Skills and Kills
208 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finished eating the rabbit. It was awful. I almost vomited Six times. I skipped eating any digestive organs, but it seems eating wasn’t good for my stomach, as I got the iron stomach skill. A sat there realizing that this might be what I have to eat for the rest of my lizard life. When I stopped I noticed I must have blanked out for awhile as a few maggots with circle mouths, and jagged teeth had started to eat the organs I left alone.

I continue to search as my stomach ached.

[Pain Resistance skill acquired]

I spot a hole in the wall. I stumble in. There’s scratch marks on the wall but I’m to tired to mind as I continue to walk.

I lay down and try to come to grips with what my reality has become. As I sit I slowly drift to sleep.

——

I am startled awake  by loud clanking. I immediately stand up. I look around for the owner of the sound. The hole I’m in looks to be empty. It must be outside the cave then. I back to the farthest wall away from the entry. I try to hide as much as possible. I remember some lizard can change there skin to the surface they are standing on. I try hard hard to change my skin. I remember that the poison was made from what I can only presume is mana, so maybe it can help here too. I try with all my might to move the mana. It slowly moves, but a headache is starting to form. I get my mana there, and my skin has turned more grey, but nothing that noticeable. 

[Camouflage skill acquired]

[Stealth acquired]

[Mana manipulation acquired]

I start to sake as the sound echos through cave. My eyes start to dry staring at the entrance. The sound slowly intensives. I start to hear a smaller sound, of multiple feet running about, on top of louder footsteps, and clanking.  I see a head of a baby Horn Lepus. It rolls in front of the hole. A screech of anguish fills the Labyrinth as another body hits the floor in front of the hole. Two more screeches, and the clanking stops. I hear loud footsteps come ever closer, before stopping in front of the cave.

[Fear Resistance skill acquired]

 

I see the shadow of long feet. 

I had a good life, well not really more of a depressing time, but still I saw a bun bun. Sure it tried to kill me but It was cute. The shadow turns its back to me covering up the hole. What felt like ages, but was about fifteen seconds passed before it left. I saw that the bodies of the rabbits where taken. I stood still not daring to move until my stomach growled for food.

I knew I needed to get a move on, but knowing something that can kill multiple horned rabbits simultaneously is on the prowl is down right horrifying.  I know the name is Horn Lepus, but I watched anime like any other introvert. I know a horned rabbit when I see one.

I start to take small steps until I reach the the entrance of the hole. I’m guessing this hole belonged to the horned rabbit. If there was other small creature that could fit inside. It would have likely killed or be killed by the horned rabbits before they got slaughtered. 

If I’m going to survive here I’m going to have to find some way to avoid being killed by that monstrosity. There’s zero chance I can kill it. It could probably out run me with it’s long legs. That only leaves one option left hiding. My species seem to specialize in camouflage as it felt almost instinctual. I try my best to stay hidden as I move, looking for my next meal. I make a map in my head to hopefully not get lost.

[Mental map skill acquired]

I come across a horn rabbit herd. They don’t seem to see me. 

[Stealth reached Lv 2]

I retreat backwards, and into a side tunnel. I continue walking for a couple of minutes until I spot a lone horn rabbit that must have deviated from its pack.

6