Chapter 27
509 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Thank you for your help Saito-san.”(Marina)

Marina-san said to me. Right now, we are on our way to the inn together while I carry Marina-san’s shopping bag as any gentlemen would do. As for what happened, everything was actually resolved quickly and quite anticlimactic.

After Glorg suddenly apologized while on his knees, he immediately told everything after being asked by Mr. Bork. And obviously, as expected of the followers of small fry, the goon and the ugly woman also quickly told everything they knew and told everyone that they are only doing what Glork told them. The ugly woman even told lies like she was being forced by Glork. And thus, causing the infighting between them. Then, Mr. Bork stopped the infighting and took them and will have them punished for what they did. As for Marina-san, since she is only a victim, Mr. Bork just let her go. But as for me, even though Mr. Bork let me go and didn’t ask me anything else, he become more cautious towards me, at least that is what was shown by Libra.

After that, since Marina-san is also going back to the inn after shopping, I invited her to go back together, since I think that is the most appropriate thing to do. And that is how we are in our current situation right now.

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.”(Saito)

I said. After that, we continue walking without talking for a while.

‘This feels awkward.’

I thought. Right now, I can’t think of anything to talk about, what’s more, Marina-san being silent is also not helping at all.

“…”(Saito)

“…”(Marina)

We’ve been walking for a while and we are still being silent towards each other.

‘Uugh…, if it’s like this, let’s just do it.’

I had decided to just ask her the first thing I can think of inside my head to break this awkward atmosphere.

“Marina-san.”(Saito)

“Y-yes?”(Marina)

 Marina-san responded to me while stuttering.

“If it’s okay for me to know, what were you buying?”(Saito)

‘…Wait. Somehow that doesn’t sound right.’

I thought immediately after realizing how weird and felt creepy my question was.

“I was just buying some ingredients since we are a little short on stock.”(Marina)

Marina-san answered me while still smiling.

“I see…. Now that I think about it, is it alright for you to just leave the inn like this?”(Saito)

I asked her since I just remembered that if Marina-san is here, that means Anne is all alone in the inn taking care of the customers.

“It is okay. After all, Anne is actually already capable enough for me to leave everything to her to take care of the inn. Besides, our customers are all nice people since they actually quite understanding. Sometimes, they are even offering to help us with our work for free. So, even if Anne can’t handle the workload she can just ask our customers for help.”(Marina)

“Heeeh~~.”(Saito)

I am surprised after I had heard what Marina-san just said to me.

‘To think that Anne is actually that capable.’

“Fufufu, you must’ve never expected that Anne is actually that capable, don’t you?”(Marina)

“Eh!?”(Saito)

I got surprised because what Marina-san said completely hit the nails. Then, Marina-san continues.

“Fufu, this time you are thinking how I can read your mind.”(Marina)

“Wha-!?”(Saito)

Again, I got surprised by Marina-san.

“Fufu, it completely shows on your face.”(Marina)

Marina-san said to me while smiling teasingly at me. Because of that, I got a little nervous since she looks quite cute.

“I-is that so?”(Saito)

‘Well, when I think about it again, I guess anyone can actually guess it right just from looking at my reactions.’

I thought.

“Yes, after all, if one observes the others closely then there are many things that one can find out about others you know. And, I happen to be quite good at it. Though because of that, it becomes a bit of a habit for me to pull pranks like this sometimes.”(Marina)

Marina-san said to me while making that cute teehee expression which usually the heroines in manga or anime make when they tease the protagonists.

‘Cute.’

I thought from seeing Marina-san’s expression and without realizing it, I am staring at her.

“Hm? What’s wrong, Saito-san?”(Marina)

“Huh?”(Saito)

I answered like a bumbling fool.

“You’ve been staring at me for quite a while. Is there something on my face?”(Marina)

“N-no, it’s nothing like that. Ha-Hahaha.”(Saito)

‘How embarrassing.’

I became a little embarrassed because I completely lost myself looking at Marina-san. Then, a thought suddenly crosses over my mind.

‘Now that I think about it, I wonder what is Marina-san’s three sizes are’

I take a glance on Marina-san though this time, I am more focused on her body. Even though Marina-san is wearing a normal attire which usually worn by village girl, it still can’t hide Marina-san’s nice body and I am sure there is no man who can resist the curiosity of knowing her three sizes. Then, I’ve decided to use Libra on her.

STATUS

Marina

Age: 32 years old
Gender: Female
Race: Human

Job: Knight

Three Sizes:

B:103

W:59

H:90

Affection:67

Abnormal Status: Cursed

Level:98

HP:121/121
MP:22/22
STR:10
VIT:22
DEX:8
AGI:9
INT:13
WIS:9
LUC:15

‘Yep, as expected, nice body.’

I thought. The skill ended up doesn’t just show me Marina-san’s three sizes, but also her status. In her status, I also see something called “Affection”, but while looking at that, I found something else which caught my interests more.

‘Cursed?’

Since I got curious, I try to use Libra to get further information about the curse on Marina-san.

Blood Dragon’s Curse

The curse bestowed to the Brave Knight because by the Blood Dragon it killed. When the Blood Dragon was about to be killed, the Blood Dragon unconsciously use its’ soul as sacrifice to curse the Brave Knight. Thus, this curse is the personification of the Blood Dragon’s hatred and anger towards Brave Knight itself. This curse will gradually weaken its’ victim and render it’s victim incapable of fighting every time its’ victim kills. This curse will also let the Blood Dragon to be resurrected by taking over the body of the victim after a set period of time this curse is activated. Time left until resurrection: 1 Year 3 Months 5 Days.

I was surprised from seeing the information about the curse.

“Saito-san!?”(Marina)

“Eh!?”(Saito)

I flustered because Marina-san suddenly called me with quite a loud voice.

“Are you alright? I’ve been calling you for a few times since you completely didn’t realize that we’ve already reached the inn.”(Marina)

Marina-san asked me with a worried expression.

“A-ah, it’s nothing, it’s just that I was thinking about something.”(Saito)

“I see. …Saito-san, if you have something which troubles you, you can talk to me about it. I can’t really promise you that I will be able to help with your problem, but at least I can hear you out. After all, it is the least I can do for you after you help me.”(Marina)

Marina-san said to me with a gentle smile then she continues.

“Well then, I’ll be going in first okay, since I still have some works to do after all.”(Marina)

“Eh? Ah, yeah.”(Saito)

I replied to her while still feeling startled. Then, after I calm down, I have just realized.

‘Wait, I forgot.’

Because of how surprised I am, I completely forgot to ascertain the truth.

‘If the curse on Marina-san is a curse inflicted on Brave Knight. Then, doesn’t that mean Marina-san is actually Brave Knight?’

I begin to think to ask Marina-san directly, but then I hesitate and begin to ponder whether I should or should not since I will be doing something which might not be needed and might be hated because of it.

‘No, that’s not it, isn’t it?’

When I think about it again, I realized. What I am afraid of is not being hated as a troublesome person because of doing something unneeded, but what I am afraid of is the responsibility that comes with involving myself in this problem. After all, the moment I involve myself, I already shoulder the responsibility to see this through until the very end and accept the result completely. And that is what I am afraid of. I am afraid that I will fail and then I will be hated and if I’m unlucky enough, I won’t just be hated by Marina-san and Anne-san, but also by this world and become all alone again.

‘But still, I want to help Marina-san.’

And thus, I’ve come to a decision to not talk about this with Marina-san for now and focus on getting stronger and prepare myself to deal with the curse.

‘I guess, in this end, I’m still just an incompetent when making a decision, huh?’

I though while mocking myself. Then, I pumped myself up by slapping my cheeks just like what those main characters in sports manga or anime do.

“Alright!!!”(Saito)

‘No point in getting melancholic anyway. For now, let’s start the preparation first. Since it is still evening, it’s time to get some money again.’

Then, I walk into the inn and prepare everything I need to open my healing service.

7