27. Farming
1.6k 17 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aye.

So puzzled by the results of my status screen got me thinking pretty hard.

I think it might be a good idea to care about the obvious slight poking from the system.

It did it already few times and I know the longer I ignore that the more obvious it gets.
The issue is I have no idea how to do anything about it.

Like what exactly do you want from me? I know I don’t have a class yet and usually you have to do something to get it or chose it at least. It is not like I can interact with my status screen so I know it wouldn’t be that easy to just pick it right away.

Maybe I could get answers out of Candace or somehow even from humans.

Honestly, not sure about it but I think monsters usually don’t have a class at all. I didn’t have it before last evolution.

Even Candace might not be really helpful. It might be one of the extras the ascending brings.

Well for me anyways.

Cannot be completely certain but fairly decently likely, that I am the only monster with the possibility to even get a class at all.

Okay system I swear I will try to get my class as fast as possible. Pinky swear. Please don’t make fun of me before then.

Also I almost forgot the other thing!!!

Like what does primordial aspect mean??

I don’t feel any different.

I don’t have any new skills either so that’s very interesting.

I wish someone would answer my damn questions seriously!!!

Not likely that some convenient way of answering my questions just show up or that I manage to brainstorm so hard that I get it out of nowhere.

Lets not care about this. I will know about it eventually. I am wasting time just by doing nothing else than trying to figure out things without any information except few bits.

I don’t think I am that smart, it also feels like important piece of info is missing every time I find out about something interesting.

Screw it. It is time I get seriously trying to grow stronger. The casual Tony is no more. Eh? I meant Felix obviously.

I think I might be genius after all.

I know this floor has quite a bit of different monsters and some of them pretty big as well. Because I finally tried to properly scout with my senses… I can hear, smell and somewhat decently feel them as well, but I don’t want to just waste this gold mine I already found about.

I also had to test out something I thought.

Actually had a lot of ideas but some are a bit more crazy, so I will wait with them for when I am a bit more confident in my mana manipulation ability.

Anyways I have traveled a bit around and was always pretty close by to entrance from the floor two.

Not that I would be scared that much but I think these few spawn points around the entrance are spawning exclusively fire elementals.

It got confirmed quite fast. I was just scouting that with sensing the mana flow.

Don’t get distracted by that huge source… it is completely not even possible for that to get close there. It is also too big for that.

As I masterfully ignored the whatever presence of probably boss and few of other relatively strong mana sources I confirmed that the three spawn points closest to the entrance are spawning only fire elementals.

Also all of them pretty much go in the distance towards the mana sources that are so damn similar to the floor one. Like I know its not the same source but it is so freaking close. I guess that fusing only happens very rarely. Which sucks because that’s exactly what I am aiming for.

I don’t know how but there is definitely a way… eh maybe.. just maybe? I am a genius but damn sometimes it doesn’t feel that way.

I should’ve already known that the fire elementals actually all got sort of out of it when they felt me. Also they all approached me willingly.

SO it should be super easy to lure them towards me.

I just undo erase presence.

Sure enough the second I do that the fire elementals don’t care about anything else than me.

Nice… I don’t know what is making them suicidal like that but sure I take it. I just ran past one of these who were closest and positioned myself right in the middle of the three spawn points.

The first one I passed already set me on fire, not that I care much.

After few minutes, about two if I had to guess. They were all coming towards me. The second I saw first elemental he put me on fire again.

Dude seriously I just put myself off fire before you got there. Why are you so fixated on this. I don’t even take any damage.

Then the second one was visible but he also didn’t really up the damage taken. He added his fire but they were the same quality and I still took none damage. I don’t need to wait for the third one for now but he is close anyways so he is most likely going to butt in any time soon.

The fire elementals are completely brain dead or whatever… they are only trying to kill me with setting me on fire. They don’t attack each other either. That was to be expected but I almost wanted to bet they would fuse immediately. Well I was wrong. They don’t seem they want to.

I know because I gave them quite a bit of time already. Even the third elemental was already there.

Also I could feel the new elementals forming in the spawn points  already, its just very convenient that the spawn points work so honestly.

Nice. It doesn’t even take that long and another batch of three experience bags are forming only to get lured to me. Cannot wait.

First let me do something about these brain dead poor elementals.

I focused hard and made a link of mana between them from the mana they are made of. Originally my plan was just to consume the fused elemental out of two because I knew how strong they are but wanted to try out the experience gain. Well there is third one also… cannot hurt to add one little fiery boy right?

Surely smart and very safe idea. Well just you wait dungeon for the time when I am so cocky I will actually try out some of the crazier ideas I had. HAHAHAHAH!! Cannot wait.

Well back to the third linked elemental. They fought it so hard because they probably thought I was already about to consume them.

I guess it cannot feel good to have part of your body basically torn away and linked with someone else.

But after they were all linked they were a bit more content with the result. I think to some degree it was a power boost already for them.

Even the measly weak fire they all put me on got fair bit stronger. Still not nearly close to four thousand degree losers… hah.

Well again… I expected them to be sort of naturally fusing. Wrong. They don’t want to. Don’t know why, don’t care. Already seen the process so it cannot be that hard.

I focused hard again mana into my brain and all that. And started fusing them myself. It was a bit harder to get used to especially because of the third addition but I managed to success on my first try. It took about ten seconds. I guess I am slower than the natural one or maybe the addition is just giving it extra time.

Anyways. God I am glad these bastards decided to put me on fire from such distance before I started to fuse them. There is this monstrously big fire elemental. That would be all fine but damn he was packing a lot of damn heat. I was about fifty meters from it give or take and my whiskers already picked about four thousand degree. Damn. That’s like a lot. I also started taking a bit of damage.

If only that was all. The bastard got smarter or something. He was coming closer to me and started to masterfully make the spell I saw the first fused elemental attempt only to implode.

Holy shit I didn’t even have any time to intervene and there was already huge shockwave coming my way. I have no doubts it is going to hurt if I get hit.

To my surprise somehow I knew exactly what to do. Like I knew exactly what to do… what? That’s insane. Well I jumped into it with my mana enhanced bullet jump. Pretty sure the info was very similar feeling when I still had dodge so the avoidance should be a culprit there.

Anyways when I did the bullet jump with my mana.

The result was astonishing. I was about hundred meter away from the fire elemental on the opposite side.

So I jumped literally straight through his shockwave and then straight through him and I didn’t even see it. It was so fast. I think I just teleported. But somehow was also sure I hit the elemental. So it was just that fast.

The elemental didn’t really care. It was probably very small injury for it. I guess having no physical body has some advantage. I know he got hurt a bit but I cannot even imagine anyone surviving what I just did. At least not monsters I saw for now.

The distance was quite big for now. So I felt nice to not take damage.

Okay. I think I consumed quite a bit of mana for the jump but it was worth it. I took no damage. I am happy.

The elemental already put together another blast but this time I anticipated and intervened just in the right moment for it to also get out of control. It didn’t implode it just fizzled. Sure I will take that, works for me.

Anyways the fire elemental kinda understood he cannot kill me with magic blasts purely but he still tried something I didn’t saw yet. There was a huge circle forming right underneath me. Obviously I wasn’t stupid enough to stay inside. I got about one second but was enough to just bullet jump to safety from it.

It was a huge pillar of fire coming from there. The heat was so intense I think I am nearly dead. It hurt like hell for a second and then I was fine. Still I am nearly dead.

Well I think without endless I was dead already or at least unable to fight.

Thank you my absolutely lovely skill. I still don’t know entirely how you work but still love ya.

Very pissed I started to bombard the elemental with my own mana.

He took quite a bit of damage but mostly I aimed for restricting his own spell forming. Which I succeeded with. I also formed the tether between us and was about to freaking consume him.

I wanted to know how much I can get out of fused elementals anyways.

You clearly fit into that criteria bastard… isn’t that right ?

That elemental knows how to put a fight. He was actually raging on fire even a bit more but I was far enough for it to not pass the four thousand mark.

Haha, you are so done.

He is fighting so hard. But he still cannot move or cast or anything. The fact he managed to pick up a bit more heat is impressive but he is done.

It took about forty seconds before I finally had the clear supremacy. And slowly but surely I started consuming him.

Man I love being a monster. My burns being nicely regenerated and the feeling of intense high from winning is just such lovely thing.

Literally when I started consuming him I was already fully healed and to my surprise I felt my own mana reserves being quickly replenished. Well it does make sense so that’s nice. Few seconds passed I was sure my mana is full. Still the consuming of the bastard was a long process. I think about one third was left.

Holy shit. What is this?

Whoa.

At the end of the process I was sure I was both full health and full mana. I thought maybe I can get a bit more experience or something from consuming excess mana but what I got was biomass. I knew because it felt like before when I actually ate. So I guess the excess mana from the elemental was made into biomass.

Also at the literal end I felt intense explosion of experience in my chest. It felt almost the same way how it was before only that this time it got gradually better. Like nothing was blocking the experience gain so I got huge amount of levels. I wanted to know but honestly that can wait. I can check my results any time I wish but It will only distract me for now.

With that in mind I decided to go for farming session of fusing elementals.

Originally two but I cannot pass the thrill of fighting the mega elemental. I don’t really want to make four of them fuse so I will stick to only three for now.

I setup the place where they meet me. Made a bit of tunnels so they can go straight towards me. Didn’t really that that long for me. Also while I was preparing I just turned my erase presence on so I can do it in peace.

I was done shortly. About ten minutes of making tunnels there and there.

It was set.

I undo my erase presence and the elementals are coming straight towards me.

Let the grind begin. Farewell weak low level Felix.

Welcome strong high level Felix.

45