Chapter 20
3.3k 10 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It won't come off. Why won't it come off?"

Damien scrubbed at his flesh till the skin turned raw. Till he thought he'd begin to bleed. It didn't matter. He couldn't get that pungent smell out of his. It clogged his nostrils, forever branding him in the scent of her.

Dolly. 

The girl had bathed him in her foul juices, staining his bed and body with a sharp, heavy aroma that haunted him even now. He'd been here for an hour already, yet there was just no wiping off what she'd done to him.

His mind kept replaying that scene over and over like some kind of sick, twisted nightmare from which he could not escape. He could remember with vivid detail as that first drop his. The cold dread at the back of his neck which accompanied it as he realized it was simply a taste of what was to come. 

"Day, are you mad at me?" Dolly asked from a bit away. 

"Don't talk to me." He answered back curtly. 

"Day, please don't be mad at me. I did it for us." The girl whimpered, her lower lip cowering.

"I don't have a sister anymore." 

"But Day, don't you realize what you're saying?" Dolly looked at him with wide eyes. "If we're not siblings anymore, we can get married immediately!"

"Shut up. Please just shut up." He was tired. The smell of ammonia was ever-present, and most of all he was just sick of dealing with her. But this was his cute, lovable Dolly! He knew he wouldn't stay angry forever, but for now he simply wanted to take a break from her obviously growing brother complex. 

"So, Day, what kind of lewd things will we do first once we're married? I don't know anything about those kinds of stuff. Should we ask mother and father to show us?"

He felt a vein pop. "WE AREN'T GETTING MARRIED, DAMMIT!" He roared in a fit of frustration. 

"What do you mean?" Dolly asked. "Of course we are."

It was useless. The girl was too lost in her brocon to listen to anything he said. 

"Ah, Dolly..." He peered at her with heartbreaking sadness. "Look at what I've done to you. I'm sorry."

"Hm? For what, Day?"

"For being too damn awesome of a brother." He sighed. "It was inevitable you'd become like this, I suppose. I spoiled you, and I was too brilliant of a man. Of course you'd compare me to other boys and find them wanting. I ruined you for other men. Ah, what a sinful brother I am." He lamented. 

"What are you talking about? Day, I'm the one who should apologize." Tears formed at the corner of her eyelids. " I was too cute of a sister and caused you to deviate. Of course you'd stray. Desperate to stop your growing feelings for me, you threw yourself at other women. Ah, what a sinful sister I am." She hung her head.

"...No, I don't think that's the case." Did she really think that, or was she messing with him?

"Obviously that's what this is." Came the firm reply. "I inadvertently pushed you into the arms of women with bad intentions, never truly realizing the consequences of my ignorance. But that's okay, Day. We'll take responsibility for each other, won't we? I'll protect you from injury and heartache, and you'll stay by my side forever."

She'd crept up behind him. And when he turned to look at her, the girl's eyes were two endless voids.

Let's just ignore that, shall we?

***

The next morning Father was sitting at the table as they walked in. He sniffed, asking, "What's that smell?" He frowned. 

"Father~!" Dolly exclaimed, running up to the man excitedly as soon as she saw him. "You're back!"

Elias' mouth went slack. He was surprised at his daughter's exuberance. While they had a amiable relationship, it wasn't very often she expressed such joy at his appearance. He opened his arms  as she came to his side and wrapped her up in an embrace. 

"My cute little bird, did you miss papa?" His was filled with loving indulgence as he held her. 

"Nn." The girl nodded into his chest, rubbing her head against him. "I missed you lots and lots! I'm so glad you're back." 

His heart. It was her's.

Elias was just about make her his sole Heir when her brother stepped in and ruined the loving moment between father and daughter. 

"Talk later." Damien cut in just as Dolly separated from the man. "Tell me, did you get the damn key or not?!" His eyes were hopeful and pleading. 

Elias rolled his eyes, resenting him for the loss of his daughter's hug. "Yeah, yeah." He waved him off, thinking the boy a fool for being so happy to separate from the girl. Who'd want to part with such a cute kid? Elias envied his son and disliked how little he seemed to care for his sister's affection for him. As expected, no one likes a daughter like their father does! 

Thinking as much, he pawed at his breast pocket."Don't worry, I have it right--" He broke off. "Hm? That's not right, it should be..." Elias searched his side pockets, then his pant pockets. He patted himself down thoroughly as Damien stared at him with winding expectation and growing desolation. "That's odd, I swore I had it with me." 

"Father." Damien warned. "Where's the key?" 

"I..." He coughed. "I probably gave it to Mary when I came in."

"Gave me what now?" A new voice joined in. Mary. She sauntered naturally into the dinning room, hips swaying left and right in an enticing dance of seduction. The woman gazes at Damien with eyes of fierce passion, lips quriked in subtle invitation. 

Or maybe that was all in his imagination. It could honestly go either way. Really. 

Ahem.

"The key." Elias explained. "I gave it to you this morning...right?"

"You did no such thing." The woman shook her head. "Don't tell me you misplaced it." A tired, disappointed sigh. "Oh, Ellie..."

The man pulled at his collar. "No, but I could swear I had it just now!" 

"Well maybe you have a hole in your pocket." She suggested. 

"I do not."

"Check." 

Elias was pressured by two pairs of eyes and so quickly acquiesced. "No, I don't," He answered after a moment.

The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. 

Damien closed his eyes. Then he addressed a servant to his side. "Phil. Get me a cleaver." The novice chef froze.

"...Young Master?" He asked. 

"A meat cleaver! Now!" Damien shouted hysterically.

Elias realized what his intentions were immediately. "Don't follow that order!" 

"JUST DO IT!" Damien roared. The boy cowered.

"C-Can I please not?!" 

"Ah, fudge, I'll do it myself!" Damien sprinted towards the kitchen, but Elias was on him like black on white and dropped him to the floor after a lunge. 

"Let me go, let me GOOOOOO~~~!!!!" Damien fought tooth and nail. 

"Dammit boy, calm down!" Elias started to sweat, the boy was so strong. 

Damien didn't listen and groped around, reaching for the tablecloth and pulling. Silverware scattered everywhere. 

It was then. Something caught his gaze: A butterknife. 

Madness overtook him. 

"I won't...be pissed on...ANYMORE!" He shrieked, grabbing the dull utensil while foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. 

Just then, Baz came into the picture. "Eh? What's the heck is going on?!" He yelped

"Baz, stop him!" Elias grunted.

Damien was already raising the knife over his head as his father held his legs, his face in constant danger of being kicked.

"I will be free!"

But no way was Baz getting near them. He searched his mind desperately. 

"Baz!"

His eyes roamed along the room, hoping for an answer. And then he saw it. 

"Young Master, look! M-My mother's not wearing underwear! You can totally see her nipples!" 

Mary sent her child a death glare. "Excuse me?"

"Let me see...LET ME SEEEEEE~~~!!!" Damien forgot the knife entirely. WIth strength surpassing all mortal limits, he threw grabbed his father and threw him into the air. 

...Such utter disappointment. 

"Baz, you traitor!" He cursed.

"That's my line." Mary said indignantly. 

"Ah, whatever. Where was I?" Damien muttered, taking hold of the knife once more. That's when he noticed a very suspicious-looking Dolly pass something over to Vera. 

"Hey, what is that?" He narrowed his eyes. 

Dolly panicked. "Run!" The girl yelled, pushing at her green-haired conspirator. 

Realization set in. "Dolly, you...!" He gnashed his teeth. Damien was just about to chop at her head and chase after Vera, only to be caught by surprise as the girl simply walked over and handed him a large key. 

"Here."

"...Huh? Oh. Uh, thanks." 

Dolly's eyes went wide. "Vee, you traitor!" 

77