24. Third Floor
1.8k 8 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alright no time to waste.

After witnessing this gigantic spider mother literally disappearing into nothingness I realized how much of what she said could probably be true. While I still don’t think I would be such an easy target that she had me for, there is no denying she wasn’t an ordinary spider. Especially her core…

I don’t think just biting her neck strategy would be successful this time…

Also how the hell does this lair sustain itself? Probably abusing the spawn points when I think about it. Otherwise they would have to kill each other if the webs blocked it. I am curious but I don’t wanna piss off the Candace by snooping around there too much.

Anyway these spiders still look way to weak for me to handle murdering, mentally. Like they literally ran the second they saw or felt me. I don’t know if purely because of me or if by command.

Curiously enough I also don’t really know why I can understand her. Is it some invisible benefit to being ascendant? Regardless it really touched me. I would never imagine being unable to communicate with anyone would be so depressing. Never really needed it that much when I was a human but I guess I had Jimmy and that was enough.

Going past the tunnel she pointed her leg at the end of our conversation. I mean she probably picked one of the tunnels she unblocked on random but who cares. And out of curiosity I checked other tunnels. They were all still blocked. Oh? Looks like she doesn’t really trust me that much. Maybe just cautious. I can respect that.

After I passed the expanse and then the tunnel I was right at the entrance to the third floor. Yet again the same cut of sense scouting phenomenon was there. Fortunately still could at least see into the tunnel and I could already tell its going to be very different in floor three.

I can tell because I already see a bit of hot air. Like the weird flickering that you can see in summer in distance. Haha. Lovely, I get to go to sauna for free. Haha.

Surely it is going to be all pleasant right… no need to risk my life at relaxing place. Surely.

Well I just decided to walk in. The temperature changed immediately after crossing the floor border again. I was just in the tunnels leading there and I already knew there is going to be very hot environment.

My whiskers picked up on the temperature as well. I can sort of tell how much degree is there. That’s lovely. I got my own personal thermometer currently showing sixty Celsius. A bit more than I remember being pleasant in saunas but it will have to do I guess. Not being picky it is for free anyways.

Really I don’t know how much heat I can take. Right now it is comfortable without any issue so whenever it gets dangerous I will know. Still I will be extremely cautious in this floor. I even have fur. Probably very flammable.

I hear a lot of weird sounds that I never heard before. Well at least I will see something new and my nose is currently picking up on few entities that I am able to smell but know something is different about them. I think they are on fire.

No use of just standing in the tunnel. Lets go.

Another ten seconds and then I saw lovely floor three. There was a fire elemental very close by to the entrance. I think he just spawned.

I completely forgot to activate my erase presence btw so I think he saw me coming already from the second I introduced myself to the floor entrance tunnel.

At least I can sort of decide how will most monsters on this floor react to me.

Nice… that’s nice of you my friend. I totally wanted to be like you. Like when I daydream I should probably pick a safer spot than standing in front of a fire ely. Sure it was thirty meters away but I guess he just used mana and I was too busy thinking about crap to even realize it.

I am currently on fire. Nine hundred Celsius btw… thanks whiskers… totally important information right now… one thousand three hundred Celsius…

Jeez I am really weird. Fortunately it is not as bad as I would assume it would be before it happened. I think trying to put of the flames would be waste of time so instead I jumped at the fire elemental.

What the fuck. That was awesome.

When I jumped I could’ve sworn time slowed down and I was piercing through the air like actual bullet this time at least ten times faster than the last jump I remember feeling similar. Was it at the barrier of doom? Regardless, It was a very fast jump.

When I reached the fire elemental he didn’t even reacted in time or moved or anything I slammed into him with my body head first. I wanted to bite him as many times as possible but to my surprise I just pierced him and he dissipated.

Okay THAT was a bullet jump. Fuck yea!!!

¨Squeak, Squeak, squeak¨

Eh… maybe I should. Yee.. killing the elemental didn’t really put of the fire so I just rolled on the ground few times before I stopped raging on fire.

The only thing that I noticed this time is that I am weirdly endurant to either pain or fire or both.

Like I would probably be paralyzed with pain in the past if anything like this happened. Hm… that’s also awesome. I really should try out my abilities in earnest when I am there.

I don’t even know why I jumped this fast.

I just casually tried to bullet jump into a wall and slammed myself right into it with such force I blacked out for a sec. Whoa.

What the fuck. That was even better than the jump I did on the fire ely.

Like I cannot even properly control my body anymore again.

Fairly sure I didn’t use any mana either. So that’s just regular jump.

Eh? Seeing as It took me about three minutes to get unstuck from the wall and almost knocked myself out by it as well I should probably not test a mana enhanced bullet jump on walls.

Dungeon would thank me for it surely also if he could, but mostly my brain.

Time to finally train and get used to my new ascendant abilities.

Also my goal on this floor will be to know what every single one of my skills are. I will research it thoroughly.

One thousand one hundred Celsius….

Are. You. Squeakin. Squeaking. Sque?

I am on fire.

52