Side Story 3 – The new member
1.7k 17 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Finally! Some rest!”, Guild Master Julius sighed in relief and lied back down on his chair.

‘These documents have been piling up day by day, but today I was able to finish them all in less than three hours!’, he praised his one achievement that in eyes of others may seem like nothing.

“Uhhh. I sure do miss adventuring.”, he muttered stretching his arms.

Julius was once and renown adventurer back in his time before he became the guild master, he used to go on adventures and the like.

“I wonder how my former party members are doing.”, he recalled his friends.

The guild master was an A classed adventurer together with his party they were almost recognized as S classed adventurers.

Julius threw away his thoughts and drank from his cup of tee, when suddenly someone came barging into his room. “Guild Master!”, a woman that looked like she was in her twenty’s shouted.

“What’s wrong?”, Julius asked casually feeling in a good mood. “The king is waiting downstairs huff, he wants to have a talk with you!”, the guild girl told him.

‘The king?! We haven’t spoken in years except for that one time for that certain quest…’, the guild master rubbing his chin thought.

“Alright, please let him in.”, Julius gave the word and the receptionist left the room.

Julius heard heavy footsteps reaching the door, and from the other side he saw the king. His right arm was missing and was still leaking blood here and there, his golden armor was bloodied and dirtied with debris and dirt.

“What happened?!”, Julius worried about his heavy wound, but the king stopped him. “It’s fine, the wound will close shortly, I’m using ‘Life Attribute Magic’ to heal.”, the king said despite knowing that it wouldn’t heal so easily sue to the curse that Shiro had inflicted on him.

The king sat down on the opposite side of Julius. ‘His level of ‘Life Attribute Magic’ would have to be evolved or high level for him to be able to recover his arm.’, Julius thought.

“Are you sure you’re alright?”, Julius asked very concerned, he may not have a good relationship with the king, but he would never want to see someone in the Kings shape.

“I already told you, I’m fine.”, the king said. “Define ‘fine’. Jeez!”, Julius picked up a cup of tea and shared it with the king.

“So, what did you come here for?”, Julius asked. “I just came to talk.”, he answered. “With ‘that’ injury? What happened?!”, he asked with a more demanding voice.

“I just came back from a battle against a ‘monster’.”, the king answered. “A monster?”, Julius asked curious as to what he was referring to.

“Yes, and unusual monster indeed.”, the king gave his answer. ‘An unusual monster… could it be…’, Julius started connecting the possible dots to one another as he drank his cup of tea.

“I got a report saying that the noble’s mansion got attacked at the same night as today.”, the king said.

Julius spewed the tea he drank, he choked a little on it, but returned back to normal. “Cough, it was attacked… by who?!”, Julius asked trying to catch his breath back.

Julius didn’t know that at the time he was filling out documents, that the king was fighting against Shiro and that the nobles mansion had been attacked by the same person.

“If I had to guess, then it would be the ‘monster’.”, the king said taking a small sip from his teacup. ‘Could it be the monster that came from the forest?!’, he finally put the dots together and wanted to ask the king.

“Is it the monster from the ‘Spirit Forest’?!”, Julius asked. “Yes, it was.”, with a cold voice he answered.

The kings gaze was ice cold, as if just from looking you could freeze to death instantly. “Alright, but you didn’t just come here to tell me that did you?”, Julius asked.

He was trembling a bit by the cold king right in front of him, the king’s blue eyes almost looked like they were made out of ice as well!

“You remember the ‘promise’, we made to each other.”, the moment the king spoke his words, Julius clenched his fists and said. “…yes.”

“I would like you to do anything within your power, to get rid of that monster.”, Julius looked down at his request and then looked at him into the eye.

“I made that promise to ‘Sieg’, not to ‘you’.”, Julius responded to his request with a confusing answer, it was as if he didn’t see this person as his friend ‘Sieg’, but somebody else entirely.

The king relaxed his expression and grabbed a heavy bag with his remaining arm and placed it on the table. Thump, the heavy bag made a sound of coins rubbing against each other.

“Then, I’ll ask you this as the king of this kingdom, do anything within your power to get rid of that monster.”, the king spoke his will.

Julius took some time to think, the king always relied on him for situations like these. If he were to refuse, what would happen? These thoughts crossed Julius’s mind. The guild is under the rule of the king, rejecting something from him is like going against the kingdom itself.

“I offer you three hundred golden coins, if you are successful.”, the king said taking a final sip from his tea and left the room.

Julius alone thought about to whether to accept the request. ‘I knew it was a bad idea to burn that forest down. If it wasn’t his selfishness we wouldn’t be in this mess, now if I accept this request, I’ll be a target of ‘that’ monster as well.’, Julius thought about pros and cons the whole night.

After he spent around three hours, he saw the sun shining in the distance and realized how long he had been thinking.

“Uhm, Guild Master are you alright?”, the receptionist from the guild asked seeing that he had been up all night. “Yes, I’m alright. Thank you for asking.”, he said dismissing her.

“I know this is a mistake… but I’ll have to do it.”, he finally made his choice as the morning sun shone through the window.

 

 

 

“Come on Abell say ah.”, my mother brought a spoon into my mouth and I chewed happily on it.

It’s been about three months since I’ve reincarnated into this world. I’ve learned about the existence of magic and the Skill system up to some extent by listening to my mother.

I couldn’t learn any gifts as a baby and the fact that I was able to think at all was impressive in itself. “Good job! Now here comes another one.”, my mother said brining another spoon to my mouth.

My mother was very attractive, her black silky hair was beautiful to the eye and her kind blue eyes were so charming that you could even lose yourself in them.

“Baah, gaaahh.”, I could not speak human words yet, but I could understand my mother since the language I’ve previously learned was the same as hers.

‘I wonder if everybody speaks the same language in this world?’, I wondered as I took a mouthful of soup, it was delicious there was no way I could refuse it and also I was hungry.

“Mommy! Mommy! Can I play with little sister?!”, a little girl came running down the stairs with great excitement. And yes, I was reincarnated as a girl and not boy, even though I was a guy before.

This girl was my elder sister, she’s four years old now and always wanted to play with me.

“I’m sorry, but I’m feeding her right now.”, my mother explained. “Then! Can I feed her too?”, my little sister asked.

“Alright, please hold this spoon and feed her slowly.”, my mother passed the spoon to my sister and she pointed it to my direction and I in return opened my mouth.

“Wow! She ate it.”, she exclaimed in amazement. ‘Is it that impressive to see a child eat food?’, I thought taking another spoon as she kept feeding me.

After I’ve finished eating my mother brought me to my room and put me to sleep. “Sweet dreams.”, she left the room and I lied there alone.

‘Now! It’s time.”, I tried crawling from my bed, but gravity is not an enemy nor a friend and I fell back down. I was trying to stand up early on, since just eating and sleeping every single is kind of boring.

‘I still can’t believe I’m a girl, I wanted to be a guy…’, I was still not very used to this body yet.

‘Alright! If this didn’t work, then on to the next step.’, I crawled back up and supported myself by resting my back on the wall.

I extended my hands and tried concentrating as hard as I could. “Fiaa baallll”, I tried saying a magic spell, but it did not work.

‘Damn it! I cannot do magic! Do I need to say a chant? Do I need to do something more specific?’, I was frustrated that I couldn’t use magic.

How long would it take for me to use magic? Five? Six? Seven years maybe? I wanted to at the very least make a small light on the tip of my fingers.

“Bwhyy daaaa powa of maaah hansss make liggght.”, I tried speaking a made-up chant, but nothing happened and in result I got embarrassed by what I just did.

‘No! I won’t give up!’, I continued practicing magic and walking for now and one day in the future I would learn even more and beyond!

 

 

 

“Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!”, a man screamed in delight to the point where it could even be considered in a sexual way. “We have a new member about to join us!”,

“Is it a new possible candidate or did one of the ‘pillars’ fall?”, a high-pitched female voice asked within the dark room, she had blonde-white hair that extended all the way to the floor. She had bags under her eyes but that made them more beautiful to look at and she was wearing nothing but a huge white robe that covered her small body.

“No, it’s even better! Yes, yes, how wonderful! It is someone who has acquired the skill, but hasn’t truly awakened it yet!”, the man said as he stood on top of a table and spun around looking at the sky while spreading his arms.

The girl sitting on her chair lied down her head on the table and said. “I see…”, the small little girl slowly falling into slumber. Her body was like a relic which not even god would dare to lay a single finger on it.

“You’re not even curious about who the ‘candidate’ is? As expected of ‘Sloth’, not even a shred of curiosity.”, the man reached towards the girl and held her fragile head as if he was appreciating art.  “Uhm…. Okay… just tell me who it… is”, the little girl barely opened her eyes muttered with a small sigh at the end.

The man smiled showing his fangs, before you could not see his eyes, but they were beaming red. “’Wrath’ has come to join us!”, the vampire declared in a voice full excitement.

“HA! You think just because they got the ‘skill’ means that they’re going to join us?”, another voice made it’s presence clear. The vampire in the formal attire searched for the source of the voice. “You appeared after all, ‘Envy’.”, the vampire greeted her like they were friends.

“Don’t treat me like I’m your friend, ‘Greed’!”, the woman disgusted by his attitude said. “You remember what happened to ‘Pride’, the effect is different on everyone.”, the woman warned him.

Envy, Greed and Sloth were present at the roundtable. “I did not forget, people with ambitions like ‘his’ often end up like this.”, Greed placed his hand over his mouth in a sign of embarrassment by his mistake.

“We need to make sure this one doesn’t end up like ‘Pride’, that bastards is too powerful for us to eliminate.”, Envy bit her lip in frustration, meanwhile Sloth slept like a log. “Yes, it was a mistake on my part for choosing him. But maybe it was better off this way.”, greed took a look towards Envy.

“What do you mean?”, she asked confused. Greed descended from the table and sat down on one of the unoccupied chairs. “Fate works in many ways, and I believe this was supposed to happen.”, Greed made a vague answer.

“I think that if we didn’t choose ‘Pride’, then ‘Wrath’ wouldn’t have come up.”, Greed told Envy his speculation. “Still, what do you think we should do?”, Envy asked once more.

“We can leave ‘Wrath’ aside for now, once he awakens, we’ll go after him. For now we should fill the vacant seats”, Greed looked towards the vacant seats.

“Soon, we’ll fulfill our destiny together.”

 

Now is the time for another Q&A, please ask questions in the comment section and I'll try to answer as many questions as I possibly can in the next chapter.

39