[Chap 11] A Strange Dream
908 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I had stocked up on two chapters including this one and my laptop was like, "get rekt" and now refuses to boot up -.- so I had to rewrite the chapter. Do expect (if you expect at all) a bit delayed release. But it's still 1 per day.


She rushed to her apartment, opened the door, and opened the S-Rank nutrition fluid. 

She then sipped it, drinking the blue fluid. She sipped a mouthful of liquid twice then closed the bottle and placed it in the refrigerator quickly.

S-rank bottles needed less consumption unlike A-rank bottles and below which needed larger consumption per day. S-rank bottles thus lasted longer than the A-rank bottles and below. 

"Time to go back," She thought to herself as she glanced at the Virtual Helmet.

Before going back, she approached her bag, arranged her routine, and then went back to the game after adjusting her virtual helmet.

Her consciousness began to fade. She then arrived at the place where she logged out. 

It was dark all around, it was night time in Dryaid Reign too. Sera sighed. At night time, monsters are twice more powerful than at day and the monsters were more aggressive.

"Well, let's head to Blue Moon Town for now."

She stealthily moved to avoid the monster's range of vision. Within a short amount of time, Sera was inside the Blue Moon Town. The night in Dryaid Reign was also referred to as 'The Night of The Merchants'. The Street at night time was always filled with people selling various items and equipment. Currently, items were not something many people would sell as the drop rates of good equipment were abysmal, as individual players grinded low leveled monsters. 

Every player could set up a stall for a price of 5 coppers in a free Area in any NPC controlled town. Red Cities and towns were an exception. 

"Selling Common Equipment for 60 copper!"

"Selling rare herbs for 20 coppers per stack!"

People shouted as they stood around and sold their items. Not many people bought these items and equipment.

Sera chose to set up a stall in an empty place. She then kept the bronze Equipment and common Equipment on the stall to display. It didn't take long before people started to notice the items.

"Crap, someone is selling Bronze equipment?!"

"Is that right? Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I saw it with my own eyes!"

Sera did expect this development which was caused because of her. 

"Hey there, our guild would like to buy all of your equipment for a reasonable price of 2 silvers." A guy approached her. 

"7 silvers, take it or leave it." Sera said, not paying attention to him at all.

"Please reconsider, we are a third-rate guild, Godspear."

The moment she heard 'Godspear' she got extremely frustrated.

Godspear was one of the guilds which gave Tyrannical Dominators a huge headache at the start of the game. An Idea Crept inside Sera's mind. What if she crippled the foundations of the guild before it could hinder Tyrannical Dominators. 

As much as she wanted to, she was reluctant. The harsh struggle was something which made the guild's foundation rigid. 

"There is nothing else to discuss if you're not sincere about it." Sera sighed before replying.

The man left with a frustrated face.

"What a petty man. Knowing the leader of Godspear, they will try to 'teach' me a lesson."

"Ahh, Sister it's you! And here I thought who had the guts to sell Bronze equipment and weapons openly." A voice said to her. It was Raging Wind who approached her.

"Stabbing Alliance will buy all these equipment for 7 silver, how about it?" Raging Wing stated.

"But Vice guild leader!" one of the guild members beside Raging Wind raised their concern. Seven Silvers were not something the people currently could afford. The liquid funds of a Second-rate guild of current times were about 3-5 silvers at most. 

Yet Raging Wind had declared that he would buy all the equipment for seven Silvers.

"Are you sure about that?" Sera confirmed if she was not hearing things. Raging Wind didn't say anything but approached her and handed her 20 copper first. "I said I would give it to you the day after tomorrow, And here it is. I currently only have 3 silvers at most, how about this, I will pay you the rest by the end of this week and add one additional silver for the delayed payment." Raging Wind proposed

Sera, at once, agreed to his suggestion. She then traded all the equipment for 3 silvers and Finally she could log out. Now she was quite loaded with cash in-game. It wouldn't be long, people would reach level 3 in the game. She then chose a corner and logged out.

"Finally, I can sleep now."

She then pulled the Virtual Helmet surmounted on her head and kept it aside on a table. After doing that, she pulled out her phone and set an alarm for 6 o'clock in the morning. It was currently 1:13 AM. After a tiresome day she finally jumped on her comfortable bed and well…. instantly died on her bed.

……

"Huh….? Where is this…?" Sera woke up, her vision was very blurry making it very difficult to see where she was. But she felt as if she had been here. Like, a feeling of 'deja vu'.

A few minutes later her vision was restored and she could see she was in her college. Sitting on a chair alone, no one around. She noticed the silver door which made it even more recognisable. She was inside 1b. "Finally woke up?"

Out of nowhere a voice spoke, this voice was very familiar to Sera. It was a female voice.

Sera remained silent not giving any answer to this question. Suddenly, Mike and the students appeared out of thin air and Mike was teaching…. something. 

"Well, well. Don't be surprised, you're going to forget this all anyway. Just watch the show." The female voice said in a domineering tone.

Sera couldn't help but just sit there. She tried to speak to the people around. 

"Just where the hell am I?" Sera Thought to herself.

"You're……" The voice echoed before gradually fading and the college started to collapse. It was as if the time and space suddenly had collapsed leaving nothing behind.

…….

Sera immediately woke up, her heart was racing. "What…. the fuck was that…..?"

She tried to think as she took deep breaths. It was 5:43 AM at that time. She couldn't sleep anymore, "Nightmare? Yeah that must be it."

She deduced it was just a nightmare and when her deduction was finished, it had already been 6 AM. She then took a shower with hot water. and came out after a quick bath. She then changed to her tracksuit and went out for her daily routine jogging. 

After roughly 50 minutes, she was back at home. She first sat on the sofa for a few minutes then opened the fridge and sipped a bit of S-rank Nutrient fluid. She then again took a proper bath and left for college.

"Yo, good morning." Hiirochi said as he noticed Sera. 

"Good morning." Sera said, flinching a bit. She was surprised he had talked to her. But it did make sense, having a proper conversation yesterday they could be called 'acquaintance' if not friends.

"Did you hear about the football match? We will be going against Free Heights College. They said it was only a friendly match."

"Yeah, I heard about it. I also heard that their team has very good coordination between them."

The girls gossiped about all kinds of things. Household related stuff, sports, their company related stuff. Sera didn't care much. There were also exceptions where some girls didn't speak at all just watched silently.

Ding Dong, Ding Dong

And just like that, another day in college had started. Nothing interesting had happened. Hiirochi was punished for dozing off in the Mathematics Teacher's lecture.

Sera was attentive in all lectures and answered most of the questions.  

Most of the children looked pretty dull but they were smart as hell. If they tried, they could easily score a perfect score in the tests. 

And just like that, the college hours had ended.

Also, I am thinking of making a glossary about the geographical information of Dryaid Reign which could help in later chapters. Or readers would be like, "Just where the heck did these cities, kingdoms and empires pop out from?"

27