Chapter 29
80 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Damien and Vera walked down the busy street, he caught the faint scent of the girl beside him and took a moment to savor it.

Listen guys, there’s no goddamn way in hell he’d ever admit this to her unless it was to tease the heck out of the kid, but he liked her scent. The girl always smelled like flowers and berries. You could bottle Essence of Vera and make a killing, no doubt.

“You’re so much better than Baz.” He told her suddenly, completely out of the blue.

“Huh?” The girl looked at him strangely.

“I think I’m going to keep you.” He finished, not commenting further, prompting a long stare.

Like seriously. Ever since Vera was assigned to him, she’d been the epitome of an elite maid. Baz certainly never ironed his clothes or made him breakfast. Well, maybe because the other servants took care of that, but still! The boy probably didn’t even know how.

Vera, however, took care of him exceedingly well. She was almost always by his side, too, ready for an order, and would carry it out with ruthless efficiency.

It was also the small things. Like the ironing, for example. With the weather these days being as it is, she’d do it right before he finished breakfast, so that when he wore them they’d be warm.

And his milk was always ice-cold! What’s more, his pancakes. Usually he didn’t like them soggy. But somehow very knew that with boysenberry sauce, it tasted fantastic cooled off! The eggs? Perfectly cooked each time.

He always ate the pancakes first, so she must’ve taken that into account and prepared the dishes seperate so that when he was done with the pancake he’d have piping-hot sunny-side up eggs to scarf down.

Such attention to detail, such intimate knowledge regarding her employers...it was truly a hallmark of a super maid! She could give Sebastian a run for his money. The dude isn’t nearly as cute, either.

Damien walked with a newfound spring in his step as he thought of Vera’s various capabilities. How much had he missed out on all these years?

So this is what it feels like to be Dolly.

He sighed. How enviable!

***

There existed a nearby town that surrounded Baumeister. Most of the buildings were residences for the staff or the students who either opted to rent a place or those who the school had no room for in the dorms.

But it was still a tried and true town, with several businesses dotting the area. There were tailors, restaurants, launderers, and, like the place Damien and Vera were at currently, real estate agents.

It was a nice building with white tiles and bright lighting. Several agents were talking with customers.

They had just gotten done talking to one of their own. The result?

“We have no vacant estates at this time.”

With that, Damien had to consider going to the central city to find a place, but that would be a bit inconvenient for them and any future members of their club. Also Mrs. Everic wouldn’t be able to check in as often. I mean who’d make all that many trips to a place so far away? And that defeated the whole point of this.

The club was not only a way to alleviate his boredom, but he planned to get closer to Mrs. Everic using it as an excuse! The more often they saw each other, the more time he’d have to wear down her defenses.

Part of this was just because she was hot. The headmistress, too. But his goal was mainly to find himself a good wife. He had very few requirements for this position, and Julia and even Mrs. Everic fit his criteria exceedingly well! So what if one of them was married?

In any case, he’d have some fun with them first! And if he deemed them waifu material later on, he’d choose. And it’s not like he was only limited to them. Some of the fourth-years were promising candidates too...

Well, Julia and Mrs. Everic were just among the very few who had caught his interest. Such high-quality women were not found every day.

If he managed to cuck Prof. Everic, that just meant the dude wasn’t good enough to keep her!

In short, Damien is the kind of scum who was willing to do anything for his goals. He had no qualms cucking a guy anymore. As long as the woman is busty, nice and capable of holding a conversation, he did not at all mind tempting her towards sin.

In fact, his newfound fetish even made him regretful. He’d turned down Cory’s mother too hastily! Ah, the mistakes of youth. But no longer! He should make a visit there again some day. Give Cory a little sibling.

Regardless of that, though, yes. Suffice it to say, the existence of this clubroom benefitted him in several ways. Or at least, that was the plan.

If he was forced to rent a place further out, at least one of those plans would be delayed. Obviously he could still make moves on that beautiful teacher of his at school, but their time together was so short! He needed a bit of privacy. Get her to lower her guard a little.

With no prying eyes, she wouldn’t be so against a lingering touch or two.

But...what else could he do? There were no vacancies!

“...Damien?” Someone suddenly called out to him just as they walked towards a nearby cafe to eat.

He turned and found a familiar face staring at him.

“Honey?” He almost didn’t believe his eyes. “What’re you doing here?”

“Me? What about you? ” She asked. “I knew you left as soon as those...weird rumors started up...but I never expected that you’d come here.”

Ah, hell. Those rumors. Right. Fricken Dolly...damn brocon.

“I was always going to be sent here. Those rumors affected Dolly more than me. She got sent to a military school.”

Damien found it funny. He always thought it’d be him.

“Oh. I see. So then you’re attending Baumeister.” She guessed. “I guess we’ll be classmates soon then.” She laughed.

The girl wore casual clothing under a black apron with a nametag. “Really? You transferring in?”

“Uh, yeah.” She tucked a strand of hair behind an ear. She seemed a little nervous. “Ever since that day in the shop, I’d been getting weird stares from the other staff members. I didn’t really feel right staying anymore, so...” She looked away with warmed cheeks.

“So...what? You moved away?” He asked.

“Oh, no, don’t misunderstand.” She waved off his concern. “I was always planning to come here to get a better education. I just came a little bit early. I studied really hard last year to take the exams but I missed it. So I had to wait to take them again. I passed, and well, here I am. ”

“And working, too, I see,” He gestured to her attire.

“Yeah. Part time, but it pays pretty well. Meets my needs, for the most part.” She smiled. “My father’s old friend works at Baumeister so he helped me with everything. From the transfer documents, to a recommendation here at the cafe...I even got to rent a really spacious estate for dirt cheap!”

“That’s great.” Damien said, meaning it. “We just came from a real estate agency ourselves to find a place to rent, but...yeah, no luck there.”

All this while Vera had remained silent at his side. Damien thought it a bit strange but didn’t really comment. She didn’t get along with people well anyway, more often than not.

“Oh. You were looking for something like that?”

Damien nodded. “I’m starting a club but there’s no room at Baumeister so I have to find a place somewhere else. Sadly, there’s no vacancies.”

“I see...” She trailed off. Her entire posture looked hesitant and unsure. “Um, well, like I said...my place is pretty spacious...”

Damien got the hint. “You’d let us use it?” His eyes lit up.

“Oh, yeah, for sure...” She laughed, a bit shakily. “But, uh, it’s just...you see...”

“Hm? What’s wrong? You seem shaken.” It was obvious the girl was scared of something.

“...It’s only...the place is...er, what I mean to say is that I think...or rather, i’m pretty sure that it’s...well, haunted.”

Damien looked at Vera, certain he’d misheard. But he only saw the same confusion in her eyes he knew must be reflected in his.

46

3