Entry 3- Observe
144 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entry 3 - Observe

I watched the world for a long time before choosing my inheritor. It's best to gather as much knowledge as I can to help my Inheritor succeed. The first thing I did was make a mental map of every part of the world.

This world is a water world, and many times as large as earth at that. It has millions of large land masses floating in the sky. Not just the air either, some are going through the water too.

The inhabitants appear to be humans, though they have adapted to their environment enough to have diverged into different species. For example. The people that live in desert areas have scales and no hair, looking a lot like a Lizard.

Due to the absurdly large number of flying continents, memorizing everything was difficult. To make it worse, by the time I finished memorizing a continent, the others had moved or otherwise changed.

After what was probably thousands of years, I realized that the method of remembering things I was using was wrong. I was using a human method, "Repeat over and over until you can remember it", but I'm not human anymore, I'm a spirit! A comparison between before and currently would be; Before, I would hold the new memory in front of my internal sun, and drizzle it into it so as to not hurt myself with overload. Now, I just drop it, knowing that I can't hurt myself like this.

With this new revelation, memorizing everything went much faster, until after a few thousand years I had finished. After the geography, I started work on history and language. I found several libraries and memorized the contents of all the books. Of course, I did this after learning the language of that region.

After that, I studied the flora and fauna. A few of the things I studied turned out to be as intelligent or even more so than humans, such as Dragons, Druids, Dungeons, and my all-time favorite animal ever, though none of them are considered intelligent by the humans, and most of them haven't even been discovered yet.

That's not what their actually called, but they are close enough that it doesn't matter. The animal I called, "My all-time favorite animal ever", isn't like anything on earth, not even in fiction, so I couldn't give it an easy name.

Similar to how the druids are a hive mind made of trees, with their roots connected together, It's also a hive mind. Only, it's wireless! I don't know how it works, but I want it! I definitely want my future successor to breed with one of these things so they can do it too! Though it is possible that their hive mind trait is in their DNA, which would mean my successor would only need to eat one to gain its traits. As excited as I am about their hive mind status, I haven't fully explained them yet.

They look like a cross between the four most hated animals on earth, other than rodents; Spider, Snake, Bee, and the Ant. The masters of construction combined with the masters of killing!

They have elongated bodies of about 1.5 meters long, though length varies a lot. About 10cm in diameter, and mostly scaled. Ten legs/arms (five on each side) that, oddly enough, are not used to walk. The "appendages" are used for carrying and stabilization mostly, though they use them for climbing. The "appendages" are the only part covered in thick hair. Six large, foldable wings, that I suspect have chlorophyll or something in them.

I suspect this mostly because they almost never actually fly, and the wings are a vibrant green. Also, it helps that they never eat anything, and they are always laying outside basking with the sun on their outstretched wings.

Other than those incredible boons, they have more. They have a very, very long lifespan. They can make webs and silk, like spiders. They even make something similar to honey for their larva to consume until they reach adulthood. To make it even better, they can DIG. They mostly live underground, and they are really, really good at it.

These things are one of the species that humans haven't found yet, and for all the benefits they have, they have some disadvantages too. They take an enormous time to grow from children to adults, we're talking centuries here. Worse still, since they are a hive mind, their intelligence is determined by their population.

Although they are incredible, they are simply not suited for me to make my successor. So, with reluctance, I moved on. Though I did leave a mental mark of, "Mate with, or eat, this thing!".

Onto something else! Next up, the Dragons! Although I call them that, they are actually quite different than the literature on earth.

This entry is getting pretty long, so I'll continue it in the next one!

5