Chapter 26
527 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh!? Aren’t you Saito!?”(Bork)

“Hello Mr. Bork.”(Saito)

Mr. Bork who just got here immediately recognized me. Then he asks me.

“So, what exactly is happening here?”(Bork)

“Well, you see-”(Saito)

When I want to explain what’s happening here, suddenly the goon interjects me.

 “Hey, old man!!! It looks like that brat is your acquaintance, but you should be careful since that kid is nothing more but a liar!!! You should quickly throw that brat to jail!!! After all, he actually has enough guts to call aniki a fake, who knows what other lies will come out from his mouth next!!!”(Goon)

The goon said to Mr. Bork with confidence.

“*sigh* Leave your own opinion for later. Anyway, someone just explain to me what exactly is going on.”(Bork)

Then I volunteered to explain everything that happened to Mr. Bork.

“Well, I got the gist of what is happening here. Anyway, moving on, Saito, can you tell me what is the rumor you heard that makes you doubt his identity?”(Bork)

Mr. Bork asked me. Then, obviously I tell him the lie that I’ve already prepared.

“Yes, it’s just that I happened to hear of a rumor about the existence of a fake adventurer’s plate.”(Saito)

“Hoou? Fake adventurer’s plate you say? Can you tell me more?”(Bork)

Surely enough, Mr. Bork got interested with my lie then I continue.

“Yes, just like you know, we can confirm an adventurer is the owner of his adventurer’s plate by having him let out the symbol from the plate right?”(Saito)

“Yeah, of course.”(Bork)

Mr. Bork agreed with what I said, then the Goon interrupts me again.

“What~? Is that it? So in the end, you are just playing with us, huh!?”(Goon)

“I’m not finished.”(Saito)

I immediately admonished the goon since I got a little annoyed with him interrupting every time I talk.

“Here is the problem. According to the rumor that I happened to hear, the fake adventurer’s plate can actually let out the symbol when it is held by a person who is not the owner.”(Saito)

“I see, if that’s so then everyone can let out the symbol and pretend to be an adventurer.”(Bork)

Mr. Bork said to me. From looking at his bland reaction, it is obvious that Mr. Bork still doesn’t understand anything from my explanation, so I continue my explanation again.

“Yes, but no at the same time.”(Saito)

“Huh?”(Bork)

Hey brat!!! Are you playing with us!?(Goon)

Mr. Bork and everyone else become confused from what I was saying.

“What I mean is this. When the fake adventurer’s plate is being held by someone for the first time, it will recognize that person as its owner thus making it only that person can let out the symbol from the plate.”(Saito)

“I see and assuming from what happened here, this fake adventurer’s plate can let anyone become a fake adventurer with any ranks.”(Bork)

“Yes, but that is not all. The most problematic part is that these plates are also connected to the plates on the guild’s side.”(Saito)

“Hm!? Wait!!! So, that means…”(Bork)

‘It looks like he gets it.’

I thought from seeing Mr. Bork’s reactions to what I was saying.

“Yes, since the guild use the plates on their side to organize the adventurer’s information. That means the fake adventurer also has fake proof which are provided by the guild without their knowing. Of course, it’s not like these fake plates are omnipotent. After all, if the person with the fake adventurer’s plate happened to pretend to someone who is an acquaintance to the real adventurer then they will be found out. But, it still doesn’t change the fact that if these fake plates really exists then anyone with these fake plates can easily do criminal things and pinned the blame onto someone else, worse, it will make spies infiltrations much easier.”(Saito)

“I see now, so that is why you don’t think he is the real one. But even so, if the plate is connected to the one on the guild’s side then there is no other way to prove whether he is the real one or not. Though, there is one thing that bothers me.”(Bork)

Mr. Bork said to me with a serious expression while staring at me. I reflexively ask him.

“Is something the matter Mr. Bork?”(Saito)

“It’s just that something is bothering me. You just said that you found out about this matter because you happened to hear people talking about this right?”(Bork)

“Yes?”(Saito)

I answered Mr. Bork’s question while feeling confused because it feels like Mr. Bork is investigating me right now.

“If that’s so then this is weird. After all, if such a rumor is going around then I should’ve also heard it since this kind of rumor is a really problematic rumor for everyone after all. But, not mentioning me, I’m sure even most of the people in this town never even heard any rumors with at least have a little similarity to be able to be connected to the rumor you had heard.”(Bork)

‘…Shit.’

I literally said in my thought in english.

‘I never thought it’ll turn out like this.’

I thought by using rumors as my excuse it will be fine, but who would’ve thought that actually makes me become the suspicious person now.

‘But, since the deed is already one, I guess there is no other way for me but to keep moving forward with my lies.’

“Well, even so I did hear it. Rather than that, I actually have an idea to find out whether that person is the real Brave Knight or not.”(Saito)

In the end, the only thing I can think of is to change the direction of the topics. After that, I immediately continue talking before anyone else talks to make sure the topic won’t go back to the previous one.

“What do you think about having his status checked by the guild by using the crystal ball?”(Saito)

“Checking his status by the crystal ball?”(Bork)

‘Alright, looks like I still managed to divert his attention.’

Mr. Bork asked me confirming what I was saying. As for me, I’m just happy enough because I managed to distract Mr. Bork.

“Yes.”(Saito)

After that, I explained to Mr. Bork the reasoning behind my idea. As for the reasoning, since the crystal ball can check one’s status directly from the person thus the status shown is definitely the real status and cannot be affected by the fake plate at all. Then, I continue talking again to persuade Mr. Bork.

“I think this is worth a try though. After all, in my opinion, this is the most effective method we can do to solve the problem which are happening here right now.”(Saito)

After I said that, I try to look at Mr. Bork to make sure whether he is persuaded by my excuses or not from his expression. Though in the end, just like always, I still don’t know whether he is convinced or not. So, I use my most trusted skill for this.

‘Libra.’

Emotions
----------
Convinced
Doubt

I got a little confused from what I see. Then, suddenly Glorg talks again.

“Hey!!! Why do you guys make this seems like a problem created by me? In the first place, the one who created this problem is that thing over there since she bumped into my woman here.”(Glorg)

“Y-yeah!!! That’s right!!!”(Goon)

“Right! Right!”(Ugly Woman)

The goon and the ugly woman agreed with what Glorg just said. Since I don’t want anyone got distracted because of what Glorg said, I immediately reply to what they’ve said.

“Looks like you still don’t understand, do you?”(Saito)

“Huh?”(Glorg)

Glorg muttered confusedly while looking at me.

“If it is proven that you are not really the Brave Knight then you don’t have anything to protect yourself. After all, what you are doing right now is nothing more than extortion. Also, if you really are not the Brave Knight then you are also guilty for pretending and smearing the name of the hero of this town and you will definitely at least fall into slavery for it. After all, what kind of a noble will let someone who is pretending and smearing the name of the savior who protects his city goes unpunished. If you ask me, that kind of noble is definitely the worst and shameless isn’t that right Mr. Bork?”(Saito)

“Huh? Y-yeah…”(Bork)

I purposefully involved the lord of this town in what I said to threat Glorg. What’s more, I managed to catch Mr. Bork off his guard and confirmed what I said to increase my threat. And by using Libra to check Glorg’s condition, it has confirmed that the threat is working. Then, I quickly talk again to try to increase the pressure.

“I think the appropriate punishment for those crimes are execution after all or maybe lifetime slavery.”(Saito)

Hearing what I said, Glorg become even more nervous. Then, I continue again.

“Though, if the person himself actually confesses, then that person’s punishment might actually be decreased. Well, at least he won’t have to go through what I said before.”(Saito)

Once again, I purposefully said this to provide Glorg a way out and make him believe that is his only option. Then, I quickly ask Mr. Bork again to make sure Glorg won’t have time to think.

“Well, anyway, Mr. Bork, shall we go to the guild with them right now to prove it? After all, the quicker this problem is solved, then the better it is for everyone.”(Saito)

“Hm… Okay, alright, let’s go to the guild then. You guys too, follo-“(Bork)

Just when Mr. Bork want to tell Glorg and his companies to follow us, suddenly Glorg kneels down to the ground doing dogeza and shouts.

“I’M SOOOORRRY!!!!!”(Glorg)

“Hmm!?”(Bork)

“Wha-!?”(Goon)

“Eh!”(Ugly Woman)

Every last person here got surprised and confused from what Glorg is doing except for me.

‘Phew, finally. Though, I guess I’m lucky enough that it actually worked.’

And with that, case closed.

8