Chapter 72 – Aftermath of the match
600 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will be sparing you the details of what soon transpired after my defeat:

I was brought to the infirmary, and was to be treated for at two days at most, if I were lucky I would be discharged in a day at least. In the tournament, getting injuries or serious wounds was bound to happen, so they offered free health care which was surprising, it almost felt like this whole event was just for adventurers to gain something while the staff doesn’t even receive a lot.

Athena won that match, I was uncertain if it had been that her status surpassed mine or if her strategy was just flawless. Having a battle against her gave me a bunch of surprises, one of them being her magic.

Her expertise in ‘Fire Attribute Magic’ increased on a considerable level, and she even gained the skill ‘Space Attribute Magic’ which was what caught me completely off guard. I am actually full of questions, but I think I should leave it up for later.

The move she used probably was a ‘Space Attribute Magic’ spell that made her blade be able to cut through space itself, though I am not sure how many layers or how exactly it worked, it was sufficient enough to deal a finishing blow on me.

A major good thing that happened, is that my ‘Spirit Form’ is finally recovering… gradually that is. I felt something weird in body, other than the massive wound caused by Athena, I could not notice anything else that might’ve been causing that strange feeling, and so I went and checked my ‘Spirit Form’.

And my right arms skeleton was visible, for some reason I wasn’t really bothered by it (probably because of the skill ‘Distorted Mind’). Along side it,  flesh and blood veins were rebuilding themselves. I soon switched to ‘Soul Form’, due to the off putting feeling I was having observing my flesh and bones regenerating.

So that was the good news, on the other hand the injury caused by Athena is taking ages to heal, normally small cut wound, or none limb losing extensive wounds would heal in almost an instant.

It was likely due to it being a ‘Soul’, and my regeneration only applies to my spirit form or maybe it was something else?

Other than that, if I had anything else to report it would be some of my Skills.

My Skill ‘Flame Manipulation’ has finally evolved into ‘Dark Flame Manipulation’, albeit I am not yet sure as to what the differences are, I’ll have to be testing that on a later note.

On the other hand, my other Skills are pretty self explanatory, like ‘Fast Regeneration’ and ‘Super Automatic Mana Recovery’.

The Skill ‘Embodiment’ which evolved from ‘Materialization’, however remained a mystery. Or rather…

I have absolutely no idea what the difference could be, ‘Materialization’ is to simply make my ‘Spirit’ and or ‘Soul’ take a physical shape, it doesn’t do much more. And from my knowledge (which isn’t very big), ‘Embodiment’ means to embody? Like take full shape or form of something?

Well, let’s leave that behind for now, there are more important things to discuss.

“Like for example: Who was that girl who kissed me?”, as I previously expected, and predicted as well. The dream came back to haunt me.

Like I previously mentioned, I was to be treated for two days at most, thus I had no other option than occupy my earlier used bedroom.

“Because I was out for a whole day.”, I spoke to myself like I sometimes do.

Talking to ones self can help you calm down, and reorganize your thoughts. Sometimes music can also assist in the process, though unfortunately it seems that in this world music hasn’t evolved ‘that’ far yet, nor do they have some sort of invention that allows you to listen music per magic device, so that was unfortunate.

From my upper chest down to my waist, was a bandage diagonally covering the wound caused by Athena.

“She really didn’t hold back, now did she?”, I sarcastically narrated to myself, I pressed my arm on my chest area.

A slight pressure, and itch could be felt, it was likely to be the wound Athena had bestowed upon me. Not that I could say that I am proud about it.

“I haven’t heard the results of tournament, and nobody visited me yet.”, one day had passed, meaning I was out for a day, thus leading to the thought that somebody would’ve visited me. (Except for the nice nurse)

I gazed outside the window, the sky was gray, and the temperatures had lowered.

“I really need to get track of time, I don’t even know what month of the year it is, much less the day.”, this world used the same time system as I had on earth, and from what I can remember the last time I heard the date was all the way back in Dawnwell, and it was august.

“Man I really miss phones, had those not existed I would’ve probably lost track of time, I wouldn’t even know when my birthday was…”, a sudden revelation came to me, by a random chance of fate.

‘I don’t know when it’s my birthday.’, I’m considered zero years old in this world, despite my body’s appearance showing otherwise.

Did that mean that the moment I got reincarnated over to this world, is my birth date? Or does my old one still count?

“God! I really am forgetful!”, I complained about my own I incapability to track time, or maybe it was just my laziness trying to cope with that.

“…”, now that I’ve finally run out of self-dialogues, the room was filled with ever silence and boredom when suddenly…

I heard someone knocking on the door.

Had it been the nurse, she would’ve entered without knocking, so by the process of elimination. The person knocking is a visitor.

“Come in.”, I gave the word, and the door opened.

Silky silver hair, pure white silver eyes reflecting upon mine, a black coat covering her petite body along with a half broken mask on the right side of her face.

Athena came into the room.

“Hello there, Athena.”, I casually greeted, like nothing happened, albeit I was sort of embarrassed after the proceeding events.

Athena noticed me being awake, and instantly rushed over to my side.

“Eh? Athena what are you doing?”, Athena quickly reached her arm below my shirt, she lightly raised it and pressed her hand on the bandage.

My body trembled in reaction to her soft hands touching my chest, in stark comparison to me, Athena showed a different reaction instead.

“Master, I'm sorry, I hurt you like this in the heat of the moment. I’m really sorry.”, Athena with a pained expression bowed her head down.

“U-uhm, don’t worry. It’s not really your fault, we were fighting it was bound to happen. I was the one who took it head on instead of going on the defensive.”, I reassured her with my most reassuring voice I could muster. (aka. My monotone voice as per usual)

Athena nodded understanding what I meant. “I’ll will make it up to you, master.”, she said with a determined voice.

I let out a long sigh, knowing her, trying to change her mind would be nigh to impossible, so I gave up on the idea.

“Anyway, Athena could you please take your hand off from there?”, I asked her nice and politely, making her notice that her hand remained in the same location as before.

Athena realized her hand was still touching my chest covered by the bandage.

Athena’s cheeks reddened, at once she moved her hand away. “I-I apologize.”, she said, embarrassed by her actions.

“It’s no problem, anyway how did the tournament go?”, I brought up a matter of great importance, the sole reason I joined was to win the first place prize no matter what.

Once I would receive the prize, I’d immediately go and fetch the twins ASAP! There wasn’t a moment to spare, every second was precious.

However, I lost. And now, I would have to rely on Athena to win the prize for me. By the time that had passed since I was out, would be enough for the tournament to end.

Athena reached out into her pockets, and took out a weirdly shaped object. “Here it is, what we’ve fought really hard for.”

A nearly completely white coin, it could easily be mistaken for iron or silver. But it’s size was slightly larger than the average coin, as well as its shape, slightly different from the coins you’d see anywhere.

One could falsely a special coin like this, no matter what shape or material had been used, with a little of paint or magic they could easily falsely it. That is why, every coin has a special sign engraved on it.

Athena passed the coin onto me, I held the coin between my fingers. My face reflected upon the flat surface like a mirror.

“You were able to win the tournament?”, Athena averted her eye contact, upon listening to my question. “Not really, something unexpected occurred and I was declared winner.”

According to her explanation, due to a certain pre-finals match. Two ‘S’ class adventurers faced off each other and both ended up knocked out.

Naturally, they both got another chance to fight each other to move on to the final round…

It did not end well. Both of them ended seriously wounded, and had to cancel their match. Thus, making Athena the winner by default.

“By a cruel, yet lucky twist of fate, you got declared victor. How peculiar.”, my hands trembled while holding onto the coin.

Athena made a worried look upon my reaction of receiving the coin.

“Is there something wrong, mast—EEP!”

Suddenly, my arms moved to embrace Athena, catching her by surprise.

“Thank you. Thank you so very much.”, I could not form tears of joy, however my feelings were true even if I couldn’t show them.

Athena blushed while remaining standstill, but her hands naturally moved to return the hug back.

Although, I felt embarrassed by my sudden action, I felt like I couldn't have held in my joy. 

‘Now, I can finally save you.’, so I set out to get Lara and Luna back once and for all.

 

Here is your dear Author here, as you may always be thinking 'Why is he always tired?' (that is if you read the notes), well that's because I always choose the worst times to write, and when I am in the mood to write, I am unable to. Even now, it was hard to make this chapter due to my lack of sleep.

Anyhow, I would like to ask if you, my readers, like it when I post chapters at random (For example: Any day of the week as long as I make it up to 2-3 chapter), or would you rather prefer three or two consecutive chapters? (Like, today tomorrow and the day after tomorrow there'll be a chapter)

Please do leave a comment to let me know your answer if you can.

Nevertheless, I hope all of you enjoyed this chap!

19