2. The darkness behind (1)
56 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Elijah was arriving the gates of the Twarz Castle, he heard the guards talking, and not surprisingly they were blabbering about him:

- Guards POV -

"Man, the young master just cause us trouble, he got out in the dawn and didn't return yet " - Guard V said sighing.

"Yeah, everytime he selfishly sneak out and the ones who got scolded are us" - Guard T answered back.

"He should stop being so inconsequent, and start to obey the Old Master, everyday he just cause troub-" - V says before being interrupted.

"S-Stop" - said guard T with fear in his eyes.

"What is it V? I'm only saying the truth, the young master just troubles us guar-" - V was answering, while he looked T strangely.

"How dare you say that about the righteous young master Elijah!" - T almost shouted hurriedly.

"Did you hit your head and go crazy?!" - V was looking to T like he would look a crazy person.

He was going to ask if T would like to go to the physician, but then he finally looked in the direction that his friend was looking. He felt a immense despair as he saw a young man walking to the gates. It wasn't no one but Young master Elijah, who was rumoured for beating anyone who badmouthed him.

Then, in a hurry, V and T shouted at the same time:

"Good afternoon young master!" - They shouted with a respectful but fearful tone

Elijah stopped walking and looked straight in the guards eyes. With a calm demeanor, he stayed there with nothing but a cold glimmer in his eyes, and after some time, he kept walking. When he was finally out of vision, the guards were relieved, after all, if he wanted he could kill even innocent people, not to mention, kill two mere low tier gate guards. He wouldn't receive a punishment because, even if he is not the heir, he is a noble.

"Why didn't you tell me that he was there?!" - Said V angrily

"..." - T just looked down and said nothing as he was ashamed

...

- Elijah POV -

'Why they always look at me with that amount of fear? I have a bad reputation, but I never punished someone just because they talked about me" - Elijah wondered, completely oblivious of how bad his reputation really is.

'I know them for a long time now. It saddens me a bit that they think I would do something to them for such petty matters"

While he thought about these matters, he was greeted by some maids and butlers along the path, and not much time after that, he entered the castle. Due his prolonged morning outing, he ended not eating much today, so his stomach craved for food ceaselessly. In the end, he decided to just go to the dining hall. When he reached the dining hall, there was almost no one besides some maids and butlers. Due to the current time, everyone had already eated the breakfast. Some of the new employed staff had the same reaction of the guards, but Elijah didn't pay attention this time and sat down in the table, then clapped his hands a little. Promptily a old butler in his sixties with a well trimmed white beard answered his calling:

"Good afternoon young master, do you wish that I prepare breakfast?" - Said the old man, gently as he didn't seem to fear Ellijah.

"Yes. Thank you Hans, you always understand me" - Elijah looked quite happy talking with the elder, but his smile seemed a bit crooked, so this just made the fears of the new butlers and maids bigger.

"Haha, young master, you praise me more than I deserve, I'm just doing my duty as your butler. Well, then if you excuse me" - Then the man named Hans went towards the kitchen.

A few minutes after that, Hans and some maids returned with plates in their hands. When the plates were placed in the table, Elijah finally enjoyed some good food. After eating, he decided to return to his room, but just when he was almost out of the dinning hall, he suddenly felt a chill deep in his spine. There was a woman who was waiting for him in the hall, the woman's name was Melra winchester, his stepmother:

"..." - Elijah stared at the woman and said nothing, then he continued walking. The woman didn't say nothing till she saw the bottle in his hands.

"Elijah! How many times I said to you that it's inappropriated for the heir of the Montgrands to be drinking everyday!" - She saiyed looking angry and concerned, then she snatched the liquor from his hands.

"..." - Elijah stayed still.

"You want me to tell to your father that you're making trouble!?"

"Sorry Melra, please don't tell my father about this"

"I'm just worried about you, Eli. And it's not Melra, it's mother" - She says pouting a bit.

"Sorry mother, but I feel a bit sleepy now, so if you excuse me" - Then he resumed his walking

"If you feel sick, just tell me, okay?" - She said looking worried

Elijah just thanked her 'worries' and walked to his room

...

'Worried? Wants to be called mother? Hah~ she is so good at lying!' - Elijah thought coldly

'That evil b!tch, if it wasn't because of her, I wouldn't have to act this way, and she dare to act like this'

While Elijah was immersed with angry thoughts, he reached his room.

2