Chapter 31 – Burn and disappear
1.8k 8 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“There’s one target left.”, I said shortly after Athena stood up. The tutor who was actually a assassin was the one who killed her parents and friends at the village, but the one who contracted him was the daughter from Raymond Ferrow, Lucina Ferrow.

Athena nodded in return and we made our way to Lucina’s room, the guards who ran away probably went to protect the nobles daughter. That means there was probably still a chance that she might still be here.

Athena and I searched throughout the mansion, there were no guards around and instead dead silent hallways and rooms. We eventually heard a voice in the distance as we gave up hope of finding her.

“I am not leaving! My father promised me that we would be spending the weekend in the capital!”, the voice said stubbornly. “But miss Lucina, there’s an intruder and most of the guards have been whipped out.”, another voice said that belonged to a guard.

“Tch! You’re all so useless! I am not leaving, you commoners go take care of the intruder and I don’t care whether or not you are all whipped out! At the very least do your job correctly!”, Lucina complained like a greedy child.

“Miss Lucina, I beg of you to leave the mansion this instant it isn’t safe!”, the guard warned her again, but she ignored him instead. ‘This intruder is probably no big deal. If these useless guards can’t take care of them, then I’ll do it myself!’, Lucina thought.

Lucina was the same age of Athena, she received special training as a noble like swordsmanship and magic. “Leave this room and take care of the intruders!”, she ordered the guard and he bowed and left the room concerned.

And that was the end of the conversation we heard, Lucina the daughter of Raymond was present in the facility and that was all we had to know.

We followed the voices further upstairs and arrived at what appeared to be a huge lobby filled with some injured guards. These were probably the guards that Athena had blown away and came over here to rest.

The guards noticed our intrusion and started standing readying themselves to battle. “I don’t have much time.”, I muttered as I released ‘Dark Aura’ to every guard in the room.

They stood still in fear and then passed out, it seemed they couldn’t handle the pressure of the ‘Dark Aura’ together with the spell ‘Brainwash’. I looked at Athena and she was trembling a little. “Did it affect you? I’m sorry.”, I apologized to Athena and she shook her head and said. “No, it’s fine.”

We found two hallways, one that goes left and the other that goes right. The voices were coming from the right, we went right and arrived at one of the many rooms where the voices were coming from.

‘How big is this mansion?!’, the mansion was ginormous, even an elf with great sense of hearing could not leave easily.

I knocked down the door. ‘I always wanted to do this!’, I checked off one of the things I ever wanted to do in my life.

We entered the room and the guard froze instantly and behind him there was a girl with a small dress on. “Who are you to enter a noble’s room without authorization?!”, the girl said.

“Step back miss Lucina. These are the intruders I talked abo—“, before he could finish his sentence something hit him from behind and he fell to the ground writhing in pain.

“I don’t need protection, I can take care of myself thank you.”, Lucina said with pitying voice full of coldness.

‘The hell?! Why’d she do that? He just wanted to protect her, she didn’t have to be so cold, sheesh.’, I thought in my mind.

Lucina noticed Athena instantly. “Give me a brake! Why are ‘you’ still alive?!”, Lucina said with a voice full of scorn and hate. Athena stood still and looked at her with a calm look.

“Why did you send somebody to kill my parents? Why did you have to tell him to kill an innocent village as well? Why did you do this at all?!”, she asked.

Lucina sat down on a chair and composed her expression into a leisured one. “You came all the way here just to ask me that? Fine, I’ll tell you.”, she said, and her voice suddenly turned as cold as ice.

“I hate you. No, I loathe you Athena!”, she responded to her question with a response that not even I could’ve predicted.

Athenas eyes went wide open in surprise. “I hate you so much, everyday you’d spend time with those commoners and then you’re still seen as a noble?! Unacceptable! Simply just unacceptable! Just because your mother helped in a war that means she’s a noble?! The answer is no!”, Lucina continued talking about how much she hated Athena, but I didn’t listen to her anymore.

“Are you telling me that you killed my parents for that reason?!”, Athena asked in hateful voice that even the average human would be frightened. Lucina however, didn’t show any reaction and simply said. “Yes that’s pretty much it. What are you going to do now?”, she said.

Athena held grabbed her sword. “Pick up a weapon.”, Athena ordered Lucina, Lucina nodded understanding what she wanted and picked up a sword from the guard writhing in pain. “I’ll show you the difference between commoners and Nobles, I’ll show you where you belong!”, Lucina said swinging her sword in Athena’s direction.

Athena easily parried the attack with barely any effort. Lucina got angry and ran towards her like an animal with a stick, Athena moved slightly to the left and cut Lucinas left arm off.

“KYAAAAAA!!!”, her scream of rage and pain ringed throughout the mansion, Lucina fell to the ground holding the spot where her arm fell off and tried to stop the bleeding.

“How dare you hurt me! A noble! You won’t get away with this you stupid bitch! I’ll kill you!!!”, Lucina cursed at Athena, but she simply just stepped closer.

“Hey! What are you doing?! Get away from me!”, Lucina said but Athena only moved closer with more intent. “Get away from em you bitch! I’ll kill you!!!”, Lucina cursed even more. However, it was ineffective.

Lucina stood up and used her other arm to throw something at Athena, but Athena cut her right arm off as well. “KYAAAAAAA!!!”, she screamed even louder.

Lucina cowered into a corner crying and trying to hide from Athena. “Please don’t kill me! I’m sorry!”, out of nowhere Lucina begged for mercy. Athena stood still and Lucina gained hope, however only for a little.

“Not kill you. After what you’ve done?!”, Athena said in a scary voice, Athena swung her sword and cut off Lucina’s right leg off and she screamed again. “You little bitch! You goddamn slut!”, she cursed meaningless words.

“When my father finds out you’ll be wanted all over the kingdom!!!”, she tried threatening Athena, but little did she know that her father was already gone.

“Really? Then I have a question, do you think that threat will save your life?”, Athena asked menacingly showing off killing intent. Athena’s sword started burning indicating that she was transferring mana to the blade.

“-------“, an indescribable scream came from Lucina the moment Athena drove her blade into her mouth, Lucina screamed and twitched like a bug who lost it’s limbs or got trampled on.

After a couple of seconds, Athena took her sword from the burning corpse. She took a piece of remaining cloth and cleaned the blood from her sword.

 

<< The levels of ‘Dark Aura’ and ‘Surpass Limits’ have increased. >>

 

Skill Explanation: Thread Reeling

This Skill allows one to produce threads out of one’s body, for example: from the top of their fingers or even from their tongue. This skill is mostly only acquirable by races like Arachne or spiders, or mostly monsters.

 

Skill Explanation: Intuition

This Skill allows one to feel danger when it is close by or to predict the future to some extent. It alerts someone by giving them a feeling that something bad is about to happen. It also happens to be mostly acquired by people with high cautiousness levels.

 

Job Explanation: Dark Attribute Mage

A Dark Attribute mage job that is only available for those who have the skill ‘Dark Attribute Magic’. This job gives a considerable amount of increase in the Intelligence stat and Mana. Together with it comes the skills ‘Alchemy’ and ‘Increased Mana Recovery’.

 

How is it that I sleep 9+ hours, and I'm still tired, and when I sleep for like only 2 hours I'm full of energy?

53