[Chap 5] Everything Is Set
1.2k 12 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After keeping the phone back in her bag, she stuffed all the books inside the bag, zipped it and left the classroom. The other students were talking with each other. Some girls thought she was quite dumb to just leave when she could have socialized with the people in the class in order to get good connections. Some boys didn't care. There were a few people who were interested in her abrupt leave. 

"Well, If I remember, the Virtual Helmet was free for college students for a trial of a week? But I think I will just buy, or save money because I have to do this without telling my mom"

Sera sighed as she walked towards her home. As she moved she saw various things she had seen before.

"This place will be nothing like this after a few years." She said as she glanced at the crowd of people moving through the streets. 

It was not long that she had arrived at home. "Now I look at the house..." She never saw her house was actually majestic. It was simple yet gave a vibe of Royalty. 

She noticed that there was a truck in front of her house and they were loading some furniture from her house.

"Wow…. That was fast"

Within the time span of her leaving the classroom and reaching her house, her mother had already prepared a transportation truck for transporting furniture and other stuff. This was unrealistically fast. Considering they came here on such a short notice. 

Sera then walked into her house. "Ahh, you're back. I arranged for your transportation. Here, take this."

She handed her a pair of keys. The keys had B20-03 mentioned. This actually dumbfounded Sera. Even Rongi who was from a very influential family lived at B17-07

The '17' or '20' means the floor number. The '03' or '07' represents the apartment number. The 'B' represents the wing. Though only there was a difference of 3 floors, it would make the rent fluctuate like thousands of dollars. It kinda made sense because Rongi had a flat in her name while Sera only rented an apartment.

"What's the background of this girl's family?" Shoku Thought in his mind as He looked at the ground.

"Thank you, mother. I will work hard!" She brightly smiled. She then went to her mother's room. She couldn't go to her room because they were moving the things from the room. Her mother had informed her that she kept a spare dress in her room to wear.

This touched her, how considerate her mother was. Shoku belonged to a poor family, but his parents were the same. Always being considerate and thoughtful of him.

She then changed her dress, a pink skirt. "Never thought I would wear one of these one day"

He said despising, but somewhere inside he appreciated the dress. The dress made Sera look cute. If it were to be shoku before he started Dryaid Reign, he would be head over heels for Sera.

After she dressed, she was very confused why she didn't remember anything. Shouldn't the memories be at least be with her? Yet she didn't remember anything. She can only slowly uncover things because of her body's instinctive responses.

"Well….? Now, I should be able to go" 

She then informed her mother that she will be leaving. Before she left her mother had handed her a card, what she said after handing her the card dumbfounded her. It had a million dollars in it.

A million dollars!

And that's her monthly "pocket-money"

"Okay, she successfully scared the shit out of me. I just now want to know, who-

well, you know what? Free money, I will take that. Nothing is better than that."

She then accepted the card, her hands trembled as she accepted the card. "Huh? Are you feeling cold?" Her mother asked out of concern.

"No, mom. I am fine."

She then took the card and set off for Green Sky. Before she entered the building, She entered a store. 

"Sweet Sweet Nutrition Fluids" she grinned as she picked 50 bottles of yellow-colored ones, 32 purple-colored and 10 Red-colored ones.

Nutrition fluids, yet another great discovery of humans. Necessary fluids which could strengthen and nourish the body. It also improved the constitution body. There were different ranks of fluids. Following the standard rank system, C, B, A, S. Though she never got why S came after A. Probably because it sounds classy. There was also an extremely rare quantity of S+ ranked fluid. A bottle will only contain 70mL of the fluid. Though it wasn't possible to get hands on the fluid just with money. One needed to have connections. Even S-ranked bottles weren't easy to get just by paying money. On other hand, C, B and A-ranked bottles were sold commercially. But they were expensive….

A mere C-ranked bottle cost $300 per bottle. The B-rank cost ten times the price of C-ranked ones, $3000 and A-ranked bottles cost 10 grands per bottle.

The C ranked bottles were of Yellow-color. The B ranked ones were of purple color. While A ranked ones were of blood red color. 

10 bottles of A-ranked bottles, 32 B-ranked bottles and 50 C-ranked bottles…..

They cost 211,000 dollars together.

This was a lot of money, While the shopkeeper was excited seeing the amount of money, she was also jealous and envied Sera. Even Sera deemed this as an extravagant purchase. She had spent 211,000 thousand dollars in just her first day of receiving money. But these nutrient fluids lasted for a long time. 

"Well, now Mobile phone Is not something I will want. I have to save money for the Quantum watch." She thought to herself.

Then she placed all the nutrient bottles in Elantin. Elantin was rather a special substance which is biodegradable and was used as a substitute for plastic. They said that they accidentally had discovered a matter which had the same properties as plastic but was Biodegradable and recyclable. Plastic bags were banned. Though they couldn't replace plastic cans because of certain problems. The 'elantin' reacted with fluids exception being water. It doesn't react with anything except fluids and certain gases. Acids were no exceptions and so were bases.

Was that chemistry explanation necessary? And who am I talking to? Well anyway, she stuffed the bottles in the elatin bag and headed home. When she arrived, she saw the transportation truck had arrived in front of the Green Sky building. 

The driver of the Truck spotted her. He had seen her at the house where he moved the things from. "Young lady, here!"  He waved his hands. He was a charming man doing part time at transportation service.

"Oh, Hi. Nice work" she replied.

"Hello, My name is Edward. It was a pleasure to work for you. If you need to transport things in future, please feel free to contact us!" The man said, handing his card to her. She accepted it and nodded. "Sure, I will let you know in the future~" 

"So? Which wing and floor and apartment number?"

"B wing, 20th floor and 4th apartment." She replied.

It took roughly one and half hours for the furniture to be transported to her house. To her surprise, they even placed the furniture in its place after unsealing the cardboard boxes.

 "Just what are they? They are a bit too fast with their work. But that just makes my work easier."

She then went inside her apartment. " How spacious" she couldn't help but be in awe seeing the interior. The floor was made of hard oak wood, polished smoothly. It was quite cold too. It was a 3 BHK flat, she needed only one room so other two were left empty. 

She then sat on the sofa, and looked at her phone.

"11:27 PM huh? Guess I will get that Virtual Helmet now. Store should be open I suppose. Alright, let's not waste more money. I will register for the free trial and then earn money." She said to herself as she sighed. She still couldn't believe she had spent $211,000 on just nutrient fluids. But this was quite normal with standards of rich people.

The nutrient fluids had to be stored in a refrigerator with a constant temperature of 0° - 2° Celsius.

After resting for a bit, she finally left the apartment to get a Virtual Helmet. The helmet had a sleek design. There were 3 color combinations, if you had enough money, you can possibly buy a customized virtual helmet. But by default there were three combinations

  • Red and white

  • Blue and white

  • Black and White

Shoku personally liked both, the blue and white and black and white. Blue and white gave the gamer feeling, whereas the black and white gave a badass feeling. Sera nonchalantly entered the store and asked for the black and white Virtual Helmet. The shopkeeper followed. She then withdrew her college ID and showed it to the shopkeeper. He then asked her to fill some details in a form which was a trial form. After the procedures she was given the helmet. "Now everything is set!" She shouted in her mind with excitement. 

35