20. Aftermath
1.9k 20 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were two men from the dungeon association, probably higher ups, currently watching me on my chair and interrogating me very thoroughly. The man leading the interrogation was getting on my nerves in particular by repeating some questions and very doubting my answers.

As if I could lie in the presence of the truth gem.

¨Are you really certain that’s what happened exactly? Couldn’t those memories be hallucinations when you fought off the spider yourself?¨

Typically no one would doubt my sanity and it pissed me off, but seeing as they made sure that I survive and the look in his face tells me he really want to believe me but wish he doesn’t have to…

¨We can give you all the time you need to properly go through your memories and can assist you with few runes or mages even.¨ The second silent man I didn’t knew spoke softly.

I really hate the dungeon association, they think they know everything but when it comes to it they are just bunch of clowns.

¨Yes, I am very positive what happened is not my hallucination or any sort of dream¨

If they could kindly just let me go, that would be great. As if it wasn’t enough they sealed the dungeon for use until proper investigation is done. How is a grown woman, that know only how to fight supposed to make a living around there… they even confiscated all of my earnings in reparation for taking care of me and to my surprise, also promised to give me out the permanent permit.

At least they are fair in that regard or maybe they just think I can make even more money in future for them…  urgh.. dealing with these snobs is pissing me off. Really.

¨Can I go now? I already told you everything and honestly I don’t think you even believe me, so it doesn’t matter what I tell you anymore.¨

¨DO YOU…. Even understand what is it that you told us??¨ The pause was too big to be comfortable for me, but he continued just before I could say anything. Now a bit more calm.

¨Ellie Rose. I understand your predicament, I really do. We did a background check on you and it is only logical, that you would grow to hate us. From YOUR point of view we are probably the big bad corrupted politicians or money hungry snobs that just want everything controlled for artificial reasons and to ensure we don’t get any competition.¨

Another pause this time a bit more swift but I wasn’t about to interject anyways. The man was silent the entire time only to tell me I can get help to remember but now he just exploded.

¨To some degree you are right¨ I could’ve sworn the man next to him was about to say something but the silent man just put a hand on his arm and continued.

¨But everything has a reason and this is no different. The rat killing spider is mathematically impossible. The problem is however that we don’t care about that at all. That’s NOT the issue here. The issue is that you are alive.¨

I swear to god I was never so pissed before. Did he just literally admitted to my face I should’ve died?

WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!!!! It took me a lot of self control to not punch him in the throat, I still slapped him.

The man was a bit taken back by my strength but was really calm about it and ensured the other one everything is fine.

¨You will hang for this!!¨

¨No! It is fine really Jack!¨

Glad that the one I slapped actually has some conscience and didn’t let the other snob who didn’t even get slapped let his way with me. Why would he care that much I slapped him anyways? I know they are almost nobility but not quite… why does he act like that?

¨Jack.. Really!! I don’t mind.¨

It even took him a bit effort to calm him down. This is making me uncomfortable did I just slap some big shot that might’ve cost me my life?

God give me some break that wouldn’t be funny.

¨Look. I should’ve explained it in a way more obvious.¨

The tone he said that implied heavily I am not smart enough for this… does he really want to get slapped again that much??

¨And before you take it the wrong way AGAIN. Let me warn you despite my looks I am not that forgiving and patient as you think. So would you kindly just let me explain in detail and only answer or react when asked this time?¨

Eh. Sure I can promise that but who does he think he is really. I hate those people.

¨Sure go ahead. I am calm¨

He took a brief moment to collect his thoughts and continued.

¨Alright, so the issue… it is not that we would want you to die, but that you should’ve and didn’t.¨

Again with this, do I deserve this treatment after surviving against all odds? This isn’t fair. But sure continue mister silent and mysterious.

¨Let me explain it this way. Very practical. Why is it that you kill monsters??¨

I guess he wanted me to react so I did.

¨Eh to raise my levels and grind out skills?¨

¨No!! I was asking why is it that you kill monsters??¨

Is he joking or something? Fine… I will just repeat myself if that’s what they so much want.

¨To raise my levels and grind out skills, also to make some money and if possible potentially unlock rare classes¨

I could’ve seen he is so smug about this whole situation but who cares.

¨My question was why is it that you kill monsters… not what you get from it.¨

Eh.. what does he mean It is only natural that we kill monsters… they are threat to us and are insanely aggressive towards us and also everyone knows they are nearly impossible to deal with it if left alone for too long…. Oh… ooooh… okay.

After the sudden realization that killing monsters is perfectly natural for us there comes the second part that it is also perfectly natural for the monsters to kill us… I see.

¨Because it is natural for us to kill monsters¨

That smug of his is annoying but I admit he is right.

¨Exactly. So the issue isn’t exactly you didn’t get killed, in fact I am glad you survived¨ He smiled at me gently… don’t do that you are too nice for me to not get absorbed into those perfectly amazing beautiful blue eyes…

¨The issue is that there is a monster that not only doesn’t care about bait zones so probably very intelligent, but also is completely void of any natural instincts and thus very unpredictable. Even the spiders that literally feel emotions of the unfortunate victims are not ever listed in the history of Stonehenge to ever let a human live¨

When he finished the sentence a young man most likely messenger barged in the room.

¨Sir, sir Bent…¨ He had trouble speaking super tired and heavy breathing but still determinate to relay his message with utmost speed.

¨Sir Bent Alphonse Ray, I have come to inform you that the mages just detected bait zones completely disappearing in the dungeon first floor. Your presence is wanted at the dungeon gate.¨ He briefly paused looking at me.

¨They also told me to mention it would be wise to take Ellie Rose with you as it is very likely connected to the irregular activity in the dungeon that occurred recently¨

Very proud that he managed to convey his message properly he went away. I didn’t share his feelings. Why would they want me!! I have nothing to do with this. Unless…

Stupid RAT!!!

What did you do THIS TIME??

I smiled. Maybe I get to see the rat again.

Cannot wait.

Do you like the different pov or not? Let me know
  • Yes. Votes: 147 81.2%
  • No. Votes: 34 18.8%
Total voters: 181
50