[Chap 6] Here I come!
1.1k 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After buying the virtual helmet, she left the electronic shop and went back to her home. It was currently 11:57 PM and she was pretty tired. So she decided to Sleep for the day. "Should I take a shower?" She thought to herself as she opened the door to her apartment. Suddenly something struck Sera's mind. It struck shoku to be exact, The body was that of a girl… 

"I shouldn't complain, I have to live with this body anyway.." she muttered, glancing at her body. She then went to the bathroom, which was, not to mention, luxurious. The bathroom had a seperate area for showering, it also had a bathtub. Shoku personally preferred the bathtub but instead he chose the shower. For the bathtub you need to prepare the water in it, adjust the temperature, but for shower it doesn't take much time. Though, bathing in a bathtub is much more relaxing. She then switched pulled the steel lever-object which turns on the tap and pushed a small metal button which switched the water flow from tap to shower. Then she adjusted the temperature of the water which was very easy to do and finally took off her clothes. Her perfect body kind of embarrassed Shoku, but when she went in the shower, she forgot about it. "Men or women, showering after a tiring day is heaven for both" she thought to herself as water rolled down her body. 

After roughly 10 minutes of showering properly, she turned the tap off and dried her body with the towel which she had brought in before coming to the bathroom. 

"Having long hair is sure a pain. Not that I am against it."

It took her a bit of time before her hair dried completely. "A hair dryer would ease the work I suppose?" she spoke to herself as she changed to her night clothes.

She then slept on her comfy bed. Before she went to sleep, she was still concerned about one thing. The developers never revealed the exact time the game was being launched. They just said, the release is tomorrow. The good thing was that Major Corporations who spent on investment of games never invested on a game directly upon its release. If they deem the game as a "golden bird" then they would happily invest. Since Dryaid Reign would be new in the 'market', The individual players and the guilds in the gaming world could get the resources first, which would help in negotiations with a major corporation.

The bad thing was, the major corporations were the major influencers of wealth within the game. These 'corporations' had made the in-game currencies a lot more expensive. If to be said with mentioning numbers, For example, before Dryaid Reign was joined by the major Corporations, Silver coin costed about $40 to $60. The currencies were something players would put and the buyers could buy. The quantity of coins on the market was very less. However, after these major corporations joined the game, the prices rose by two-to-three folds, making a single Silver coin $80 - $120. 

Time flew by quickly, and after a few hours later, it was already morning. 

Ring Ring, Ring Ring, Ring Ring

The alarm squeaked in Sera's ears. "Stupid alarm clock" She said after yawning and rubbing her eyes. She then looked at the clock, 6:12 AM.

"Ahh! Exercise!" She suddenly shouted, her eyes widening. It was Shoku's daily routine, to wake up at 6 AM and go jogging till 7 AM then play Dryaid Reign. It was not good to play the game for a whole day because of multiple reasons.

First, keeping the brain active and doing an intensive workout for the brain was detrimental. It was stupid if someone thought they could play the game for the whole day. In the past, they had asked a healthy adult to play Dryaid Reign to see the limits of the brain. The adult lasted at max 15 hours before being completely exhausted. There were many other people who tried to be foolish and play the game for 24 hours, results? 

They either received a brain injury, a small percentage of people entered coma and well, three people even experienced Brain Paralysis. Even the best person at most managed 19 hours of playing the game. 

Seeing this development of tragic events, the 'Virtual Cabins' were made by the developers. This Virtual Cabin was a bean seeded capsule. There were two advantages of this cabin. First, It increased the synchronisation rate from 93% which was given by a Virtual Helmet to 97%. Why not full you ask? Reason being it was utterly impossible to reach 100% Synchronisation. There is always a 3% gap of Synchronisation between your thought process and in-game action. But this gap is very small, even smaller than milliseconds. But if someone did achieve a synchronisation rate of 100%, It would take a heavy toll on the brain. 

The Second Benefit was, people could now use Nutrition Fluids as a way to nourish their body which actually made it possible to play the game continuously for 2 - 5 days, depending on the type of the nutrition fluid. The nutrition fluid supplied the Concentration energy which can force the brain to keep going. However, this wasn't actually recommended. An hour or two of rest is enough for the brain to recover, you could dive right back in after that. 

Leaving this, there was another feature which the helmet didn't offer. Safe logout, if the machine deemed that your brain was taking a massive toll and is nearly exhausted, you would be forcefully logged out from the game.

Unfortunately, Virtual Cabins was something which was only invented after 2 months of Dryaid Reign's official release. 

Sera then jumped out of the bed, immediately went to the bathroom, took a shower and came out. She then changed to her tracksuit. Took her phone, and rushed out. 

She then went down by lift and jogged slowly her way out of the building. It was not very bright, pretty dark in contrast. The sun wasn't fully out yet. It was dead silent, no horns could be heard. No people. Only chirping of birds could be heard. She then left the building and jogged at the some-what empty road. Some old people always jogged in the morning. Not minding them, she jogged to the nearby park. The moment she entered the park, she sprinted as fast as she could. "Not bad, this body is light. Perfect for practicing martial Arts. But quite weak at the same time" Shoku evaluated as he made Sera's body sprint the whole park 

After sprinting around the whole park twice, she sprinted towards the exit. As soon as she reached the exit, she caught to her normal jogging pace. After jogging around for a bit, she then headed for the Green Sky Building. She started sprinting again the moment she entered towards the B wing. Then she stopped and took a deep breath. "Man, that was refreshing. That's it for the first day." She said softly, wiping the sweat off her forehead with her palm.

She then went in and checked the Forums again, no news of it being released. She then took a shower again before changing her clothes. It was almost time for her college. "7:38 AM, College starts at 8 AM. Time to depart.". She packed her bag, in which she kept maths, science (physics and chemistry) and english textbooks. She also kept 5 notebooks with her for 4 subjects + 1 rough book. 

Sera then left her house and locked the door. "Let's see if something interesting happens today." 

After a few minutes of her leaving the apartment, she arrived in front of her College. There were people, as usual chatting with each other. "Hey, do you have time after school?" 

Hiirochi asked her as she entered the school. "It will quite depend if I have time or not. Do you want something from me?" Sera replied, maintaining a faint smile on her face.

"Uhm, not really. I was hoping for a chat that's all. Do tell me if you have time" He said before leaving her and joining his group of friends back. 

"heh, are you interested in that beauty?" One of the guys with black hair asked in a teasing manner.

"N-no! You have got it all wrong Joro!" Hiirochi said as his face turned a little red.

"Then why would you approach her?" Joro asked with a confused face.

"She knows that I am Dream Raider…" 

Hiirochi whispered it very softly, what followed was a screech from Joro. 

"WHAT?!?!" 

The girls chatting looked at the boy with strange expressions on their face.  

They then continued talking, ignoring the commotion Joro caused. Time flew by and the lectures were detailed. 

………..

Ding Dong, Ding Dong

The college was over finally, it was 3:30 PM now.

Sera hurriedly opened her phone and checked the forums.

Dryaid Reign has been officially Released!                        [11:31 PM] 

"It's been four hours already?" Sera sighed. She hurriedly placed everything in her bag and left. She even forgot to inform Hiirochi about it but it was quite fine with that man.

"Need to hurry" She sprinted towards her home. She met some troubles such as crowds where her running was restricted and traffic

3:52 PM, she finally reached home. Changed to her normal dress and adjusted the Virtual Helmet. "Alright Dryaid Reign, Here I come!"

She yelled, before switching on the Virtual Helmet.           

34