Chapter 12
5.6k 20 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That’s one long chain…“ Cory commented as Damien dragged the mud-cvered shackles into the carriage. It was maybe fifteen feet? So there was certainly a lot of slack.

 

“Sorry for the mess.”

 

“Think nothing of it.” The girl waved off his concern. 

 

“Our coachman went to get help. He shouldn’t be far ahead. Could we catch up to him before we head back?”

“Certainly. No one left behind, yes?”

An amenable one, this girl. He liked her.

 

And just like that they left behind the broken down carriage and found their driver just a few minutes up the road. They then drove back to Corianna’s family estate.

 

“I’ll have the servants prepare you and your little entourage some rooms. You should go and wash yourselves in the meantime.I’ll send some dry clothes, don’t worry. Your current garments will be taken care of by morning.” Cory suggested after they returned. Day nodded. He’d been outside in the rain and his boots were filthy. The chain was equally caked.

 

Dolly’s ears picked up. “A bath with Day?” Her eyes sparkled. “...I like it! Day, come on. I’ll show you the way. Cory has an amazing bath, you’ll love it.”

 

He barely had any time to say another word before he was dragged off. 

 

As the two disappeared around a corner Vera and Baz were left with the young Cory. Who was staring listlessly in the direction the brother-sister pair had exited the room from. There were alone, Cory having long since sent the servants nearby to perform the tasks she’d mentioned.

 

“That was a clever idea, tampering with our vehicle like that.  I didn’t even notice you give the order.” Vera’s cool, even voice washed over the girl like a bucket of cold water.

 

Her smile didn’t break. “A servant has no right to comment on this Lady’s behaviour.” Her gaze turned sharp. “Especially not some overgrown weeds like you two.”

 

….Weeds? Baz’s ahoge twitched. Should I kill her? I should kill her, right? 

 

But his sister was not one to need another to fight her battles. The girl took the insult in stride. “I wonder what the plan is now.” She commented. “Sneak into their room, perhaps? I didn’t think you had such heavy tastes but perhaps you’re more of a risk-taker than I gave you credit for.”

Cory’s left eye twitched. Always so insufferable, this girl.

 

But she could only take the jab. They’d had a mutual understanding since a while ago and Cory didn’t want the girl to report her identity to that Mistress of her’s just because Cory couldn’t handle a bit of verbal sparring. If that terrifying woman investigated Cory's origins, she'd be furious. Someone invading her territory? Yeah, she wouldn't take kindly to the idea.

 

And Cory didn’t want to antagonize her future mother-in-law. 

 

“You two should wash up as well.” Cory’s smile widened. “You’re rather ripe.”

 

“And you smell like a pile of horse shit.” Vera finally did away with the subtleties and instead directly attacked. “Let’s be blunt here: Stay away from them tonight. I don’t know what foolish idea you had, but know your place. The heir-apparent of the Okeanos family isn’t someone a random bird from a no-name planet like this can hope for.”

 

The room turned deathly quiet. Cory’s face was a blank mask void of any expression. Baz felt the entire area heat up. It was to the point beads of sweat pooled on his brows. 

 

A Phoenix, Baz realized. The thought put him on edge. This is bad. Neither he nor Vera were matched well with those kinds of creatures. But since when was there a Phoenix brave enough to make their home so close to Lady Claybrook’s territory? And it seemed as if Vera had known of her existence for some time already. Had she told their mother? 

 

As his mind raced with all kinds of questions, Vera merely stared calmly at the girl. 

 

Cory’s next words were slow and deliberate, spoken with a quiet, seething fury. “If your mother wasn’t who she is, I’d burn you both to the root and make a tea of you.” 

 

Vera was already walking away. “Just remember what I said.”

Baz frowned as he followed along. One thing was clear, at least. These two had a history, and they didn’t get along. 

 

He sort of wished the Young Master were here to hear the conversation. He’d demand answers and spank them both mercilessly until he got them. Baz? He’s a lover, not a fighter. Neither did he have the Young Master’s privileges when it comes to young girls. If it were Baz, he’d undoubtedly be beaten black and blue by the two before he could even spell the word “regret”.

 

He sighed and decided to not even ask Vee anything. She was more protective of the Young Miss and Master than even their own parents seemed to be sometimes and she was a smart girl. So he’d just leave things to her discretion. 

 

Besides, that Cory girl obviously had designs on the Young Master. It’d be fun to watch her give him a headache. 

 

Maybe she and Dolly would get into a full-on fight next time and he’d be caught in between. Wouldn’t that be something! 

 

He hummed cheerfully at the thought of the guy being hit by friendly fire and reduced to a disheveled mess. Hopefully with a scratch or two. 

 

Maybe he’d even bleed. 

 

“What’re you thinking about now, hm?”  Vee stopped abruptly and was instantly all up in his face. 

 

“Nothing? Why do you ask?”

 

“Your smile became even more disgusting than usual.”

“Eh? You had your back turned, there’s no way you could see--”

“No, no. I felt it. It’s unpleasant.”

 

Baz was speechless. He got along so well with Dolly, but why is it his own sister the one he can’t handle? Though to be fair, Dolly’s an airhead so she can get along with anyone. 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Whatever.” She turned away. Then looked back. “You know, you’d be cuter if you smiled less. You should take the Young Master as an example.”

 

“Hey, he’s smiling more often too these days. And his playboy vibes went up again because of it. Isn’t that even more disgusting?”

“Yes, but he’s more handsome than you so it offsets.” A pause. “Don’t tell him I said that.”

 

“Right, right. So tell him you love him. Got it. Mission acknowledged.“ He saluted and ran off to cause some mischief.

“What?” She froze. Even though the Young master would never believe such an obvious lie, he’d certainly teasing her regardless! She could already imagine his response.

 

“Eh, so you have feelings for this big bro, hm? Aw, how cute.” And he’d poke her cheek, smugness incarnate.

 

She hated it. She really hated it!  

 

“Baz, don’t you dare! Baz? Baz! ….Ah, dammit, I’m going to make a salad out of you! Get back here you dirty herb!” 

 

***

 

“Oi, can you settle down? See, this is why I don’t like showering with you anymore.” Damien grumbled. He stood in a giant, pool-like bath similar to the one his own house held, but the bathing area here has several other types of baths to boot. Reminded him of a spa or something. 

 

Currently, he was using the main bath which seemed to be around the same size as a small room. Which for a bath was pretty big. Anyway, Dolly sat in the water while he was stood behind her with hands full of suds. He was washing her hair. 

 

“And you’re getting way too old for me to be doing this. Its getting weird, alright? I can’t afford a third strike, kid. You’re fitting to send your brother here to prison.” He spoke absently. His gaze drifted across the room for what must’ve been the tenth time.

 

It was strange. His skin felt...taught. Tingly. Like he was being watched. It was a strange feeling. He never once thought he was actually being spied upon, and in fact he didn’t even realize he was being so observant, but that didn’t stop his subconscious mind from attempting to find the source of the discomfort.

Meanwhile Dolly, who was wiggling about giggling happily as he massaged her head, turned her face up to look at him. Entirely oblivious.

 

“Hm? Why?”

“Pedophilia is a serious crime. I ain’t one, but no one seeing this would believe me.”

 

“Pedo...huh?” Her face scrunched up. “That’s a funny word. Hehe. But you worry too much, Day. A brother washing his sister’s hair is the most natural thing in the world. Besides, I like it when you rub my head like this, it’s so comfortable! Hm, hm.” she nodded.”

 

“Alright, alright….put your head down already, you’ll get soap in your eyes. But if a team of interplanetary FBI agents break down the doors and start dragging me away, I’m blaming you.” 

 

“What’s ef bee eye?” She askes as he poured a bucket of warm water over her head.

 

Damien chuckled. “Nevermind.” He felt a tug at the corner of his lips. 

 

“Day says weird things sometimes.” Dolly asserted. 

 

“Heh. I know.” It’s like they’re inside jokes only he understands. 

 

“Well, that’s okay. I like the weird Day, too. Even if you are mentally handicapped a little, I’ll always love you.”

“Who the heck are you calling handicapped? You’re handicapped. Your whole family is handicapped! Wait, no…” He shook his head. “Forget it. Okay, we’re done. Get out. Go. Shoo.”

“Eh, but I wanna stay longer.” She replied. “ Why don’t we play? Day, go hide. Ready? Marco! ….Day, what’re you doing? I don’t hear you moving. Come on, go hide.” 

 

He wordlessly grabbed her by the armpits and took her out of the bath. She flailed in his grip to no avail. “Day, you meanie…” She sulked after realizing the futility of her actions. “Fine. I didn’t want to play with you anyway.”

“Mm-hmm. Let’s go, kid.”

 

“Carry me.”

 

“Better idea. You carry me.”

 

The girl promptly held up her arms, gesturing him over. Dang kid. 

 

“Pfft.” He laughed. Damien rubbed her head affectionately  and walked off. 

 

***

 

The next morning he found his previously dirty clothes freshly laundered and folded atop a nearby table. He changed out of the plain white shirt and trousers he’d been given the night before and together he and Dolly exited the guest room. 

 

As soon as they were out of the door he stopped dead in his tracks. He stared down at a certain figure slouched over to their left. It was Vera, who was sleeping wrapped up in a blanket. 

 

“Suuu….suuuu~” 

 

As cute as she was when she was sleeping, he had no idea why she was there. He gently nudged her. “Vee….hey, Vee, wake up. Come on.” He prodded her awake. The girl raised her head and drowsily rubbed an eye. She yawned. 

 

“Ah...my neck.” She broke off into a wince.

 

He snorted. “Yeah that’s what happens when you sleep slouched over like that on the floor. Why are you here anyway?” 

 

The girl stretched with a tiny moan. She then stood, dusted herself off, and rolled up her blanket. “I was protecting your chastity.”

“The fuck?”

 

Dolly’s face turned grim. “...Cory?”  

 

A solemn nod. “Indeed.”

 

The little girl’s eyes blazed. “I knew she was acting weird...so this was her plan all along!” A sudden gasp. “Wait, if that’s true then she must’ve...our wheel...oooh, that Cory! What a sly bitch!”

“...What the heck are you two on about now?”

Doll tsked. “Poor Day...so naive.” 

 

“Girl, you of all people shouldn’t be telling me that. You don’’t even know what the word fiancee means.”

“I do now. I looked it up. Don’t worry, I’ll break off this engagement’ thing soon enough. That’s besides the point. More importantly, you’re too trusting sometimes, Day!”

 

“Fucking hell.”  He put a hand to his face. Never did he think he’d ever hear such words from the Airhead Supreme. Did this girl get smarter or something? She was way too self-aware recently. Normally she wouldn’t notice a thing going on, but now here she was accusing people of sabotage and shit. 

 

“You can be gullible.” Vera agreed.

“And I suppose you suspected she’d, what, sneak in and have her way with me? In front of Dolly?”

 

“Wait, what?!” Dolly yelped.

 

“Perhaps.”

 

Damien rolled his eyes. “Jeez, Vee. Paranoid much?

 

She shrugged carelessly. “You seem the type that sort of thing would happen to.”

 

“No!” Dolly wrapped her arms around him protectively. “I’ll never let that happen!”

They both looked at her. “Do you even know what the words ‘have her way with’ mean?“

 

“Bad things!” 

 

“Such as?” Vera prompted.

 

“...”

“Well?”

“...L-Lewd...things?”

They clapped. “Oh, very good! You are learning.”

“No, hold on.” Vera folded her arms. “What do you think qualifies as lewd things?”

Dolly shivered. “Licking. That place.”

Oh jesus christ. 

 

But that wasn’t good enough for Vee. “What place?”

“Man, don’t ask her that. I don’t wanna hear this.“

 

The girl ignored him.

 

“...pit.”

 

“Hm?”

“T-The armpit! She wants to force Day to lick her armpit, okay?! But I’ll never allow that! Something so disgusting, there’s no way I’ll let someone make Day do it!” She screamed.

 

Both Damien and Vera gave each other a silent look. “Does that….?”

“I mean...it is a fetish….”

 

“Fine. She passes.”

Their unspoken conversation quickly concluded. “Congratulations, Dolly.” Vera gripped her shoulder. “You’re no longer an airhead. ”

 

“Hm? Wait, you guys thought i was an airhead? That’s stupid. Of course I’m not.”

 

“Anymore. Yes. Anyway, you’re both paranoid. I most certainly am not prone to reverse-rape. Thank you very much.”

“Sure, Young Master. Sure.”

 

“And since when did you care so much about me and my chastity anyway?” 

 

“How rude, Young Master. I have always had a vested interest in your virginity.”

“Say what?”

She nodded once more. “The right to your first time is a valuable commodity. I’ve had plans on it’s auction for some time now. ”

 

This brat! 

 

“You’re tryna pimp me out?!”

“Your mother and Dolly can. Why can’t I?”

“At least they didn’t have designs on my virginity. Fucking hell, Vee.” He ran a hand through his hair, clearly upset. The nerve of this girl. “And you’re our maid. How the hell does it make sense for a servant to sell out their Master’s chastity like this? Fuck. I...I just don’t even…” He grit his teeth. “That’s it, you’re getting a beating as soon as we get back! Damn kid, just you wait!”

 

Her face paled. “Young Master, do you not even know how to take a joke?”

 

He eyed her suspiciously. “I don’t believe you. Every time it’s always my own family who take advantage of me.”

 

“So the Young Master considers me family, huh. If that’s so, how could you bear to beat such an adorable sister?”

 

“Because Dolly’s my favorite.”

 

“Understandable, have a good day.” She bowed and promptly made her escape down the hall.

 

He watched her leave with profound annoyance in his heart. Forget it.

 

The two followed after the girl at a casual pace when someone turned the corner and almost bumped into them. They were met by the same young servant girl whom he’d seen the other day. “Oh I’m so sorry!” She apologized profusely.

 

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” He said and stepped around her. But the girl called out to him.

 

“Uh, wait! Actually, I was coming to get you.”

“Hm?”

“Yes. That is to say, breakfast will be ready soon. Please follow me.”

 

Huh. He wasn’t expecting breakfast, actually, but he wasn’t going to pass up a meal. They followed her further down and took a few turns before ending up in the dinning area. It was a spacious, brightly-lit room much like his family’s own. Tall windows letting in the morning light, an ornate chandelier up tp. A long table.

 

And at the head of said table was an unfamiliar woman. Dark-haired and languid, with a sexy, dreamy look to her eyes like she’d just gotten done having a good fuck. She wore a simple dress, very sheer and almost but not quite see-through. The fabric stretched tightly over a pair of plump breasts. 

 

As they entered the room the woman turned her head towards them.

 

“Oh. You must be Lord Damien!” She exclaimed. “My! What a handsome young man.” A laugh. “I can see why I keep hearing so many rumors.”

 

“Lies, every one of them. I assure you.” He lied.

“Truly? Well that’s a relief.” She held a hand over her heart with a sigh in an exaggerated fashion. “Or is it, I wonder?”

 

Damien opened his mouth to ask what she meant only to be interrupted.

 

“Oh, pardon me. My introduction is late, isn’t it? I’m Cory’s mother, Lisandra. Pleased to meet you.” 

 

He wasn’t one to get flustered over beauty. Eh. At least not outwardly. He’d have all kinds of thoughts, but let it not be said he was the kind of guy to get all tongue-tied.

 

“The pleasure is mine.” He replied.

 

“I’m sure. Ah. Breakfast will be here soon. Please, have a seat.” The woman gestured to the chair next to her’s. He hesitated a moment. This was a wide table. Typically for this sort of table the Master and Mistress of the house sat side-by-side at the head. 

 

“That’s…” 

 

“Don’t worry. My husband won’t be joining us. He’s away on business this entire week, you see. And I shouldn’t be expecting him to return till late next.”

 

“It wouldn’t be appropriate, mother,” Cory warned.

 

“Nonsense.” The woman dismissed without even looking her way. “Please, I insist. You’re a guest of honor, let’s say. “

 

Her daughter watched her but said nothing. Damien needed no further prompting. Dolly followed along silently, glaring at Cory, and took the seat to his right. She sat opposite Cory.

 

“And Dahlia, dear, how are you? It’s been some time since your last visit.” A soft, delicate fragrance wafted over. It tickled his nose temptingly.

 

“Fine.” The girl responded tightly. “Good.”

“Hm? That’s nice to hear…” She trailed off. Then turned back to Damien. “I heard you spent the night. Did you rest well?”

 

“I was very comfortable.”

 

“I’m glad.”  As she spoke she drew a lock of hair back behind her ear, giving a clear view of a long and elegant neck. “Oh, here we are. Our meal.” She noted the arrival of the kitchen staff carrying various trays into the room. 

 

Lisandra took a fork a skewered what looked like a bratwurst. “I love a good sausage, don’t you?” She smiled.

 

He once more began to attempt a reply only to shut his lips before a single word could even be uttered. He felt it, something soft and slightly warm sliding it’s way up along his leg. 

 

He looked towards Corianna and Dolly, who were both entirely ignorant of the situation happening just underneath the table.

 

Well...isn’t this unexpected.

 

This breakfast suddenly got a whole lot more interesting.

 

“I do hope you take the time to enjoy the meal, my Lord. ” 

 

Damien...did the only proper thing to do in such a situation.

 

“I’ll be sure to savor it.”

 

And subtly placed a hand between her thighs.

87