‘Pain Resistance’, Light Attribute Resistance’, ‘Enhanced Agility’, ‘Dark Vision’, ‘Fast Healing’, ‘Enhanced Mana’, ‘Materialization’, ‘Intuition’, ‘Status Effect Resistance’, ‘Enhanced Muscular Strength’, ‘Automatic Mana Recovery’, ‘Chant Revocation’, ‘Possession’, ‘No-Attribute Magic’, ‘Mana Control’, ‘Surpass Limits’, ‘Dark Attribute Magic’, ‘Dark Aura’, ‘Fast Thought Processing’ and ‘Wrath’ have increased. >>

<< Your Attribute Values have increased. >>

 

 

 

 

It was warm, this warmth was familiar. I felt my body slowly regaining its strength as I realized I was sleeping on my bed. My consciousness was still hazy, so I tried standing up, but something was on top of me.

I tried opening my eyes and found a girl I did not know sleeping on top of me. She had blue hair that extended all the way to her waist like Athena and her face features looked like between the border of young and teen and she had a big chest, but the problem was where it was positioned… on top of me!!!

I could feel the softness spreading all over my chest, since she is directly on top of me and that’s not the worst part, the worst part is the fact that she’s naked! She slowly opened her eyes and muttered. “Oh…. good morning master.”, she said with her eyes half open.

“Uhm…….. would you first tell me who are you?!”, I said as she moved a little and I could feel something pointy touching my chest! “How mean if you master. Do you really not remember? It’s me Azure.”, she said however I was refusing to believe.

‘There’s no way this is Azure, Azure is a slime!’, I thought as I felt my face getting redder and redder. “Alright, I believe in you, but would you please get off of me or at the very least put some clothes on!”, I said as I looked away, embarrassed by her breasts touching me. She pouted and then said. “Okay.”, and the instead of getting off me, she hugged me with her naked body.

“But, I don’t want to leave Master!!!”, she said stubbornly. ‘T-t-they’re touching me!!!’, I screamed internally as I felt a squishy sensation on my body.

“Master, are you awake?”, I heard Athenas voice coming through the other side of the door. “Ah! It’s Athena. Hey Athen—“, Azure was about to say but I put my hands in front of her mouth trying to stop her from talking any further.

“Master who was that?”, Athena asked from the other side of the door, somewhat confused as to whom the unfamiliar voice belonged to. “Uhm. Nobody. I’m naked right now could you please not enter the room.”, I thought up a half lie to make sure she doesn’t enter. I was not naked the only thing I had in were boxers covering my lower body.

As I started to hear Athena’s footsteps leaving, Azure escaped my grasp even though I had higher stats than her, I think. “What are you talking about Master you’re not naked.”, Azure said with a jiggle of a girl.

‘What are you six years old?’, I innerly screamed, as I tried to stop her from saying anything else. “Master, are you sure there’s nobody in there? Master, I’m coming in after all.”, Athena said throwing my heart into despair from thinking of what would happen.

‘I have mama’d my last mia.’, I joked as I prepared myself to what would happen. The door opened and here’s the scene, a boy that looks like it had the appearance of both genders and one girl with blue hair, naked on top of him. And what is worse is that the scene is being shown to another girl!

Athena stood there with the eyes of somebody who was looking at trash. Hey that’s actually starting to hurt! “Athena, this is not what it looks like.”, I tried to come up with an excuse for the course of events, but she did not buy it.

“Oh! Hello Athena how are you?”, Azure greeted her without a single hint of knowing what scene we were in right now. “E. X. P. L. A . I. N.”, Athena spelled out with a cold voice.

 

 

 

 

Apparently Azure evolved yesterday, after she devoured the dragon. However, she only received the skill ‘Mimicry: Human’ today while she was sleeping on me and this happened. She evolved into a ‘Greater Dark Slime’, it was a race that does not exist yet in this world because I have ‘Dark Attribute Magic’. It became a ‘Greater’ because it ate a dragon.

“See, now I’m innocent aren’t I.”, I said after Azures explanation, Athena sighed and said. “Yes, you are. However, there is a problem. She doesn’t have any clothes, so she either has to turn back into a slime or you’ll have to buy magic clothing.”, Athena said covering my eyes from looking at Azure.

Magic clothing is clothes made out of magical thread, magical thread is made out of mana imbued into normal thread. It is easy to make or up to some extent.

“But, before that we have something really important to do.”, I said. We still had to help Willow with making his magic swords...

52