Chapter 51 – Another shady business?
1k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The slave trader closed the door after saying his goodbyes to his customer, he took off his hat and recomposed his pitch black hair.

“To think you’d come this early, though I guess ‘fate’ works in many ways.”, he put his hat back on and walked back toward the cages and inspected a particular one.

Two little girls were sleeping, they probably couldn’t hold out staying wary of their surroundings any further. Their breadths were heavy, one could even begin to think that they were about to get sick.

“The fact that right at the moment I was about to close ‘he’ came made me begin to wonder…”, the slave trader glanced towards the twin sisters and chuckled.

“… you two must be very lucky that someone cherishes you up to this extent… huh?”, the slave trader spotted one of his subordinates coming in.

“Oh, boss. I didn’t expect to see you here.”, his subordinate was astound by his boss still being here despite it being closing time.

“Question, were you the one who brought these two in?”, the vampire sent a glance towards him, the subordinate shivered just because those cold red eyes were targeted towards his.

“Y-yes, these were brought in by a mercenary.”, he was able to speak out these words despite the pressure he was feeling from the blood red eyes. “I see, then I just must ask. Why do these children have whip marks on them?”

The slave trader curved up a smile as a reaction to his own question as if knowing the answer already. “T-the t-thing is t-t-they resisted so I HAD no choice!”, his subordinate was in cold sweat he felt his heart about to pop out fo his mouth any moment.

The subordinate knew ‘who’ he was speaking to, the slave trader was neither a fiend nor a friend. “So it was your fault…”

“Wha—“, the subordinate felt himself gasp for air, he couldn’t feel his feet on the floor and his body was starting to heat up. He looked down towards the pressure he was feeling on his throat, one dead white hand was extended towards his throat and black claws were digging into his flesh.

“Do you have the slightest idea of the magnitude of your mistake would’ve brought upon us?”, the vampire had a irritated look on his pale face, his very very smile made you think it was a joke in its very way.

“…p-p-pleashe I-I c-can’t b-breathe…”,  his subordinate pleaded for his life, his eyes were rolling backwards and his body’s was slowly going limp. “You’re no fun.”

The vampire threw him to the ground and still kept his hand on his throat. The subordinate almost lost consciousness, but ‘something’ was keeping him conscious.

“What were you going to do? You were expecting me not to be here, that means you’ve done this ‘routine’ before?”, the slave trader increased the grip on his hands.

“These two were only registered under the ‘slave’ spell three four days ago, I only came in to see them today though. That means that you had already started it at that time frame.”, the subordinates eyes were turning red.

“Do not get me wrong, if your actions had been done to any other slaves, then I might have reconsidered. However, the slave whom you’ve ‘scolded’ is an acquaintance of a friend of mine.”

“Had you done something of even greater magnitude I would have you nailed on a cross.”, the man was slowly crying out of his eyes and snot came out from his nose showing how hard it was for him to inhale air.

Every word spoken by the vampire was as calm and composed as it could be, it was even scary for he point where people asked themselves if that man had as little as a single human emotion inside of him.

“Because of your actions my first impression went down hill, now I’ll have a hard time regaining his trust. I need ‘him’ for my plans, you hear me?”, the vampire let go of his subordinate, the mans throat had the shape of the slave traders palms and you could see the cut marks of where his claws had been.

The subordinate used what little strength he had to stand up and ran away. He was terrified for his life, if he were to survive this would become a life lesson.

Right at the moment where he reached the exit, a small butterfly landed on his nose. He was confused as to what to think, ‘what was it doing here’ or ‘what is this thing’ were the thoughts that occurred to him.

The subordinates body started to inflate, the butterfly didn’t move as little as an inch. The mans body started bubbling.

“AAAHH!!!”, the screams of pain coursed throughout his body, his mind was broken and his body was getting distorted by the second and in the next moment….

Pop, the subordinates bod was no more. The only thing that remained was a puddle of blood and intestines spread throughout the floor as if a bucket of red paint had been splattered all over.

The cages surrounding him rattled, the vampire didn’t even spare as little as a look towards the puddle of blood.

Every slave who saw everything happen grew fear towards the being known as:

‘The Slave Trader’

 

 

 

‘It doesn’t wonder me that he’s able to escape the churches clutches, he’s able to teleport the whole space we were in!’, I thought.

I was in front of the Inn he had placed me next to, the people didn’t even recognize my nor his existence until he had closed the door, or maybe I’m just that irrelevant?

“Oh, boy there ya are!”, I saw Willow coming form the Inn, he looked like he was about to go out. “I thought I would have te search for ya, since ya didn’t know the way here.”

Willow was about to search for me, he probably considers the possibility of me getting lost… which sort of made me feel bad and a little irritated.

“I’m here as you can see. By the way where is everyone else?”, I couldn’t see Athena nor Alice and Azure nearby. “They’re in their room, the princess said she hadn’t slept a single night comfortably.”

Alice was probably more used to high quality pillows instead of the hard wagon wall she had to rest her head on.

“I see.”, I gave him a simple response, it wasn’t as if I had anything else to say that was of importance. “So, how did the ‘talk’ go?”

He was asking about the conversation with me and the slave trader. “I’m not sure what to call it, though I found what I came looking for but the problem is…”

“”The money””, both of us responded at the same time. “I may have never entered into that shady business, but I can tell when money is in play.”, ‘a dwarves insight ain’t bad’ was the sentence his wink alone gave me.

“I have no idea what to do.”, I told him an honest truth, what I could do in my position would be going on quests that earn a lot of money, but due to my low class I can’t choose the big bounty quests.

And I personally don’t want to start ‘pickpocketing’, I may be considered a monster or even a new race but that doesn’t mean I have to act as one. Resorting to this will only be my last resort.

“I have n’ idea, why don’ cha come with me, I know this place like the back of my hand!”, Willow had some sort of idea in mind to which I could not possibly begin to fathom what it could be.

“Follow me.”, Willow said when suddenly the door to the Inn burst open, it was Azure full of vigor and energy. “Master! I want to come with you!”

She was wearing the same school looking clothes as in ‘Ashen’ her hair was tied so that it wouldn’t get in the way and her radiant smile made me think she was a student.

“The place we’re going isn’t exactly for ‘children’”, Willow whispered to me as if it was a warning. “Fine, you can come.”, I responded and Willow face palmed as Azure jumped towards me in excitement.

“Thank you, Master!”, she hugged me, I could feel her breasts pressing on my face, the heavenly soft feeling spread across my whole face.

I glued her off of me, I was feeling completely embarrassed despite me thinking ‘thank god I’m alive’ or ‘BOOBS!’.

“AHEM, I think we should go. I’m not sure how much longer ‘that’ establishment’ll be open.”, Willow warned us.

Willow turned around and already started making his way, and so did I and Azure.

 

 

 

“Have you been here before, I mean like this town.”, I asked Willow curiously, while Azure was humming a soft tune. “Yeah, ya could say that.”

“Ya know, I was taught blacksmithing here. My teacher was strict as hell!”, Willow said in a nostalgic way. “We’re you born here?”

“Nah, I was born in ‘Glarita’, I moved here soon after a war broke out.”

“A war?”, I seemed curious to what he was referring to. “Yeah, it happened around one or almost two hundreds years ago.”, Willow explained.

“The war was actually quite calm to be honest, in my first one hundred years I was simply doing nothing with my life. Until they started recruiting people to join the war, that’s where I started to move out.”

The war only started to heat up after sixty years, where the troops of Dawnwell invaded Glaritas borders. Dawnwell wanted to ask for assistance from the neighboring kingdoms like ‘Zeltram’ and ‘Lacra’.

“Zeltram decided to stay neutral and do nothing, that’s why most of the population fled over to Zeltram where they were taken in. And after a couple of years Dawnwell came victorious.”, he finished his explanation.

“What happened to ‘Glarita’?”, Willow stood still and sighed. “The whole kingdom got overrun with monsters for some unknown reason.”

Willow stayed silent for a couple of seconds, and then he smiled again. “Welp, doesn’t matter any more, now does it?”

“So, why did you move to Dawnwell?”, I asked him something that I was also interested, and he chuckled. “No particular reason, just felt like it!”

“I-I see.”, I didn’t say anything else.

“We’re here!”, Willow said looking towards the humongous dome shaped building. “What is this place!?”, Azure asked and so would I have asked as well had she not jumped in.

At the entrance were people with black vests and sunglasses (despite it being night). And the people entering were elegantly dressed and some were dressed with normal everyday clothes.

“This is a Casino!”

 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I'm trying to update as frequently as possible. There's a new event going on F/GO, and I hope I'm able to get the special trade able 'Giants Ring' so that I can max lvl my Skadi. Anyhow, I'll see you all next chapter!

20