Chapter 68 – Unexpected visit
754 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was dark, black, blank, many words to describe it. Nevertheless it was dark, that was the first word that had reached my mind, or at least something I believed to be my mind.

I couldn’t feel my body, yet it was there. My sense of time became dull as much as my consciousness, it was almost like resting, yet I remained conscious.

The pure golden eyes gazing into me were no longer present, the hands enveloping me, were no longer here either.

‘Who was he?’

Not just were my senses dull, my mind, my ‘self’, my soul were no longer in my grasp. My memories were foggy, yet I recognized them as if they were mine.

‘Where am I?’

No answer, just the dead silence that I would soon have to come accustomed to.

‘What was I doing…’

… who am I?

‘…’

A new shape shifted itself into the endless dark black space.

‘.....i..e…up’

I could barely make it what it was saying, were my senses of hearing slowly disappearing too, like everything else?

‘..don’t…ive…up’

The shape stepped closer, revealing a humanoid form, it’s words became clearer but clouded at the same time.

‘….’, in this endless void, it’s shape was the only existence clear to me. I tried answering, but my mouth would not move, my vocal cords weren’t even reacting to my command.

The shadow stepped even closer, unveiling the appearance of a woman.

‘Don’t give up.’

Silky black hair, a soft voice that would spread calmness just by a single word. The soft light skin of hers made her appear to be a character from a fantasy book.

‘Why?’

Hands extended from the shadows, and caressed my cheeks. Warmth spread across my skin, unlike the previous ones. I could feel ‘affection’ from the warmth alone.

‘Because I…’

The woman got closer, and pressed her lips against mine.

‘…!’

The warmth spread across my whole body, my senses came back to me, her soft lips pressing against mine alone was able to exert such a reaction.

The darkness surrounding us, suddenly became lighter. However, it did not disappear.

The woman separated her lips from mine, our faces were close to each other to the point where our breaths intercepted each other. I felt a sense of loneliness the moment she separated herself from my lips.

I looked into her now clear eyes, ice blue crystal eyes reflected upon mine, they looked pained almost like they were about to cry.

‘Who are you?’, I asked the mysterious woman, I had no recollection of.

‘…’

She showed a pained smile, whilst caressing my cheek, like a jewel.

‘Would you please…’

Save me

Without answering my question, she left with those words. Something seemed to be familiar to me about them, but I could not remember.

The darkness seemed to be disappearing slowly but surely.

And together with the light, my consciousness returned.

 

 

 

“What!? The contestant Shiro is out cold!”, the announcer exclaimed upon the youths downfall whilst leaving the arena.

He turned off the magic time that amplified his voice. “I’m going to send the medics immediately.”, he warned his coworker within the booth.

“Nah I’ll do that.”, he stood up from his chair, his eyes still ever so tired looking. “Oh, alright. I’ll leave it to ya.”

“Can you take care of the rest of the things?”, he asked. “Eh? Are you about to leave?”, surprised by the sudden request, that made him sound like he wasn’t coming back.

“I think I’ve seen what I was supposed to see.”, he gave him a vague answer. “And what was it you had to see, exactly?”

“Something interesting.”, another vague answer, and he left the room without much care.

“Seriously, the people in this kingdom are getting vaguer and vaguer.”, he complained about a trivial matter, that seemed yet to slightly annoy him.

“I wonder where he is going, after all he too his sword with him…”, he looked at his coworkers seat, next to it was once a sword resting beside it.

 

 

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”, somewhere inside the stadium, a maniacal laugh spurted. “Yes, yes, yes! How marvelous, just so unexpected!”

His face downed in ecstasy, the slave trader seemed to be amusing himself or on the other hand amused by ‘something’.

“You’re disgusting, I hope you know that.”, a female voice, said with clear disgust.

“Oh dear, you wound me so with such provocative words.”, he pressed his hand on his chest area where his heart is, as if a stake had been impaled into it.

“Regardless of that, it seems you were right. This one might actually be ‘sane’. No, that would be a overestimation, rather logical would be the word.”, the woman said.

“He woke up sooner than expected, but it seems he is not cooperative yet.”, he put his hand on his chin, stroking it gently in thought.

“So, is this why you brought me over here, or is there more to it?”, the woman asked, with slight irritation in her voice.

“Well, you could say that.”, he redirected his gaze towards the now empty field, mages were casting spells fixing the terrain, the misshapen floor rebuilt itself into a flat surface.

“I brought you here to hear your thoughts on what transpired today.”, he answered. “You knew this was going to happen?”

“No, not at all. It was just a mild guess, a random roll of the dice one could say.”, he said.

“So, tell me. What do you make of this situation, ‘Envy’?”

“By the looks of it, our best way to deal with this is with ‘time’.”, the woman, also known as ‘Envy’ conjured.

“And why is that?”, he asked ‘Envy’ who seemed to be about to punch him out of pure irritation of his cunningness.

“Oh, it was just a mild guess.”, the two of them looked at each other thinking ‘seriously’.

“Haha, I guess this is what I get for my vagueness, well you can tell me that later, I think it is best for us to leave”

And so the two disappeared from the stadium like shadows, without leaving a single trail.

 

 

 

“Master! Wake up!”, a familiar voice rang within my ears.

I opened my eyes to be greeted with Azure gripping on my ripped shirt, with a concerned look. “Would you stop whining, I’m fine.”

Azure looked up and hugged me closely. “Master!”, her voluptuous chest was pressing against a dangerous zone of my body, so I slowly separated her from me.

“Don’t overreact, he’s only been out for thirty minutes.”, Alice in the corner of the room, commented.

“But it felt like forever!”, Azure complained despite Alice's sound argument. “That’s because you’ve been sticking yourself overly close to him!”

“I’m surprised to see you here.”, said I to Alice. “I may not have thrown a liking to you, but that does not mean I do not care for you as a person.”

Despite her remark, she was genuinely concerned, albeit not showing due to her personality.

“Regardless of that, thank you for concerning for me.”, I gave her my words of gratitude, her face slightly reddened. “Anyway, where’s Willow?”

Other than Athenas absence, Willows would strike me odd. “He’s keeping our seats, if we all left random people would just sit there. But, he told me to give you his regard.”

I imagined Willow giving me a thumbs up in my mind. “I see, I’ll thank him once I leave the infirmary.”, the room we were in had shelves with potions and medicine I would presume, so I deducted that I was brought to the infirmary.

“So, how are the matches proceeding?”, I asked about a important topic. “After you’ve passed out after winning the match, five matches passed while you were out.”

“Wait, I won?”, surprised by her explanation, I asked about the so supposed victory I acquired. “Yes. Don’t you remember? Or did you somehow fight without being conscious, that would be weird.”

‘I only remember that I lost consciousness, and then…’

I touched my lips, they were quite dry which gave it some sort of soft feeling.

‘Who was she… and ‘that’?’, I wondered upon the two figures I met inside my mind, which could be guessed to be questionable as to why I would have such figures inside my mind.

Inside that dark space, I felt conscious, yet at the same time my consciousness was foggy. Almost like a dream.

‘Well, thinking about it won’t change my objective now will it…’, I wanted to say, but what that woman did inside my ‘dream’ made me flustered.

‘She took my first kiss!’, I fussed over something insignificant, but to me it was sort of important.

“Master, is something wrong?”, asked Azure, seeing me space out from nowhere. “Uh, no. Everything is alright.”

I decided to brush the annoying thought away that would probably haunt me later, and stood up from the bed I was ridden on.

“Anyways, I’ll be returning to my seat. I…”, Alices  face reddening for a unknown reason. “I-I-I w-wish you luck next match!”

She left the room unable to maintain a calm face due to the embarrassment she felt and together with her followed Azure, she probably felt like she shouldn’t bother me any further, so that I could prepare for the next match.

“Good luck, master!”, Azure left these words of encouragement behind, and closed the door leaving me alone within the room.

“Well, guess I should prepare myself for the next match.”, I walked over to the door and left the room.

 

Unique Skill Explanation: Magic Master

It’s been said that the owners of this skill were to be envied, as for it is as it suggests a magic master. This skill decreases the amount of mana needed to chant a spell, and allows the user to cast high difficulty spells without the need of the dedicated amount of intelligence. This skill also increases the gain of mana, and the speed at which magic related skills level increase.

 

Hope all of you enjoyed this chapter, I've been getting almost no sleep whatsoever due to a certain game. I wanted to do a 400 readers special but it seems the number went down, do I really have 399 readers? Is it possible some of you are reading without putting the read mark? Not that I mind, but pointing it out would make me sort of happy knowing that I have more readers than what it says.

I have a question for my readers: Is my vocab alright? Like in my review they told me my vocabulary isn't really extensive. (I'm not native American or British)

Nevertheless, I hope all of you enjoyed this chap!

19