Chapter 5
3.5k 8 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                                                                                                        [Third PoV]

Somewhere in the 'Kingdom of Glacia' a week ride away from 'Eastmire' village a red bricked manor was situated that looked very old. Within a large hall, a fat middle aged man with a round belly was sitting in a chair. He was leaning back with closed eyes and relaxing.

Suddenly both big doors of hall opened a young soldier who looked like a messenger wearing thin uniform without armor walked in. He kneeled in front of the fat man who was still leaning back. 

"Baron Wilfrid, I have a report to make, all units we sent to ransacked villages have completed their work....except...," young messenger gulped down his saliva intended to continue his report.

Baron Wilfrid opened both his eyes and cut messenger words.

"Don't tell me there is some kind of bad news, I have already got enough on my plate," he glared at the young messenger.

"Unit which went to 'Eastmire' village didn't report back. It's like it vanished from the surface of Earth. Even scouts sent to the village didn't report back," the young messenger said in fear.

Baron Wilfrid stood from his seat, his vein pulsing in the neck due to anger, he walked towards the young messenger who was still kneeling. He raised his foot and kicked the young messenger right in the face.

"All of you fucking useless, can't fucking handle some peasants. Now you have balls to tell me that everyone went missing. You fucking know tensions are high with other nobles and I can't afford to lose even one motherfucking soldier," he kept kicking and punching the young messenger in the face.

"Now call back all the units from other villages and I'll personally march to 'Eastmire' village and burn that piece of shit place to the ground," he picked up the young messenger from his collar and shouted right next to his face.

"Ye...Yes, my lloord," though the young messenger was bleeding from nose and mouth nonetheless he replied.

                                                                                                   [Myra PoV]

                                                                                               (A few days ago)

Yesterday my father killed, so much happened after that but I'm getting over it. I was so powerless when the village was attacked by soldiers. I couldn't protect my father, I couldn't protect my neighbors and I nearly died along with my mother.

I don't want to suffer this kind of tragedy again. I want to get strong enough to protect myself and the people I care about. But how could I obtain power? Even if a woman like me train or become adventurer, I'll remain average and most likely end up dead or worse.

To get strong I will have to ask Max and big sis Amelia to train me. They are planning to leave tomorrow, I'll ask them to take me with them even I have to beg. I have never seen someone so powerful before. Max with his spells killing people without breaking a sweat and big sis Amelia surrounded by bodies without flinching, both are like death God. Though I don't want to leave my recently widowed mother alone but I have no choice, I won't let my mother get more hurt especially when she got appointed as the village chief and have a heavy burden on her shoulders.

I walked into the living room, where both Max and Amelia are sitting, they are both sitting very close to each other with body contact and talking about something. Upon hearing me enter in the Max turned his face to look at me, seeing a handsome man looking right my face caused me to turn my eyes down due to shyness with a slight blush on my face. Well, it can't be helped, he's probably the most handsome man I've seen.

"Well well if it isn't beautiful Myra visiting me late at night," Max said with flashing eyes.

"Actually Max, I have a request please don't refuse," I said with a downward gaze.

"You can ask anything even if it's excessive, right Amelia?" Max said with a smile.

"Yes, only a few are worthy of Master's compassion," Amelia said with a raised eyebrow.

"Please take me to 'Norfolk' city with you tomorrow, I want to train and level up and become strong like you two," I bowed and said with teary eyes.

"I've got no problem. In fact, Amelia and I were talking about taking you as a guide to 'Norfolk' city. Have you ever been there before?" Max said in a polite tone.

"Yes, yes I have gone there many times with father to sell various supplies of the village," I replied.

"Well then pack your luggage tomorrow we are leaving at first light," Amelia said.

"Thank you, I'll train hard and won't let you down, I said with moist eyes.

"Some words will appear in front of you, move your finger and press on 'Yes' word," Max said with a gentle tone.

                                           <Death Mage has invited you in a party. Do you want to join?>

                                                                                        <Yes>      <No>

These words appeared in front of me. Oh, like adventures he wants to form a party with me. Like he told me I moved my finger and pressed 'Yes'.

                                                                 <You have successfully joined a party>

Current Party Members:-

  1. Death Mage ( Mage: Level 100)
  2. Amelia (Warrior: Level 100)
  3. Myra Lockwood (Level 6)

Oh God, they both are level 100, I have only heard this high level in legends. No wonder they are both so strong and unstoppable. While I was shocked I heard Amelia speaking.

"Master, I have detected three hostile enemies just at the outskirts of the village," Amelia said with a cold tone.

"They are probably scouts came to check up on small army which we killed yesterday," Max said.

"Let me take care of these bugs," Amelia said with curled up lips.

78