Training hard, or hardly training?
256 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It looks around, and starts hopping back to its herd. I know it’s now or never. I run at the horn rabbit trying to surprise it. It’s ears perk up, and it jumped forward, twisting midair to face me. It took no time for it to ready itself before charging at me full speed. Seeing this I remember the first time I faced one of these. An idea popped into my head.

I put my back to those wall hoping it would follow in it’s predecessors footsteps. I dodged to the side as it nears. It ramps into the wall, and gets momentarily stuck. I won’t hesitate this time.

 I move towards it, and sink my fangs into it’s flesh. It screams in pain, trashing about. It’s horn brakes at the base of it’s head. It manages to break free from my grip, but the venom is already

Going through it’s veins. It wimpier pitifully, and my heart breaks. I know it needed to be done, but still this is just sad.

 [You have slain Baby Orcus horn Lepus Lv 1]

[You have gained 34 XP]

 know the herd has probably heard the scream, so I eat as fast as possible, but no rabbits come.

I clank come from the direction of the herd. My body starts to freeze up, as the sound echos around me. The rabbit is only half eaten, but nows no time to not be wasteful. I start to bolt away from the sound disregarding the map in my mind.

[Flee reached Lv 2]

[Fear resistance reached Lv 2]

Run Lilly run!

My legs start to burn, and it start to feel like I’m walking on fire.

[Limit Breaker skill acquired]

I somehow managed to arrive back at the hole the horned rabbits made residence in. I feel happy, and lucky that I came across this place again. I enter the hole staggering. When I reach the back wall I pass out.

I wake up peacefully stretching my four legs. I can’t keep tuning forever. I’ll eventually get cornered, and killed. I know I need to get stronger. There’s only one thing to do. A training montage!

I’ve been biting rocks for the last two hours. My teeth are going to fall out. I’ve been trying to release poison to train it, but to no avail. I got one strength, but nothing else. I take a break to recoup some mana. I’ve been taking about a ten minute break, ever thirty minutes. It hard telling time with not clock, or sun. I thought training montages were supposed to be fun, and helpful. I try one more time, but this time it try to change the effects of the poison. To give it a attributed.

Corrosion, corrosion, corrosion.

The poison exited my fangs, and I saw it slowly eat the rock.

[Poison Bite reached Lv 3] 

[Mana Manipulation reached Lv 2]

I yell in delight, but it comes out more like a growl. I start to wonder why it leveled up now and not before, maybe my status could help me?

[   Name: Lilly 

     Species: Orcus lacerta [F-]

       

          XP [38/50]

          LV [2/10]

     Strength: 8

     Speed: 11

     Vitality: 9

     Intelligence: 67 

     Mana: 4

    Skills: [Poison Bite Lv 3] [Flee Lv 2] [Tail whip Lv 2]  [Oblivion Magic Immunity Lv MAX] [Appraisal Lv 1] [Iron Stomach Lv 1]

[Pain Resistance Lv 1] [Camouflage Lv 1] [Mana Manipulation Lv 2] [Stealth Lv 2]

[Fear Resistance Lv 2] [Mental map Lv 1]

[Limit Breaker Lv 1]

 

Titles: [Demon lord] 

]

Everything seems to be the same. I was sneaking for only a little bit, and got stealth to level two, but it take two hours to level up poison bite. I guessed there would be a difference to level up rates, but it’s too different. I start to think back, and then it hits me. The system said it won’t give me skills, so instead of repeating something for hours, and hoping the system will level it up. I’ll need to work on improving it myself. That covers physical skills like bite, but what about skills like appraisal? I think, and think.   

[Concentration skill acquired]  

The only thing that could help would be mana. It’s the only that’s here that wasn’t on Earth. Wait is this not Earth? It has to be. There were no horned rabbits on Earth. This is most likely a Isekai situation right?

There’s no way to test anything out now, so I shove that question deep into mind for later. 

I try sending my mana out of my body, but I can only get it to go an inch out in a thin line. My mind is in agony already. I head to the nearest wall, and get in range. My mana heads out, and connects to the wall. Once connected it becomes slightly easier to handle the mana. I concentrate, and try to tell the mana to tell me the details of the wall.

[Mana increases by 2]

[Mana Manipulation reached Lv 3]

[Appraisal reached Lv 3] 

[Fabricated wall:

A wall of a cave. Though it’s appearance looks to be a natural wall it has been constructed by an unknown source. It has the effect of containing chaotic mana.]  

8