44. Hope
960 21 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To my surprise the dude is alive? What the actual fuck? He is trying to stand up and go fight me again and nobody is stopping him? The support chick as I labeled her started casting magic on him but I have ripped it every time she attempted.

Meanwhile about fifty throwing knifes were flying towards me with great speed. Damn… I can also feel the redhead chick trying to assemble some complicated magic… would be a shame if I were to add some little thing there. Boom… yeap thought so. Still the knives are about to hit me. Actually most of them are. I can also see both of the fighters rushing at me with great speed.

How the fuck is the guy with almost all his guts completely rekt still alive and trying to kill me? He even feels way stronger than before… the leader guy is like a joke compared to him. Oh well. I think I will just use bullet jump before I get hit with the knives. My skill is hinting at that being most appropriate as well.

Might as well finish the immortal guy while I am at it.

I have decided to use my mana enhanced bullet jump through the already almost dead guy. I am kinda scared of him as well. He is scary.

This time I could actually tell and follow what is happening in the jump with my eyes… the jump is insanely fast and I have pierced the guy nearly instantly, dodging all the knives and positioning myself away from the two fighters while also most likely finishing off the crazy immortal guy. I have also positioned myself basically almost on top of the back line. They are still out due to the explosion the redhead chick did. Shame. Well I can feel them still breathing… they are just asleep.

Well next time maybe spread out a little bit more. I get it that you want to have it easy protect them but this is very vulnerable for aoe attacks to hit them. I mean I guess they didn’t expect their own magic blowing up in their faces so I guess…

Anyways I still have one more guy to deal with. I can tell from his looks and the facial expression he is not about to have it. There is no room for us to peacefully settle this. I cannot even see the immortal guy anymore. Well I can see his parts being around. Kinda disgusting.

I am sorry John. I really tried to be reasonable with you guys. For this I promise you I wouldn’t kill the rest of the party if I don’t have to. As a leader of the party I understand that even if that guy wasn’t your friend you would want to avenge him and you clearly showed me hateful stance about monsters as well. We have to fight until the death.

I can feel him powering up some of his attack. I don’t really know what that will do but after he did it… well lets just say I don’t feel anything weird about myself. I am sure he did something that was supposed to affect me… maybe a taunt or so and it just didn’t. Sorry bro… not going happen whatever that was. My turn I guess.

He wasn’t really afk or anything either. He was ready. He knew what is coming.

But I am not a stupid monster brother. I don’t even know if you can do anything to me in the bullet jump and I would assume not… but why risk that?

I faked that I am doing the bullet jump but instead hit him with my full extended tail. My tail is insanely long and because I positioned myself slightly towards him with a fake bullet jump I have the range for it.

I have smashed him and I am glad I did with my tail. Whatever happened… I got damaged quite a lot. I didn’t really hold back with that attack at all and I am nearly sure I got the damage he was supposed to take. I think I did about ten thousand damage to myself.

I am sure he has some sort of reflect damage skill. That was surely it. I might’ve died if I did my bullet jump. Well or at least take way more damage.

I doubt I can deal more than million damage with single mana bullet jump… it feels like cheating but it is very convenient right now.

I also feel like the damage I took was even amplified. Not sure about that one though but it felt a bit stronger than the force I outputted in my tail.

He is also not really letting me take a breather and figure out his ability. He charged at me with great speed. I don’t really know how it works but I will have to kill him by thousand cuts. I cannot afford him bouncing a big attack on me. Who knows how it works. Maybe he can even one shot me if he properly bounce back a kill damage on himself. I know it is very unlikely but I have to assume there is a possibility there. That friend of his was surely to be soon dead and he was able to move even better than before. I am sure that healer would save him if I didn’t interrupt her. Who knows what tricks this guy hold.

So this is how it feels to fight a tank huh? I am glad most of his group was dealt with already. Would of have been really scary to fight them as they are used to cooperate.

Not my problem though. I have tried my best to talk it out with them. They picked up the fight with me even despite clearly knowing I am not a regular monster. Fuck I don’t want to do this but I have to.

I was thinking about what to do to speed this up. Well no ideas. I am complete newb when it comes to magic and I don’t want to just waste mana now that I know it is my hp as well. I will just fight with my body.

He has been at me for the time of my inner thoughts going on. Not that my thoughts would be slow but he is decently fast. I can move really well regardless of how much of brain I actually use to move my body. I can mostly dodge his attacks and some of them graze me there and there. It actually feels really bad to fight close range with this body. He is keeping moving to my sides and without a tail I think I would be getting pretty rekt already by now. I usually just manage to land my hits with a tail. Or dodge when he constantly attacks my sides.

I think it is time to surprise him once again. I know I decided to not really waste mana but this is probably a good usage of it. I have sped up my body to circle him and bite his back. Then I have also coiled my tail around him and kept biting him over and over with my teeth with each bite I can feel the damage bouncing back and I can tell that it doesn’t feel good at all and meanwhile crushing him with my tail isn’t exactly helpful either for my hp... cheater.

I can tell the reason why he is still alive is the constant bounce back of the damage and his armor.

That’s some impressive armor… I think it reduces a lot of the damage I am doing right now.

I just feel the damage bouncing back on me… it also feels like he is taking no damage at all over all. I think he is bouncing my damage perfectly. Holy shit? Is it actually a passive effect?

How long? I cannot afford to take forever. His guys will wake up eventually… oh well no use In holding back then.

I think the reason why he is not taking any damage is because of his armor. So I have to not hold back. No matter how much damage he can bounce back… like this I would just slowly kill myself. I am forced to fight for my live in this circumstance when I tried to be nice… this isn’t fair. URGH… here goes nothing!!!

I stopped holding back and put all my strength into the attacks.

I have pierced his armor like a butter and bite off his arm. I felt like my body is screaming at me not to do it and I knew I just took a huge chunk of damage. I also started completely crushing him with my tail while positioning the next bite on his neck. This will end it. Constant damage streaming back on me… it felt horrible. I just knew I have to do it regardless. You bastard. This is such a scummy way how to fight. With a healer this would be nearly impossible for anyone to kill. I suddenly get all the hate Candace had in her and why even mermaids hated humans.

They are really strong… this is one v one we are talking about… and they usually fight with numbers…

I have bit his head off cleanly.

In that moment… my body screamed with pain for a fraction of second. Only to be completely fine afterwards. I was full ready to take insane damage but I guess he cannot bounce it back when he is dead.

I think I took about two hundred thousand damage in this fight overall. That’s insane. Tanks are fucking scary… without my mana reserves I was dead.

I still feel a bit weird knowing all the pain happening to me and I was completely unaffected by it… god knows what would happen if I wasn’t protected by my skills. I don’t think I would be able to keep biting over and over while knowing I am doing damage to myself normally…

I could also feel the monsters finally waking up. WAS ABOUT DAMN TIME JEEZ!!!

I have chased them off as well. They understood me. I also realized that I am able to get their intention to me despite not talking and they understand me too. I guess my skill at work. But I know for a fact they are not smart enough to hold a conversation or even understand one. Including the monkeys…

While I chased off the entire herd of my followers to go about their business I had made my way towards the leftovers of the human party… I am damn happy nobody else butted in as well.

They are currently still soundly asleep only the rogue guy seemed to wake up. I also know the rogue guy is somewhat faking that he is asleep. Getting ready to surprise attack me.

¨Stop. I don’t know your name but please listen to me… I know it is hard to believe me but I have protected you from the monsters that woke up before you guys did! I never wanted to fight in the first place¨

I am sure he is listening despite all that happened. Maybe even scared.

¨You know what? Just go home… I would appreciate if you wouldn’t speak about what happened there but I understand if you have to¨

I don’t think even if he promised me to not talk about this that he would really uphold that promise.

¨Warn your people. Tell them that when they see a…¨

Damn how do I fucking look like? I haven’t even bothered to check that out. I know I used to be a freaking black rat and I also noticed my fur changed color to white at some point. But the rest… well I am sure he will describe me quite in detail.

¨Tell them when they see me to either not attack me or try to be friendly with me. I promise you I wouldn’t attack anyone without a reason. Only defend myself. I want you to remember that and get my message across!! Can you promise me that? Please?¨

He actually responded. I am quite surprised.

¨I will make sure to tell them what happened. I will also relay your message. Please just let us live¨

Dude I already did…. Was there really need to bring that up?

¨I just told you I didn’t want to hurt anyone. This was self defense. Please don’t let your feelings get in the way of rational thinking. If I wanted you guys dead I wouldn’t defend you from hundreds of monsters. You wouldn’t wake up. I understand that you might be pissed at me for killing your friends and I am sorry for that. I will even make amends If I ever can do that for you. But I don’t want to die. Really I don’t. Understand that please and go home. Tell the group trying to hunt me down that I will fight back if they really mean it. Tell everyone that there is a monster in the dungeon that wouldn’t attack unless provoked. Tell them that and make sure to mention I can actually speak so we can always negotiate¨

I think I might have told him a bit too many things but he will surely remember that. Oh well.

I have made sure to escort them to the portal. I even helped him carry the mages on my back. He went ballistic at first but understood my intention quickly. It seemed that he is fine with it in the end.

We didn’t speak anymore but I knew he is pissed and sad. Somewhat understandable for me… I would be too. Heck I am quite a bit sad too about the whole situation!!

He took his female friends past the portal. I could see him activate it with some rune. I have no doubts he is going to that city… He passed through and it collapsed.

Time to move on.

I wouldn’t be heartless enough to consume the remains of his friends so I didn’t. I am not hungry anyways. Lets just hope he can make it back fast enough to pick them up before some other monster finds it.

I have hid my presence again somewhat sad… I don’t think I can handle this. I have killed someone. I don’t like this at all. What if this is my life right there? What if I will be forced to defend myself all the time? Even mermaids half monsters completely disgusted by my presence attacked me. This is too much for me to handle. I don’t want this. I don’t want to end up completely alone always fighting for my life. I have promised Candace a helping hand and I will try to somewhat resurrect her as well if possible. But then what? I don’t want to kill anyone anymore… this sucks.

Maybe future is brighter than it seems but right now it doesn’t feel that way at all.

One can always hope.

Floor six… I will go there and sleep to take some new skills.

There is always hope. I don’t want myself to be consumed by despair.

God knows I don’t want that.

I did my best… I want to believe that. I did my best.

Lets hope my best is good enough.

31