21. Second Floor
1.8k 5 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am on my way to the second floor.

Decided that the best entrance to use would be the one close to my evolution zones.

It feels as fate to use that entrance because I have been the most around it.

I wonder what is going to be there… is it going to be completely different? Maybe just more leveled same monsters? Cannot wait to find out.

On a side note. I think erase presence is completely overpowered. I have tested various situation that was possible in the short time on my way to the entrance and only when I literally bumped into someone did they have any clue I was there… literally standing few centimeters away from a bear and he didn’t had any clue I was there. It also seems like it doesn’t take any mana or tire me at all.

Well that’s some next level hiding skill.

It is very nice to have this sort of safety. I would like to test it out if I can do it while I sleep. Would be extremely useful.

But the problem is when I am asleep I have no way of testing it out by myself.

It would require someone or something that could also communicate with me… yeap, not happening any time soon.

The entrance was right before me.

What is weird is that the floor entrance completely cuts off every possible sense scouting. Why did I never noticed before? Not sure why or how but I don’t smell, hear and my whiskers don’t pick up anything from the tunnel entrance.

Well I can at least see inside, which is something. Not that there would be anything to see. It is just a boring tunnel.

Brief moments of prepping myself mentally. I cannot afford to feel overconfident somewhere I have never been. This is a world where common sense probably isn’t common at all.

At least not the common sense I have. I highly doubt some videogames comes even close to what I can experience in this world.

Lets go.

I stepped forward past the imaginary border of the two floors.

Immediately afterwards all of my senses were restarted. I could’ve feel slight concentration of mana in the air there which felt awesome for whatever reason and also heard some noise.

Pretty sure I know what the noise was, as it was disturbingly similar to the sounds the spiders were making.

My brain already hard on the making of a new layout map. Going through the still just casually straight leading tunnel entrance.

About thirty seconds later I have been greeted by sight I wish I would never see.

This floor is seriously insane. It doesn’t feel different from the first floor much so far, but holy shit the decoration is insane.

I didn’t dare to step into what would probably mean the second floor yet.

Brainstorming if I ever will. Eh? Maybe staying in my first comfy floor can be a good idea. No need to force myself into this disgusting place.

Yea. I wanna pussy out for the first time of my life. It would need at least Jimmy to tell me do it pussy because this is impossible to do in any normal state of mind.

So at the end of the tunnel entrance lies second floor. On the first look very similar to the first but very shortly absolutely different.

It would seem that spiders literally dominate this floor entirely. How would I know from literally standing at the beginning? I wish I didn’t.

The entire floor is entwined with spider webs. It feels like a lair completely made by them. I know they just are on top of the regular cave but it is so overwhelmingly precisely layered that it almost feel like only spider webs are there.

Also I know entire time that there is one spider waiting right at the top of the entrance. From my whiskers.

The bastards are all invisible? That’s op. Well I shouldn’t complain when I can literally erase my entire presence and move. He has no idea I am there at all.

Still doesn’t change the fact I have no doubts they made this entire floor coated in spider web exactly because there might be someone who can hide this well.

Very smart. I am pretty positive that when I touch any of these webs they’ll just know I am there.

How many of those bastards are there? Like no way one spider did all this and dominated entire floor by himself. I don’t believe that. Maybe there is a boss on this floor leading them or something? What would they eat? Each other?

This is kinda weird. I didn’t expect any floor to be like this. Maybe the second floor is different for some reason. Well but all the worries can wait. I need to figure out how to proceed.

You know what? I will just go.

It might be slightly insane but the spider closest is probably going to be super confused as he would not get to see me and just feel the webs sending him vibrations. Lets see how he acts.

I casually walked through the entrance into the web ground and walked at normal pace.

And he literally immediately reacted.

He was confused but only for like a second. He jumped down and used his legs to feel me out. At first I was so sure that I have to fight and utterly destroy this thing. But to my surprise he felt me out with his legs and decided to just chill out and got back to his surprise position for anyone going to this floor on top of the ceiling.

Okay… that was extremely odd.

My second time interacting with a spider. Well third if I count the running from the other spider that were in the first floor but what is odd is that I have no idea what is happening.

Why would he clearly knowing I am there and no doubt when he was touching me he knew my body shape so he should know I am a rat, just decided to not care? Don’t tell me? There is no way that he is a? No? Is he a vegan?

Cannot help it but laugh on the absurd notion that there could be a vegetarian spider.

This needs more research. I have no idea and it pisses me off.

With that in mind.

I have completely stopped erasing my presence.

Lets see how he reacts now.

54