Chapter 29
1.7k 8 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the ship was captured, the jedi went back to their fleets. Well, they did try and make me handover the ship to the republic. But unfortunately for them, I had them sign a contract. And one of the clauses states any captured equipment and vessels shall belong to me, this being the main reason I always do contract missions.

 

After making sure that no one was tracking us, the fleet headed back to the Mega shipyards of Eldith. Every ship was in for maintenance, repairs and resupply. Plus, the troops needed to be rotated. That way everyone gets a piece of the action and a bit of experience in the field.

 

As for the Malevolence, the CIS schematics didn’t live up to the name. So, like all other ship I get my grubby hands on, it was upgraded and retrofitted.

 

The bridge tower was made shorter and bulkier, as two outer layers of thicker armor was added. It now had a thick armor covering it from top to bottom. The bridge was also given additional shielding. Another change was to the Mega-ion canons, they weren’t jutting out like before. They also had armored covering so that starfighters can’t target the weapon stems. It’s power generators also got an upgrade, with the addition of redundant generators.

 

The ship also got an overall armor upgrade and improved shielding. It now even had redundant shield generators like Mon Calamari cruisers. It’s sublight engines were also improved and it now class 1 hyperdrive with a class 10 backup. It also got additional power generators installed.

 

As for the armaments, let’s just say it’s bristling with guns. (40*Twin very heavy turbo lasers + 20*Twin heavy turbo lasers + 150*Twin medium turbo lasers + 150*Twin light turbo laser + 400* Point defense laser turrets + 16*Proton torpedo tubes + 3* Heavy tractor beams)

 

All these upgrades brought the cargo capacity down to 60,000 tons. This was mainly due to removal of all the cavernous empty spaces and adding living space for my troops and officers. The Separatist had wasted large volumes of internal space for no apparent reason. This also led to addition of more hangar space as well. After the retrofit the ship was definitely bulkier and there was little to no free or vacant internal volume.

 

The ships hangar capacity was also increased. Now it carries 600 fighter and 200 bombers. All the land-based vehicles were removed. It stilled retained a compliment of shuttles and boarding crafts. It carried around 10,000 troops and 60,000 droids. It’s highly automated so the crew is only 3000. This will be the new flagship of the fleet. I rechristened the ship the ‘Moby Dick’. Very original, I know.

 

The main purpose of this fleet is to act as a distraction. With the disappearance of Mandalorian sector, this fleet represents Mandalore in the public eye. The migrant battle fleet of sorts.

 

This time I am taking three admirals with me. Krald Doorn will be with me on the Moby Dick, accompanied by 10 Lucrehulk-Bs, 10 Munificent destroyers, 10 Lancer frigates and 5 Servitors. We will be strike group 1. Usut Lail in charge of 10 Lucrehulk-Bs, 15 Munificent destroyers,5 Lancer frigates and 5 Servitors, as Strike Group 2. And finally, Kald Vukong in charge of 10 Lucrehulk-Bs, 15 Munificent destroyers, 5 Lancer frigates and 5 Servitors, as strike group 3. This will form The Expeditionary fleet.

 

This is because I transferred the other two fleets to work under Jar Krobyrn. They were already functioning within the unknown regions to begin with. Well, rest of the fleet except five ships of each type will be in reserve and will be cycled out with ships from the expeditionary fleet on a regular basis. The transferred ships will help in the expansion and defense of our territory.  

 

Once all the retrofits, maintenance and repairs are done, we will be on the move again.

 

This reminds me of one of the early battles of this war. And for that we weren’t contracted by either side of this war

 

(Flash Back)

 

The fleet was near Nar Shaadaa. It was in its full strength of 30 Lucrehulk-Bs, 40 Munificents, 20 Lancer frigates and 15 Servitors.  

 

We had already done a few contract missions for both sides. As a result, we received more than few contract requests from both the Jedi representing the republic, Count Dooku representing the separatists as well as independent planets. As me and the commanders were discussing the best way to proceed, we got a transmission from Tatooine.

 

I answered the call. It was none other than our friendly neighborhood crime lord Jabba the Hutt. “To what do I owe the pleasure, Jabba? Pirates attacking your shipping again?” I ask.

 

*Something worse Nomad. My child has been kidnapped. The Jedi blame the separatists and the separatists blame the Jedi. I trust none of them. I would like to issue a contract. I want my son saved* said Jabba.

 

“What do you know of the kidnappers?” I enquired.

 

*My guard were only able to capture this image * he sent a holo image. It looked like a giant squid.

 

“I think I know who is behind this” I said, pondering on my options.

 

*Who is it? I will have their entire world sundered* bellowed Jabba.

 

“That my friend is a Separatist Trident assault craft. I have my suspicions on what their plan is. Let me guess, they brought you evidence proving that the Jedi are behind the attack” I asked.

 

*Exactly* seethed Jabba, connecting the dots in his head. He is not a crime lord for nothing.

 

“They are trying to force the Hutts into the war. Give me a day or two, I will try dig up something through my channels. Then we can finalize the contract” I said.

 

*Very well. Get me my son Nomad. I don’t care about the price* said Jabba. He then cut the transmission.

 

(Time Skip)

 

I am currently on call with Jabba.

 

“Our assumptions were right. This is a plot to draw the Hutts, especially your family into the war. Ziro is collaborating with the separatists. I have the location of your kid, and have confirmation of a separatist army present there as well. Transmitting the intel and contract to you, now” I inform him while transferring the intel and contract to him. Let’s just say it isn’t cheap.

 

His advisor spends a few minutes going over the contract while Jabba reads the intel. The advisor starts trying to bargain with me. I just remain silent ignoring him. He was soon dismissed by Jabba.

 

*I don’t care about the price. Bring my son to me Nomad* bellowed Jabba. He then forwards a signed contract to me.

 

“Consider it done” I say, as I cut the call.

 

I had information saying that the boy was being held on Teth. All it took was piecing together information from my informants and tracing the path taken by the dead mercs, Jabba had sent before contacting us.

 

The kid was hidden in an old monastery, guarded by legions of droids and a wannabe Sith assassin. This time we will have to go back to our roots.

 

I gather my officers and the team around the holo terminal on the bridge.

 

“This is how we are going to do it. Me, HK and ZEM are going to infiltrate the monastery in the cover of night. The rest of the team will remain on station on the Kyr’am in orbit above the monastery. You will be on station to provide immediate QRF and CAS. Once we rescue the kid, we will meet at this LZ, two kilometers away from the monastery” I said pointing at the map “Admiral Krald, once the HVT is secure you will move in in force. Bring the whole damn fleet. Start with orbital bombardment of enemy positions and fortifications. Then sent in the troops under tight fighter cover. Leave non standing. If the Sith assassin doesn’t retreat and engage, which is highly likely she will, have the troops use force user capture protocols. We save this kid before the republic untangles itself from the mess at Christophsis, and sends their so-called grand army our way.  If you have any suggestion speak now” I explained the plan in general to my team and officers.

 

“What are the directives of engagement against possible enemy fleet presence?” asked the admiral.

 

“Capture if possible. Otherwise destroy them and have the servitors’ sort through the wreckage” I said.

 

Then we discuss and fine tune the attack plan.

 

(Time Skip)

 

Currently me, HK and ZEM are freefalling towards the monastery. We did a high altitude jump from the Kyr’am.

 

“I like high altitude jumps. It allows you to enjoy the breeze, while watching the scenery” I said over coms.

 

“Yes master. And the meatbags and inferior droids won’t see us coming” replied HK.

 

“I concur” commented ZEM.

 

As soon as we near the top of the monastery, the jetpacks kick in, bringing us to a slow and discrete landing on the roof. 

 

“All right boys. The HVT is most likely in the catacombs bellow the Monastery. Don’t engage unless absolutely necessary” I said to my infiltration team.

 

We slowly grapple our way to the interior of the monastery. We parkour our way along the wall. There were small ridges on the wall near the ceiling for us to cling on to. We dodge and weave through patrols and finally reach the catacombs.

 

It was a dreary place to keep a kid. We slowly make our way through the corridor. HK was continuously scanning for any organic beings in these rooms and ZEM was scanning for traps. I was on lookout for droids. It seems Asajj hasn’t placed any droids as ambushers in the catacombs yet. We soon find the kid and a nurse droid in one of the cellars. The nurse droid was quickly dispatched with a blaster bolt to the head. We placed the kid on a protected carrier, which can be attached to our back. So far so good.

 

I carry the kid and make my way out. While HK and ZEM move around placing charge around the Catacombs. I move to a ledge on the outside of the monastery, why the Jedi didn’t even think of infiltration beats me.

 

Soon HK and ZEM join me. We jetpacked our way towards the LZ. When we were leaving, my suit sensors picked up droids approaching the ledge we just left. Looks like Asajj sensed something was wrong. We made our way to the Kyr’am, quickly.

 

Soon the entire droid army at the monastery was mobilized. Too bad for her. We were already boarding the Kyr’am. As soon as we are all onboard, the Kyr’am takes off. We make a beeline for the Big Bertha.

 

As we touch down in the hangar, I order the attack “Athena, inform the Admiral he can launch the offensive”.

 

I turned to my team “Bo and Vanzii, take the kid to the medical station onboard.  The rest of you will be deploying with the troops. Make sure to capture Asajj, that is if she doesn’t escape.” I distributed tasks for each of them, before making my way to the bridge.

 

By now the charges place throughout the Catacombs should have detonated, caving in the entire labyrinth. I soon reach the bridge.

 

“How goes the attack admiral?” I ask.

 

“Orbital bombardment has softened them up good. The dropship and gunships are on their way, protected by the fighters and bombers” he reported.

 

“Good, tell all units to proceed in teams of ten at a minimum. There is a troublesome Sith assassin down there. Overpower her, so that we don’t unnecessarily lose troops” I said. This was quickly relayed by coms officers.

 

Both me and the admiral sit back and watch the battle unfold. It was a one-sided slaughter. They were expecting incompetent Jedi, not us. I got reports of a Sith charging our lines. She cut down a few droids, before being incapacitated by sheer number of sonic weapons and stun bolts and was captured. Force users of this generation aren’t trained to handle such swarm tactics.

 

Soon the battle was over. The servitors gathered all the damaged and destroyed droids and equipment. They will be reforged into new units.

 

After everything was set and done, the fleet makes its way to Tatooine. It’s a short trip.

 

As soon as we arrive, me, my squad, omega squad and a few troops make our way to Jabba’s palace. Once we exit the Maxillipedes, we spot a jedi starfighter parked in the outskirts.

 

My squad and omega squad move into overwatch positions. I take Rotta to the palace accompanied by a squad on soldiers and a prisoner in force suppressing collars.

 

When we enter the palace, I could see Dooku and Obiwan arguing about who was behind the kidnapping. Apparently, I just beat Anakin and the 501st to the punch. Jabba sees me and my group approaching.

 

*I asked both the republic and separatists, both of you proved incompetent. Nomad, the contract has been completed? * asked Jabba. All the while a protocol droid translates the huttese to galactic common.

 

*Ofcourse, who do you take me for. I always complete a contract I accept* I replied in huttese. Signaling the nurse droid looking after the child to bring forth the floating crib. Jabba smiled at his son before asking some of his people to escort the kid away.

 

*Bahahaha... I knew you were worth every credit I spent* laughed Jabba, before turning to Obiwan and Dooku *See, this is how it’s done. He even caught the one responsible*

 

I send a signal and my troops escort in a tightly bound Asajj, handing her over to Jabba’s guards. I didn’t leave her completely vulnerable either. I had my people slip her a small laser cutter to get out of the binds and escape. What Jabba didn’t know, wouldn’t hurt him.

 

Jabba signal his clerks who bring us a large crate full of credit sticks and the rights to more districts in Mos Espa. I have control over almost the entire city now. I can make my own fortified city on Tatooine now.

 

*Always a pleasure doing business with you Jabba* I say. I nod at both Obiwan and Dooku, before taking my leave.

 

Let them sort out their mess. Most likely Hutt space will be closed to both the Separatists and the Republic. All the good for me. I will have more wiggle room.

 

(End of Flash Back)

32