Chapter 8
2.6k 25 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park

State of Washington, Newcastle

20 minutes later

 

Donovan looked ahead of himself as the landscape flew by, they slalomed past the trees at a phenomenal speed. He looked behind him, hearing his new team member sing a song while driving. Her voice was a beautiful soprano, her song was about driving with friends and seeing other places. Dawn was aware that Elissa's voice wasn't normal and it had a siren-like quality, she guessed that it wasn't magic but a superpower. The Asian girl was really impressed by the power and brutality of Elissa, her new friend seemed like a good person, funny and not judgemental. In fact, she had a certain laissez-faire attitude that attracted Dawn. The young girl decided to focus on something else, she looked at her CLO and willed a hologram of the map of the woods they were in. It appeared and now she knew where they are. A wildland park named cougar mountain who is known for its fauna, panoramic views, and hiking trails. There were a lot of elevated terrains, Dawn noticed. The pillar of light seemed to come from the east toward somewhere called Far Country Falls.

“I think we will have to run by our own power soon Elissa.” The Asian girl said.

The redhead stopped singing, looked at Dawn’s 3D hologram map and nodded. The first steep hills and wooded area were in view already, Elissa stopped the sled and the other disembarked. The transport began to break up by itself and disappear into the snow.

“Great, now we will have to run. It’s been a long time since I have been able to truly run at full speed!” Elissa was giddy and excited with the adrenaline flowing into her body, the fight with YOD earlier had wired her up. The redhead smile faltered when she looked at the expressions of her two teammates though.

“Elissa, before that… could we speak about what happened earlier?” Dawn approached her and tried to broach the subject of her takedown of the black boy.

“Yeah.” Donovan agreed.

Elissa looked at each of them and squinted her eyes, crossing her arms under her breastplate.

“There is nothing to discuss, he insulted me and in return, I humiliated him for it. If it wasn’t me today, someone more ruthless would have done it and killed him for his stupidity. Just because he triggered in the most common type of superhumans this ape thought everything was about him and that he was a chosen one. I showed him the error of his ways. This is a simple case of karma. Can we go now?” Elissa raised an eyebrow, she posed in a swaggering stance.

Dawn and Donovan looked at each other, they didn’t think of the events this way. Elissa could have killed the brat but she didn’t and to be honest they don’t want to antagonize the ice-wielding badass girl over some loser.

“Hum, yeah we can…” Donovan tried to say.

“Good. Dawn, prepare for a strenuous run. We will make camp when we reach Far Country Falls. Donovan leads the way.” The redhead pointed her arm before her.

“Ma’am, yes ma’am!” Donovan and Dawn shouted playfully. They were also reassured that Elissa wasn’t a psycho like what her fight earlier showed.

Donovan ran toward the thicket blocking the way, the Asian girl following him closely while using a spell to reinforce her body to run and jump above the natural obstacles. Elissa shook her head, she had her work cut out for her if she had to justify every one of her actions to people; the redhead ran after them, unleashing her senses to detect everything around her. The woods were alive and she could hear the other examinees closing in on them.

*Good, I have surprises for the lot of you!* A devilish smile appeared on Elissa’s face.

***

In the Examiners Command Center, everyone was excited by what they saw happen between the examinees. They are aware of who everyone was, but knowing that the daughter of an Omega hero was there and had already struck such a blow to one of the people competing for a better placement in school… they replayed the scene of the young Walter’s defeat in slow motion and marveled at the control the young redhead had over her ice power. But not all were impressed.

“Hugh went to the hospital with Jackson, the boy has severe frostbites on his torso, arms, and neck. That girl was too heavy-handed!” The recruitment director complained.

The director was a Caucasian man in his late thirties with black hair greying a bit at his temples. He has amber eyes but his attractiveness was impeded by the hard stare that made him look mean. However, he was anything but; he cared for those kids he tried to recruit. He wore the same field uniforms the young examinees but theirs was black and silver; it showed that they were the staff of the Academy. The director didn’t like the flashy redhead that wounded one of the new kids he took care to recruit, the little guy just needed a chance to shine but that girl nipped that in the bud. He was about to make her drop out when his phone alarm ringed, he received a text on his professional smartphone. He read the message and his blood ran cold.

*Crap.* The director swore in his heart.

An order far above his pay grade just came down and told him to not be rash if he wanted to keep his job; and how did they know he was about to do something? Did they have eyes in the control center? Knowing the owner may be involved he stayed his hand, not happily though.

“Could have been worse, director. She could have killed him and would have been well within her rights to. And to be honest, he started it, the cocky bugger needed to be reminded of his place.” A female operator told him.

She has auburn hair, hazel eyes, and a soft beautiful face and wore the same uniform as the director.

“I don’t understand why they want her?!” The director shouted.

“Oh, I can see why she’s new blood. So far this school has been ruled by legacies, that little redhead will crush them underfoot. Look at how ruthless she is? She’s already building traps for the people following her.”

“She what!?” The director leaned toward the screen of the female operator.

“Yeah, she has been doing that while running and using her magic, the spy drones show how she made those pits covered by snow.” The female operator showed him the scans and real-time view of the traps team one created. “But… I don’t think her plan is going to go as planned, that girl Danny Sparks is a smart one. If Von Braun wasn’t here she would be the MVP of this exam.”

Team two, led by Danny Sparks, was successfully avoiding the traps as if they could see them. Running like the wind they were steadily catching up to team one. The director grinned at this, finally, something was going his way. To him that brutal girl in team one didn’t deserve to the prize, maybe one of the other teams will prevail.

“My money’s on team one winning this one.” The director heard from the back.

“Nah team three will win this, they’ve got a sensor.” A female voice answered.

The director shrugged, at least his operators were doing their jobs he didn’t have to yell at them or anything. But gambling seemed… interesting! He will bet on team two.

***

Malicia, Heracles and Tesla were looking at a screen while feasting on a huge serving of braised pork with honey sauce and a bottle of Taylors 1969 Port wine. They were watching how the exam was going for Elissa. The Dark Sorceress appreciated how the fates aligned everything neatly for her daughter. Meeting new allies, punishing people that don’t know their place and how she is slowly but surely trying to gain advantages in the long run.

“She learned from the best.” Malicia congratulated herself.

Tesla put his phone on the table after having finished texting, then he took the wine bottle and filled his wine glass. Heracles didn’t blink once since he looked at his daughter fighting. He found more and more of Malicia in her, ruthless, cold and brutal. Completely different from Empress Daphne, her real mother. The hero asked himself how everything would have been if she was raised by her real family if they didn’t have to hide in another realm to become strong to come back and maybe… failing? Heracles didn’t think Elissa was strong enough to go back to Phantasia. With her power level, she wouldn’t even be considered for an officer position in the Phantasian army; putting a hand on the back of his neck and massaging it Heracles became frustrated. He understood it wasn’t Elissa’s fault, the cosmic energy discharge of planet Earth’s sun was pathetic compared to the two in their home realm; Elissa’s body wasn’t developing as it should and was starved of Cosmic energy, her powers weren’t as strong as they should be.

Heracles looked at Malicia, if it wasn’t for her forbidding him and Achilles to shut up and keep their trap shut he would have hired the services of Tesla into devising a solution, the man was as smart as those science mages at home! He didn’t understand the reasons for his wife to permit their daughter to still stay this... weak. Malicia must have felt his gaze because she turned her head toward him, smiled sexily and kept looking in his eyes. He couldn’t deny her anything, he was her love thrall and he knew it. Heracles face began to redden, but his wife took pity on him and began to watch the screen again.

Tesla was interested in the dynamic of the relationship between this couple, the most powerful man on Earth couldn’t do anything against his wife. In fact, he would judge that Heracles was being a subordinate and Malicia the master. From what he had seen in his lengthy visit at the Von Braun’s residence, Malicia lorded over her family, her opinions or orders never contested and followed to the letter. The only person breaking this mold would be the estranged brother of Heracles, another Omega superhuman on par with him but living as a… stuntman in Hollywood. The scientist even watched the different action movies he has starred in. Achilles was handsome, powerful and was proposed a lot of different contracts to become an actor but he always refused them as if he was waiting for something. Something that Tesla couldn’t put his finger on. But he knew it was related to his family.

Then it clicked in his mind. The interest of the parents in that Elissa girl was certainly unusual as if they were training her for something.

*Malicia didn’t want Elissa out of her sphere of control, even with her husband pleading her to let her develop more healthily she kept the girl sheltered as if she was one of those Princess prisoners in a tower.*

Tesla became more and more intrigued by the situation.

***

Team 2, one hour behind Team 1

 

Danny Sparks was being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of traps team one was digging in the ground and makes traps that turned the trees into springs or those traps she couldn’t even describe created through ice; by example this trap that turned into an ice cage around its victims. The blonde girl smiled, excited that she was finally dealing with a challenge! It had become boring being a cheerleader and beating everyone in the Amazon Complex of her city, Portland. Danny wasn’t from Seattle, but her mother moved here and enrolled her in Tesla. Fortunately, her friends came with her, she doesn’t know how they found themselves in the emerald city but she wasn’t going to wonder why. They were here, her girls. Erika and Carolyn always had her back before, in Portland.

“Trap on the left, near that Oak, avoid it!” Erika shouted behind them.

The girls shifted course and avoided the spot the other blonde girl told them to. Erika Harmon was a precog coupled with her superhuman body it made her an excellent fighter and scout as she navigated them through the forest and the traps left by team one.

“Destroy it Carry!” Erika ordered.

The dirty blonde haired mousy girl sent a telekinetic blast into the mound of snow and it exploded in a shower of ice; the three girls stopped and gaped at what they avoided. The traps were clearly designed to hold its captive into the ice!

“OMG that Elissa girl is totes scary!” Carolyn was not happy of what they have been straining to avoid every trap and she didn’t like how tense everything felt.

“She’s a witch!” Erika gave her opinion vocally, even stomping her feet on the snow.

“Huh-uh, I like her you know,” Danny informed them while laughing, she found it really ironic to call a magic user a witch. The leader of team two was acting nonchalantly, stretching her body and keeping it warm from the cold while they debated.

“No way, she will totally beat us up, Danny! Forget about her!” Erika told her friend.

Danny wanted to fight the ice girl, but she seemed to have more experience fighting than herself. She looked at her friends who made worried face toward her.

“Well at least let’s try to become friends with her next time, instead of snubbing her…” Danny advised.

“Let’s forget about her and just try to pass them.” Carolyn looked before her and pointed her finger in the direction of the pillar of light.

Erika and Danny nodded at that and began to run anew in their usual formation. Erika at the fore, Danny in the center and Carolyn at the back guarding their rear. They avoided the obvious traps who were just bait for the true traps that they left to Erika precognition to detect and avoid them as usual. Team two kept a good rhythm. The sunlight began to fade as they continued that tiresome routine.

“Though I ask myself how team three will pass those, we didn’t destroy all the traps.” Carolyn wondered aloud.

“Haha, yeah let them have some tension, girls. This is not a game.” Danny said mimicking a famous villain.

***

Team 3, 2 hours behind the other teams

 

Team three wasn’t having a good time, at all. They have been trying to follow team one and two but have been consistently slowed down by pitfall traps, captured in ice prisons traps or swung into the air because they got too close to trees with sling traps. It had become a real nightmare for them. They couldn’t trust anything in their path, snow, trees, bushes. Emilia and Jamie waited for the other shoe to drop when Cody the strongman black boy in their team got encased in an ice prison, causing a shield break to occur for him.

“Cody!!!” Emilia shouted attracting the attention of the others.

“Shit another trap? They are everywhere!” Wayne chanted a fire spell and began to melt the ice.

Wayne was a caucasian young man, fairly fit looking with long hair and steel grey eyes. The girls were aware of his looks as he was suddenly surrounded by a fiery red aura that put made him look like one of those shining vampires the two girls saw in that movie Twilight. Comparatively, Cody was that tall and strong looking guy you see depicted in calendars with nude men with salient muscles and nice package on his lower body.

“We cannot continue like this, we must find another way and not take the same route as the two other teams,” Jamie explained.

“But they will arrive before us!” Emilia said.

“Not necessarily. We can get a good time with the map function you discovered on the CLO.”

A three-dimensional map appeared in a hologram projection from the CLO wristwatch of Jamie. Showing the rivers, paths, and trails of the Park. Jamie also discovered an awesome feature on the map, two dots appeared at a different distance from their position on the map.

“You see, this map is an equalizer. We know where the other teams are, so we can anticipate where they are going to and also avoid those traps team one has been disseminating. The two teams are near Coal Creek Falls at the moment taking the Quarry trail and moving really fast, we are here on Fred’s railroad trail; I say we run all night without rest and go through the Fork trail and then the Shy bear one and we should run parallel from them avoiding all this unpleasantness to arrive at Far country Falls before everyone.”

The girls smiled at each other, content of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. CRACK. The sound of something breaking went to their ears and has they looked behind them they saw Wayne the fire mage break Cody out of his ice prison. The young boy was shivering, Jamie went to help the mage to transport the clumsy black boy that was drenched. The black girl took off the boys armor and nodded at Wayne who cast the handy drying spell he picked up last night from his mother. Cody’s clothes soon began to dry. Wayne didn’t know that he would get to use it so soon, something to consider when someone is so much more experienced than you.

Wayne thanked his mom in his heart.

“Damn, cold, cold, cold.” Cody kept saying while having his arms around himself and trembling like a leaf.

The boy looked at everyone and said, “I-I love you g-guys, t-thank you! I t-thought I’d die in here!” Cody couldn’t help but stutter because of bone biting cold he was subjected to.

“Wayne slowly warms Cody up, tonight we run like the wind. Oh and let’s eat those rations and use this time to relieve ourselves to be ready. Careful of traps, try to spring them preemptively!” Emilia ordered.

The boy had nothing against following the orders of the two girls, clearly, they had the ideas here and they were followers, not leaders. Wayne decided to make a temporary camp and to help cooking the MRE* (Meal Ready to Eat) they had in their backpacks. Thirty minutes later everyone was sitting and eating around a fire, the girls began to try to form a plan to battle the people of note they noticed in the exam. The biggest threat was that Elissa girl and Danny Sparks, Jamie knew that the later was electrokinetic.

“Donovan Sims is invincible while in movement so it would be best to not attack him directly, let’s take a page from Von Braun’s book and trap him in a pit or something. I could try to get him into the air, or Wayne can dig the pits?” Emilia proposed.

Emilia was an attractive girl, the two boys with her couldn’t stop looking at her surreptitiously when they thought she couldn’t see them. She was 5”9 with beautiful curves, Emilia was half Indian and half African American; her skin was a really light brown and her black hair was straight but wavy at the end. On her face her light brown eyes, medium button nose, and slightly pouty lips made her look like a work of art or one of those models from Victoria’s Secret ad.

“I am out, I suck at earth magic.” Wayne while pigging out on the cassoulet he ate from the can in his hands.

“Well Emi, it’s your job.” Cody smiled at the long-haired black girl; he was still very close to the fire and tried to warm up.

“Careful, we don’t know what the girl with Von Braun does, Wayne you said she was some sort of magic user,” Jamie asked their magic user.

Wayne stopped eating and looked at Jamie. Jamie was of shorter stature than Emilia, 5”6 with a skin darker than her friends. Her hair was styled in a pixie cut and her face was more delicate, black eyes and a little snub nose she wasn’t as attractive as Emilia but she had that girl next door feel going for her and seemed more approachable.

“Yeah, she’s a mage like me but I don’t know which element.” The black haired boy said.

“Is it important?” Jamie tilted her head as she looked at their resident mage.

“Terribly so. You see, most elements can be countered by others, sometimes it’s compatibility that plays out in a magic duel. But it also depends on how much Mana a mage can use as well, for example, that Elissa girl? She could stomp me, my mother and my father combined. She has a big mana pool in her, I felt it when she used magic repetitively. But that Kisaragi girl? Zilch, maybe she is as powerful, I don’t know…” The mage said lamely.

“So subterfuge and plan within a plan if we want to win. That’s the only way.” Jamie said in a determined voice.

Wayne nodded and continued to eat, he really needed the mana because of Jamie’s daring plan. He knew some good spells that will give them an edge.

***

It was night and Elissa’s teammates were cold and hungry. The redhead has formed an Igloo in the clearing they had found to camp, Dawn helped her with her space magic to make it bigger on the inside by etching runes in the walls of the structure. The redhead found the Asian girl more and more to her liking, she was smart, funny and cute. Elissa shook her head, what was she thinking? She didn’t swing this way… or did she? After all, she was really inexperienced in the matter of the heart.  

The clearing was in view of the Quarry trail, they were offroad and hoped to get a little rest as they have been running for the better part of the afternoon. Donovan entered the Igloo with a lot of wood branches under his arm and placed them in the shallow pit in the center.

“All done, Don?” Elissa asked sweetly.

The black boy smiled at her after dusting himself.“Yeah, I placed those papers you gave me on the tree around the Igloo.”

“Excellent, good job,” Elissa said, and she closed her eyes.

The redhead looked for her mana infused enchanted papers around the structure by sending a golden thread of mana with her awareness and linked them when she found each one. The formula written on each paper assembled itself to make a spell formation. Dawn followed the operation with her own mage vision and was awestruck. Her own family ritual wasn’t as easy as this, but she didn’t think it was so simple. Elissa’s magic looked like a more simplified version of all the combined magic she heard of.

“Wow, that was so awesome! What type of ritual was this?!” Dawn gushed, she was in Elissa’s face instantly when she was done.

“This is a chameleon and keeps away spell,” Elissa said smugly.

The redhead put a hand on Dawn’s cheek and looked soulfully in her eyes, she was attracted to her and it seemed that it was reciprocal. The two were lost for a moment when they heard a slight cough in the background. It was a smiling Donovan who looked a bit embarrassed.

“You know I can go out if you two need a moment.” The black boy teased.

His sister was a lesbian and he loved her to death, those kinds of interactions didn’t bother him. Elissa didn’t look like one though, she seemed more like someone that straddled the two side as he had noticed her looking at his muscles and tracing them with her finger earlier when all the teams were assembled. But looking at her, Donovan thought that she seemed conflicted.

“What are you talking about?” Elissa calmly said, but her demeanor was betrayed by her red face.

The redhead turned away from Dawn and looked at the black boy.

“Yeah, yeah there is nothing going on.” Dawn didn’t have the same control over her emotion as Elissa, she fumbled her speech a bit.

“Girls, it’s ok I am not judging. You have been exchanging googly eyes since the two of you met, maybe there is something to explore, don’t let yourself miss out because of people and their social programming.” Donovan eloquently said.

The two girls looked at Donovan in surprise, Elissa had thought that he was a simple-minded guy and handy to have around but now… she saw him in total new light. Donovan Sims was the entire package, handsome, smart and strong. 6”2 with a strong body with bulging muscles, his hair were styled in a low fade with twists. Donovan’s face was strong looking he had dimples a strong tall nose and black eyes. If he was with the other girls from the exam they would totally be all over him, but he was with two sexually confused girls.

“You know I didn’t expect to hear that kind of speech from someone looking like you…” Dawn told the boy.

Donovan didn’t get offended. “Oh, they tell me that all the time. Just because I look like a giant doesn’t mean I am not smart.”

People thought him a simple-minded guy most of the time, but when he began to speak he lit up the room with his intelligence. His female best friend who was already in Tesla told him to not hook up with anyone without her approval, but he had already design on the redhead before him. Seemed useless though if she had the hots for the cute Asian girl.

“Well, thanks for the pep talk…” Dawn added.

Donovan waved her off and went outside the Igloo, letting the two girls alone? They looked at each other searchingly; Dawn's face was alight, Elissa passed her hand in her hair and shyly played with a lock of her hair.

“So, you… you like me?” Dawn timidly said.

The Asian girl looked at the beautiful girl before her, she had always been shy about exposing herself to others; mostly due to her sexual preference for her own sex. Only her mother was aware that she liked girls, her father would disown her for certain. Now she couldn’t believe that this powerful mage and beauty liked her. Elissa approached her and parted her long hair that covered her face; she looked at Dawn’s revealed visage, she was gorgeous. Elissa kissed her on the cheek and said. “Yeah. But let’s speak about this when we are not in an exam, we should stay… focused, ok?”

Dawn made a radiant smile that almost blinded the redhead. “Okay,” she said squeezing Elissa into a hug and going to continue her work on the Igloo walls.

Elissa felt frustrated, she didn’t expect that. Not at all, why was it happening now? The same thing didn’t happen with her friend Kelly, she thought of her more as someone she could count on. But she just met Dawn and was already sexually attracted to that gorgeous Asian girl. She hoped she didn’t lead the girl on; Elissa sat before the shallow pit on a sheet of ice and began to meditate and ground herself and forgo worldly desires. It wasn’t easy as she could still feel the presence of her future girl… she shook her head tried to become one with nothing. After one minute she succeeded and let the mana circulate in her body.

***

08:00 PM

 

Donovan was eating his MRE cross-legged while looking at the girl who smiled and discussed some really esoteric subject. They didn’t seem to be embarrassed about each other and their budding feelings, he wasn’t an idiot though he could see it here. That weird dance they were doing, Dawn and Elissa were touching each other, showing affection and their gaze looked hungry…? No, thirsty to Donovan. Have they been starved of love in their life?

“Like I said this is a spell to summon my familiar,” Elissa said to Dawn.

The two were making runes in a sheet of ice with their issued knives they had found in their backpack. Donovan didn’t try to look at what they were doing, just appreciating the view of two beautiful girls being oblivious of him. He ate his beef stroganoff in a can with relish with his water gourd at his side.

“Damn, this is delicious.”

The girl suddenly looked at him, they already ate but they still felt hungry. They had decided to keep some of the food for breakfast to have a full belly; Donovan was being hated for a moment there. He didn’t understand it but still chose wisely to shut up. Elissa and Dawn began to discuss anew and it was that.

Thirty minutes later, Elissa decided to summon her two bird familiars. A white magic circle appeared on the ground and in a flash of light, Crowy and Ravi appeared near the fire. The big male raven opened his wings grandly and cawed loudly, signifying his arrival, but his mate stayed silent and preferred to find purchase on one of Elissa’s shoulder.

“Dawn, Donovan. Those two are Crowy and Ravi, my familiars.” Elissa said grandly.

The bird's plumage glowed purple in the firelight, their red eyes shined like tiny ruby. A hush fell between Elissa’s teammates, they didn’t know what to say upon seeing those two strange birds. One looked nothing like a raven, but more like a big eagle, and the little one looked rather possessive of Elissa.

“Like in those hocus pocus books? I thought they are cats normally?” Donovan tried to lift the atmosphere with a bit levity, however, he was genuinely interested in the answer.

“Don, you don’t want to have a cat familiar. They are bossy and obnoxious.” Elissa corrected her misinformed teammate.

She shivered when she thought about Lady Christine, her sister’s familiar. The redhead could barely tolerate the cat, and the cat knew it but still acted cute with her mistress, playing her sister Cassandra like a violin.

<Mistress we are at your service!> Ravi murmured in her ear.

Elissa loved her two ravens to bits, they were loyal and decent conversationalists.

Crowy asked his mistress.

He strutted before her, closing and opening his wings, impatiently. Elissa was happy to give them a task, her two birds weren’t lazy compared to that cat at home. She looked at the two animals, put her fist on her hips and took on a powerful pose.

“Scout around the Igloo and report every thirty minutes about what you see in a kilometer radius, please,” Elissa said grandly, her hand showing the tarp that served as a door for the Igloo.

The big raven said and somehow prostrated itself before Elissa.

Some kind of force made the tarp acting as a door open and the two birds passed through disappearing into the night. The tarp closed itself, the cold didn’t seep in. Dawn looked amazed by this scene as she held on to Elissa’s arm in excitement.

“Did that bird just prostrate himself as if he was a knight or something?” Donovan asked still mystified by what just happened.

Or was it him or did Elissa speak with those birds?

*Nah, must have been my imagination.* The boy told himself.

“I don’t have a familiar but those two looked so awesome! How come they can use telekinesis?” Nothing escaped her, in her mage vision those two birds used primal magic!

“How come, this was so…” Dawn tried to say, the words escaping her.

“If you become an apprentice of my mother maybe she will let you in on the secret. I can’t tell you anything, Dawn. I am bound by a geas so powerful it would kill me to try to disseminate some of the magic learned from my mother.”

Dawn let go of Elissa as if she was electricized.

“She went that far?” The Asian girl was clearly shocked.

That the woman even did this to her own daughter was clearly not normal.

“Yes, like I told you when we met; living with your heroes is often rather different to what you may expect.”

Elissa turned toward her side of the Igloo and went to sit on her sleeping bag. She decided to focus on resting and observe the woods through the eyes of her familiars. When she was comfortably in a lotus position on her bag, her familiar already spotted the light of a campsite one kilometers from theirs. Ravi went to count the number of warm bodies she could see through their shared mage vision. Even normal and superhuman had mana inside them that emitted from their body, it was rather easy to spot from the sky.

“Hello, team two.”

62