19. Boss
2k 9 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn’t wanted to just leave the expanse especially seeing so many defenseless monsters so I snuggled in the familiar mushroom mother shadow from before.

To my surprise still big enough to hide me… I guess my evolution didn’t really change my size at all.

When I tried to hide I also got the feeling I can hide my presence as well.

So I did.

Anyways whatever happened in my body was finished and I felt great.

It is now time to see my glorious status.

No doubt it is going to be awesome in my mind.

Before I had to kinda focus on the status hard but right now I managed seemingly casually think and whip out the screen.

Status

Name: Felix

Race: Ascended Rat

Level: 1

Fame: 1000

Aspect: None

Class: None

CP: 30

HP: 300

MP: 1111

SP: 0

BM: 0

Skills: Mana sense mastery, Mana control mastery, Omnilingualism, Disease immunity, Poison immunity, Decay immunity, Perfect Bite, Bullet Jump, !?.Status.?!., Avoidance mastery, Endless, Erase presence.

Evolution: Transcendent bones, Perfect tail, Perfect eyes, Perfect ears, Omni whiskers, Perfect nose, Perfect digestion, Transcendent brain, Perfect teeth. Godlike aura.

Okay that’s epic indeed. Half of it makes perfect sense but the rest is just straight up awesome.

I don’t wanna get overconfident but it is too damn hard to stay calm after noticing the insane changes.

Especially to my damn hp and mana.

I also noticed the name of few skills in particular that makes me feel like I am a god.

Sure I know I am not but damn what would you imagine when someone told you he has a skill that’s called endless.

Surely that implies things right??? LOL!!!

Everything is badass. It does seem to have few tradeoffs… in particular I feel like my offensive possibilities got literally locked only into bite move. Maybe I can learn how to use mana offensively but right now I have no idea.

Meanwhile when I keep myself busy admiring my own greatness the life in the expanse starts to restart itself.

Naturally I only had to stop indulging myself into self respect and narcissistic behavior to check what is up.

I was keeping an eye on the entire expanse seeing perfectly well as if my eyes were focused on everything at once…

As the order of falling asleep was perfectly rats, ants, crabs, hornets, bears and the last slime and bear.

The order of waking up was literally the same.

I had to step in when I noticed the rats didn’t attack each other at all and started to try to kill and consume every other species that were asleep around them.

I guess they thought it’s a buffet for them or something haha.

I chased them off. Oddly enough it worked exactly as I imagined I just ran at them gestured a bit with my nose and tail and they went away.

I then repeated that with every single type of monsters.

They all listened.

I don’t care what they do from now on, clearly slapped into reality by disappearance of the mana sources, but I will not let them murder everyone who was put to sleep because of me.

It’s a fair game to do whatever once they are away from here you greedy bastards.

The slime went casually to chew on the vegetation around and the last bear that I didn’t bother to chase away just looked around saw the single slime doin its business and went away into the tunnels.

Only the hornets kinda stayed around because they had huge lair on top of the ceiling. That I never managed to spot before, they knew I am still lurking around as they watched me from up top.

Didn’t dare to step in single time. They may be insects and probably very dumb but they realized they are clearly outmatched so they just lurked in the cave sky.

Oddly I am not hungry at all.

I guess I don’t need to eat in a while.

Works for me for some reason I just cannot bring myself to hurt anything on this floor anymore.

It is complicated feeling, really but I think, because they are just too damn weak and my hearth couldn’t stomach this sort of insanely outmatched bullying. I was always a kind guy, admittedly sometimes a dick but I wasn’t perfect.
It wouldn’t sit well with me to annihilate everything in my path regardless of whatever.

That’s just not my style.

Alright I have managed to restore the natural behavior of the monsters… I feel kinda happy to see this and after a little bit of stalking the expanse while completely erasing my presence, slowly but surely the monsters could be seen there and there.

Mostly trying to hunt I guess but that’s beside the point it seemed a bit more realistic to what I would assume are the wild nature of theirs.

They seem like regular animals to me. Maybe a bit more hungry and deadly and a bit more massive but that’s all subjective. The mentality is there.

Jesus what if the second floor is completely the same… I wouldn’t be comfortable to eat at all then.

I am not hungry right now but that’s only a matter of time.

Despite all the fancy senses and the overwhelming upgrades I have no doubts that I still didn’t achieve anything to offset my soon to be there natural appetite.

Actually the more I think about it the more I swear I feel like the monsters are snacks.

Oof talk about change of heart…

Anyways I highly doubt I would get anything out of them anyways.

Lets cross the bridges when we come to them.

Right now… only descending down to second floor makes sense to me.

And so I will.

59