Chapter 22
1.7k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 25th, 2018

Daphne Snow School of Arcane Art

Courtyard break

12:30 PM

Elissa was astounded by the changes that happened in two weeks while she was confined at school, the most major one had been her entire family moving their house (literally) into the pocket dimension. As a result, Cassandra was coming to pester her big sister more often. The little hellion had made it her mission to embarrass Dawn at every moment. 

Another change was more of the teaching staff finally being present, the coach for magic sports and mystic combat Mr. Lenobi made everyone from the dorms wake up at five and run for one hour. Done were the leisurely lie-in days till class. From Monday to Friday, everyone did their exercises. Tabitha the cat girl hated the new teacher with a passion and often violently argued with Mr. Lenobi who showed her her place by giving her more exercises to do. 

Now, there were more students in Daphne Snow. Ranging from Human mages to humanoids like Nymphs and Elves; exotic creatures like Centaurs, and Unicorns. Each bringing their slew of problems, feuds, and culture; Elissa found herself pestered by the male elves because of her beauty and hated by the Nymphes because of it. Strangely the Centaurs and Unicorns were just fine with her, some rapidly becoming friends. Etana a unicorn grey Stallion was often seen with Tabitha, Dawn and Elissa discussing magic and mystic combat. 

The redhead was waiting in the courtyard for her mother to bring the new special student, Doctor Jordan’s daughter, Sarah who she hoped to get along with. Elissa leaned against the tree, central to the garden mulling over everything that had changed. 

“Girl, don’t force me to compel you.” A familiar voice startled Elissa away from her brooding. 

The young woman recognized her mother’s voice, she quickly straightened herself and went to the entrance of the courtyard where she could see two people arguing. The one Malicia was speaking with was a red-skinned teenage girl with black horns forming a crown around her head, she even had a tail in the form of an arrow. The young woman was tall, slender with snow-white hair and a face that could easily have graced the cover of a fashion magazine. She wore the uniform of the school but had accessorized it with a lot of gold jewelry that Elissa considered ‘bling’. 

Elissa wasn’t surprised to find a female demon at her mother’s side, as she used her mage sight on the newcomer the redhead was startled to see that she was half human. This girl’s mana core and spiritual meridians revealed her parentage. Her aura was black blue and white, uncontrolled and angry; a sign that she wasn’t in control of her powers or her forms. 

The young woman groaned.“Mrs. Von Braun, I don’t want to be here!” 

Malicia rolled her eyes and then sniffed, “You have no choice, now walk!” 

“But-” 

“How annoying, fine compulsion it is.” Malicia shook her head as if she was sorry about what she will do to the girl. She opened her mouth and said, <Follow me.> Powerful mana could be felt in those two words in the demonic language. 

Sarah’s blue eyes glazed over and her body relaxed; Malicia noticed that her daughter was there, smiled at her, and walked toward her. The young demoness called Sarah followed Malicia like a baby duck. Elissa shook her head, she was used to her mom’s power plays but sometimes she went too far. However, she wasn’t going to say anything, lest she angers Malicia or worse she would make her do the same to others to show her the benefits of mind magic. This was a branch of magic Malicia had taught Elissa because of her voice power that made her able to compel people and manipulate them. A power that Elissa denied ever having, because she wasn’t like her mother in that sense. 

Sigh. “Mom, this is Sandra’s daughter! Why are you using compel on her?” 

“This girl is annoying, completely different from you.” Malicia embraced her daughter and kissed her forehead. 

Elissa smelled her mother’s hair, the familiar mixed scents of flowers and flame was present, the young woman melted in her mother’s arms, but she didn’t forget what she had just done. The redhead pushed Malicia away, broke the embrace and tried to say something, “That’s…” Elissa pointed her finger at the glassy-eyed red skinned demoness with a look of disappointment. 

The sorceress stomped her feet on the ground and looked angrily at Sarah Jordan. “She’s really reluctant in embracing her magic and heritage. Even though it’s the only way for her to lead a normal life.” Malicia huffed. 

Elissa found it weird, why would her mother tell her things about Sarah? Isn’t this girl her problem? The redhead remembered that Malicia had made a deal with Doctor Jordan to get her to teach her about her healing power. 

“Why are you telling me this?” Elissa tilted her head. 

A lock of hair came into her field of vision, she had decided to go with the wild mane look today. Her mother approached her and put a hand on her cheek. Elissa felt her hair being messed with, and found herself with a french braid, Malicia smiled happily, pleased with her hairdressing spell. She couldn’t stand her daughter being untidy. 

“I’m giving you a job, teach this girl how to be at peace with herself.” Malicia finally said. 

Elissa’s eyes opened wide as she looked at the demon girl. She didn’t seem to want to be at Daphne Snow from what the redhead had heard, how could she help someone who didn’t want to be helped? 

“Mom, I didn’t inherit your demon side you know that?” Elissa was sure that she couldn’t help Sarah Jordan. 

A pained look passed through Malicia’s eyes, she didn’t want to mislead her daughter but it wasn’t yet time to tell her about her parentage. 

“Indeed,” Malicia voice steadied. “but you sure do think like one.” The black haired demoness flashed a smile at her daughter. 

“Just teach her mana manipulation, and get Reinatiel to show her how to get her human form. She’s also your new roommate, take care of her my treasure.” Malicia kissed her daughter again after briefly hugging her. 

She disentangled herself from Elissa and prepared to teleport out of the courtyard. Elissa tried to stop her by trying to say something. “Wait, mom, I have-” 

Malicia waved at her. 

“Later, I have work to do; come have dinner with us tonight.” Malicia teleported in a shower of gold sparks. 

Elissa looked at the red-skinned demoness with apprehension, not knowing what to do. She couldn’t believe her mother put her in this situation. 

The redhead looked at Sarah Jordan who was stirring from the compelling spell and waited. 

As for Sarah couldn’t believe it, that demon woman had used some kind of magic to compel her to stay put. Finally, the teenage girl felt that her body was under her control and her eyes cleared. What wasn’t to her surprise was to find a redhead before her. 

She was downright gorgeous. Between her high cheekbones, her full lips and her sinewy athletic frame, she could easily have been mistaken for one of those models for a sports magazine. The sweet scent of her red hair -vanilla, perhaps?- flooded into the demon girl’s nose and she forgot all about her bad situation. 

“Hi.” Elissa waved awkwardly. 

Sarah tilted her head, then answered just as awkwardly, “H-hello?” The demon girl stuttered. 

Elissa gave her a bright smile at that, and as she held her hand before her Sarah took it in her own and began to shake it. 

“It’s so nice to finally meet you. I am a friend of your mother, Elissa Von Braun.” Sarah froze when she heard the redhead’s family name. 

She let go of Elissa’s hand as if it was a hot poker and stepped back from her. “Wait, are you related to that sly woman?” 

The redhead looked embarrassed, it was the first time someone reacted to her as if she were something unclean. Elissa still had a smile on her face, trying to defuse the situation the best she could. 

“Well yeah… I am sorry for how she behaved, mom can’t be reasoned with sometimes.” The young lady explained. 

Sarah thought, *No shit! She’s unreasonable.*  

“Argh.” Sarah facepalmed. “Look, I don't want to be here. Could you do me a solid and get me out of here?” 

Elissa looked sad at what the red-skinned demoness said; the young lady consulted Sarah’s permissions with the wards and discovered that she was in the same situation as her. Malicia had locked her down from ever going out without her permission. Sarah didn’t understand the expression on the redhead’s face but it irritated her.  

*Was it pity? Does she pity me?* She asked herself. 

Elissa could smell Sarah’s wrath and confusion through her synesthesia, and she wondered if the girl had anger issues or just didn’t know how to feel because of her condition.  

“Sorry, you are keyed to the wards. And your permission to get out of the pocket dimension has been revoked. Actually, we are in the same boat.” Elissa had guessed that Sarah was at war with herself, she didn’t like her body or lineage. 

Sarah stopped moving, closed her eyes and remembered the earlier event when she tried to leave the school. The red-skinned demoness groaned in frustration. “Wait, I tried to get out before but some kind of shield didn’t let me pass, is that what you are talking about?” 

“Mhm.” Elissa nodded. 

The redhead swaggered to Sarah, slowly moving and trying to not appear threatening. 

Sarah stomped her foot on the ground that cracked a bit. “I want out!” She shouted with crazy eyes. 

Elissa tried to take her right arm and to calm her, “Hey…” 

“Don’t touch me!” Sarah batted her hand, her tail menacingly raised and was about to poke Elissa’s eye but the redhead avoided it. 

Elissa took the offending appendage and dragged the girl into her arms and hugged her. The young woman struggled with all her might, even bit the redhead on the shoulder.  

<Calm down, Sarah I am not your enemy? Ok?> Elissa said soothingly, cheating a bit with her siren song ability by forcefully calming Sarah’s mood. She felt guilty about it, but if she can help pacify the demoness it was a price she accepted to pay. 

Sarah felt overwhelmed by a sense of peace that was unnatural to her, her desire to conform and be like everyone was suddenly muted, it didn’t disappear but it got forcefully put in the background of her mind. The red-skinned demoness had always been controlled by her own powers, her urge to dominate, fight and obtaining spiritual sustenance was always overwhelming, she particularly liked negative emotions to feast on.  

However, today she discovered inner peace for the first time since her powers manifested; she didn’t feel that constant hunger gnawing at her every day or devour the emotions of the redhead before her and twist her to her whim with her corruption ability. Sarah looked at Elissa with an expression full of confusion.  

“You-” she was about to say something but got interrupted by Elissa who took her by the neck and put their faces close to each other. 

Sarah thought that this redhead’s eyes were like emeralds, she could see the concern and worry for her in them. The red-skinned demoness didn’t think she deserved that someone helped her after all that she did; so she kept trying to push away Elissa. 

“You must feel betrayed by your own body, that you have no control over anything?” Elissa guessed. 

The demoness froze, looked at the redhead and scowled at her. “How would you know? From what I can see you are completely human.”  

Elissa knew what she was speaking about though as she remembered briefly how her ice was uncontrollable when it manifested at first, and she isolated herself to not be a danger to anyone, particularly her younger sister. Yet another reason why she loves Malicia who hadn’t given up on her and offered her a crutch of sorts with her Ice magic. 

Sarah didn’t like that this girl would presume to know her pain and thoughts, so she lashed out. 

The redhead didn’t budge at all “Well mom’s books said that half demonic offsprings’ physical looks and powers are always random.”  

Elissa let go of Sarah whose anger came back with a vengeance, that redhead got under her skin with her patronizing. The red-skinned teen looked at the young lady before her more in-depth; her hair was a dazzling blood red and was in a French braid, her fair skin a pearlescent white that shone under the sun, but Sarah doubted that she got sunburned. Her white uniform shirt was tight enough to show off the young woman’s ample chest, her skirt slowly fluttered in the breeze and her tights clung to her thighs and her feet were clad in black leather boots. 

“Ain’t you lucky, huh?” The scowl on Sarah’s face strengthened. 

Elissa didn’t like how this demoness looked at her, however, she understood that Sarah had really low self-esteem, thought she was a monster and strived to protect everyone from herself. It took just a whiff of her feelings thanks to her synesthesia to understand that. The redhead could ‘read’ her. 

The young woman looked at Sarah with compassion and opened up herself a bit.  

“My problem is the reverse of yours, I would kill to look like you. To belong with my mother and sister.” Those were things that she normally wouldn’t tell anyone, not her sister, not her mother, not even her uncle who she called and told everything as he was a good confidant. 

Elissa felt sad that he wasn’t there with her family; then unhappy at how this girl, Sarah was seeing herself.  

*It was such a shame,* Elissa thought as she looked at the demonic attributes of the young woman before her. 

Sarah must have her gaze on her attributes as she said, “What’s so great about having horns, red skin, and a tail?!” 

Elissa was open-mouthed. 

*She just didn’t say that?!* 

Elissa approached her, put her hands on her shoulders, touched Sarah’s white hair slowly the same with her red skin. Sarah herself stepped back when that overly friendly girl touched her all over again. She was asking herself if that redhead wasn’t lesbian or something. 

The demoness stepped back at the fervent look Elissa gave her as she put her hand together and said, “Well, Sarah darling you are a knockout and those horns are amazing and your tipped tail looks deadly. It would be great to have one and be able to fight with it! I totally would pierce bad guys’ eyes with it.” 

Elissa’s tone became full of discontent, she’d take that girl place instantly if she could; but she couldn’t have those desirable attributes that belonged to Sarah. As for the red-skinned demoness, she felt the negative emotions coming from Elissa and discovered that she wasn’t just talking mad shit; she truly wanted to be her. 

Sarah was surprised but at the same time shocked by the casual way the young woman had described what she would do if she had a tail of her own. “Great you are a psycho…” the demoness said stepping back even further. 

Elissa who looked happy just now imagining herself as a demoness changed her expression into that of alarm and outrage at Sarah’s insult. 

“Eh, no! I am a magic warrior.” Elissa shouted looking affronted. 

She considered herself to be a warrior and a mage, and there was no way to call her specialization something else. 

Sarah giggled, “Oh, then just a muscle brain.” This girl seemed simple to her. 

Elissa lightly punched her arm. “Hey!” The redhead exclaimed as she pouted. 

The demoness laughed and felt relieved that Elissa wasn’t one of those people who professed to want to help her because she thought she was cursed or something. Sarah had her fill with religious nuts wanting to kill her or exorcise her because she is part demon.  

*The worst had been those Satanic fuckers that worked for my father, harassing me.* Sarah tried to stop the memories from resurfacing. 

Hmph. “Anyway, you are my new roommate, I will lead you to the tower and after that, I will do as Mom asked me and help you with your powers and getting your human shape,” Elissa said. 

The redhead straightened her uniform that was of course already impeccable. Elissa looked at Sarah who had stopped laughing, she seemed to be astonished by what the redhead had told her would happen today. 

“What?” Sarah was rooted in place, not daring to hope. 

Elissa flashed a smug grin at the demoness. “Seriously, you didn’t think that you only had one form?” 

The red-skinned demoness’ hunger grew quiescent, her instinct gave place to logic and immense yearning. “I can look like you?” Sarah asked. 

She didn’t know when she had walked to Elissa and grabbed her arm. The redhead just smiled and nodded. “Girl, of course, you can look human, but like me? No, it takes a lot of care and time to be this fabulous.” Elissa mocked, taking on a pose showing off her amazing body. 

Sarah rolled her eyes, her tail caught Elissa’s arm and snaked around it. 

The demoness clicked her tongue, “Tssk. Well, let’s go.” But courtesy and the voice of her mother recriminating her from being rude made her ask, “Wait, what’s your name again?” 

Elissa shook her head in mirth, this girl Sarah was funny. “Elissa.” She answered. 

Sarah brought Elissa out of the courtyard and they were out of the interior gardens area. The demoness pronounced the name of the redhead in her head and found that she liked it. Her tail tightened on Elissa’s hand. “Nice name, I am Sarah.” 

The young woman walked side by side with the Demoness and nodded. “Yeah, I know.” Then she turned left toward the plaza. “Come here, we are going to our dorm.” 

 


 

The Princess Tower

12:40 PM

 

Dawn was in deep doo doo as her enemy the dread Cassandra was closing in on her with her arms wide open. The space mage teleported to the kitchen and avoided the crushing bear hug of the apprentice sorceress. She panted heavily as this has been going on for ten minutes. 

“Will you stop, Cass!?” Dawn shouted. 

Cassandra answered with an evil giggle, Dawn’s shoulders slumped and she decided that maybe she will have to use a stasis spell to keep the little devil from crushing her. The asian girl had long ago observed that Elissa’s sister saw her as her an enemy, someone who was taking her sister from her; and telling her that they were a couple now had steeled her animosity toward her. 

Dawn cast force spell, it wasn’t her specialty but she could do it; she unleashed it and caught Cassie square in the air as she was about to tackle her. She dangled two meters from the ground. 

“Ah, you cheater!” The little redhead shouted with a shrill voice. 

The asian girl laughed devilishly, finally, she was getting the upper hand against Elissa’s little sister.  

“If you don’t cheat, you’re not trying hard enough!” Dawn quoted. 

She was used to people looking at her weirdly when she quoted people or memes, but the way this little girl growled and tried to struggle while in her power. Dawn felt that Cassandra would use magic and deliver herself from her forcefield spell if she didn’t try to speak with her. Dawn inhaled a lungful of air and let go of it, proceeding to calm herself. 

“Cassandra, I think it’s time we had a talk,” Dawn said, adjusting the spell to make the little girl levitate and look at her in the eyes. 

The little devil glared at Dawn. “No.” 

Cassandra gave a punch to the forcefield and it cracked momentarily but it healed just as fast. It worried Dawn how strong this kid was, she knew now that the little girl meant business.  

*How dare she?* Dawn said to herself, her anger flared white hot. 

The only thing she did to Elissa was to make the sexy redhead her girlfriend; certainly, she had been monopolizing her more and more and Cassandra had been getting no time with her. But she tried to crush her just for that. 

“Cassandra this has been going on for long enough! Tell me right here, right now why don’t you like me?” Dawn shouted, demanding an answer. 

Glowing golden green eyes looked at her in anger, or maybe it was more appropriate to say wrath. 

“You stole my sister!” Cassandra said with a tone dripping with extreme anger. 

Dawn giggled at that, watching the little girl punching at the forcefield until she noticed that Dawn was using the powerful mana of the node connected to the tower, the asian girl wasn’t using her own reserves to fuel her spell. Cassandra stopped and looked rather sad as she glared at the asian girl. 

The space mage shook her head, disappointed with Cassandra’s answer. Dawn put her hand on her hips, her skirt fluttering a bit because of the movement and looked disapprovingly at the little girl. 

“Last time I checked Elissa was a free woman, she’s my girlfriend yes, but I don’t presume that I control her every action. I didn’t steal her.” Dawn said and she added, “It surprises me that you think you can do so with the sister you profess to love.” 

Cassandra crossed her arms and pouted, then uncrossed them, making fists with her hands as she didn’t know what she wanted to do. After all, Dawn had a point and it was annoying her. 

Looking at the space mage, Cassandra tried to explain her feelings. “She’s my best friend and sister and…” but she couldn’t express herself well enough. 

Dawn saw the struggle of the little redhead and took advantage of it. She took out her phone and showed her the message from earlier where Elissa said how happy she was that Cassandra was waiting for her in the dorm room with heart emoticons, the number of times she loved her and all. 

“You see, Elissa loves you three thousand, in the text, she’s happy that you are here waiting for her with me,” Dawn said soothingly to the little girl. 

Dawn tried to coax the little girl in accepting the situation.“We don’t have to be enemies, Cassie we can share her time like responsible peo-” 

Cassandra interrupted her by giving a powerful punch in the forcefield holding her aloft, almost shattering it. “I don’t want to!” 

Dawn sighed heavily, looking at the recalcitrant young girl before her in her red dress and black shoes. She had an elaborate hairstyle that made her look cuter, but she didn’t need this as Dawn suspected that Elissa’s sister had some kind of glamour or aura that attracted the goodwill of people or made them want to protect her. That’s why she was reluctant to use magic on her to subdue her since the start, whatever her powers were they were interfering with her way of thinking. 

The asian girl decided to deceive Cassandra if coaxing her didn’t work. Dawn felt she couldn’t win against Elissa’s sister, as the little devil didn’t even use magic yet against her. Her girlfriend had told her how strong Cassandra was.  

There was a saying, ‘If you can't beat them, join them.’ and the asian girl knew how to act. She conjured fake tears, making herself cry and looked sadly at Cassandra who looked at her with astonished eyes. 

“That’s bad, Cassie you might make Elissa hate you, you know?” Dawn took a tissue from the breast pocket of her uniform and dabbed it on her tears. She looked disappointed at Cassandra. “Last time your sister was angry with you, you know.” 

Cassandra's little mouth opened with an ‘o’, really surprised by this revelation. “Huh, why?!” 

This wasn't even a lie, Elissa was mad at her sister for trying to hurt Dawn. 

The asian girl looked disapprovingly at the little girl. “Because you keep trying to crush me and you don’t respect me. You made your sister cry.” 

Dawn hid her face with her hands, not wanting to show the smile she was flashing as her deception seemed to work. Cassandra began to sniffle and cry too, thinking she had caused Elissa pain. 

“No! I don’t want her to cry.” The little girl shouted with big tears in her eyes. 

Dawn felt horrible for lying to Cassandra like that but she presumed that it must have been because of her weird powers. She decided to push on, trying to ignore the feeling of what she was doing, being wrong. “It broke my heart seeing Eli like that, so I told myself that I will try harder to be friends with you so she doesn't cry anymore.” 

Cassandra stopped moving for a while and thirty seconds later, wiped her tears with her hands and said, “I-I will try, I don’t want Eli to cry.” 

*Wow, this little girl is a yandere in the making, she’s too devoted to Elissa.* Dawn was shocked in her heart but didn’t show it on her face. 

“Then can I let you out of my forcefield?” Asked the asian girl. 

Suddenly the unease she felt from deceiving the little girl evaporated and it made Dawn even more wary of Cassandra’s power. The little girl nodded, then Dawn slowly put her on the ground. The young girl wiped her bottom, looked at the asian girl and humphed while averting her gaze; it made Dawn smile how this kid was an open book. 

The door suddenly opened, a red skinned girl with white hair and horns appeared with Elissa behind her, as they entered the dorm floor with smiles on their faces while discussing something the two girls noticed Dawn and Cassandra. 

Elissa looked at her sister who looked like she had been crying, then at Dawn who seemed to be in the same state. There was a story there and the redhead was about to ask them about it when Dawn’s voice interrupted her. 

“You, tail off my woman.” The asian girl’s glare caught on Sarah’s tail entwined on Elissa’s right arm. 

Sarah jumped and disentangled her tail from Elissa’s arm, looking apologetic. “Oops, sorry! I forgot.” 

But Dawn’s reaction had confirmed that the redhead was lesbian, she didn’t feel repulsed or anything but was satisfied that her instincts were right. As for Elissa, she face-palmed and after a second went toward her girlfriend to calm her down. 

“There’s no-” The redhead tried to say, but was quickly interrupted by Dawn’s dismissive tone. “Yes, there is a problem, you shouldn’t get too touchy-feely with everyone Elissa.” 

The redhead was surprised by the asian girl’s scolding, a bit ashamed she lowered her gaze before noticing a child-sized missile coming at her. “Eli!” Cassandra hug-tackled her sister who caught her after making a grunt. 

Smiling, the redhead greeted her little sister, “Heya little tyke.” 

Cassandra hugged her sister tightly, still reeling from the asian girl’s revelation, she didn’t want to make things difficult for Elissa. But she realized that she did it anyway out of jealousy and might have damaged her relationship with her sister; the little girl tightened her hug on her Elissa. Regarding Dawn, she was still scowling at Sarah who felt embarrassed by Elissa’s girlfriend’s attention. 

The awkward silence got to Elissa first and she felt obliged to break it. “Dawn could you stop glaring at Sarah, she’s our new roommate.” 

The redhead tried to pry Cassandra from her but it seemed to not work, so she gave up; her girlfriend looked at Sarah from head to toe, judging, categorizing the threat she could pose to her relationship. 

Dawn gave Elissa the cold shoulder. “Is that so?” 

The redhead’s face became sad even though she had her usual sister pillow hugging her. Seeing this, Sarah decided to not trouble Elissa as she had welcomed her with warmth, even trying to make her feel better about herself. Sarah walked to Dawn, flipped her white hair and gave her a mirthful smile as if she was amused by her behavior. “Don’t worry Usagi, I am straight.” 

The demoness called Dawn Usagi because of her obvious ethnicity and the pins showing a magical girl on her breast pocket. She was excited to meet another otaku like herself and didn’t want to give a bad first impression. Dawn became startled, looked at her pins, and registered that Sarah wasn’t planning on stealing her girlfriend. 

“Ah, then everything is good.” A smile appeared slowly on the asian girl’s face. 

Dawn’s shoulders full with tension relaxed; the redhead was finally letting out a sigh now that the misunderstanding with her girlfriend was resolved. 

*Cassie is still clinging to me like a baby chimpanzee.” She began to soothe the little girl with a hand on her back and another patting her head. 

With a decisive expression on her face, Elissa decided to proceed to do what she promised Sarah; as she was no oath breaker, she snapped her fingers and said, “Reinatiel, Fenirael.” 

Two women appeared flanking Elissa and her sister, they were dark-skinned almost making it seem like they were Indian or from the middle-east; They wore different outfits, the tallest one Fenirael had on a black pantsuit on with classy heel boots, and Reinatiel a white sundress with heel pumps.  

“Whoaa who are they, big sis?” Cassandra asked as she saw Reinatiel making a grimace at her. 

“Hum, Elissa?” Dawn looked at the two women with eyes as big as saucers, as she automatically adopted a combat stance. 

Smiling Elissa walked toward her girlfriend and then faced her two handmaidens. 

“Those two are my demon familiars and my friends, they have always been with us,” Elissa explained the best she could to Dawn. The redhead kissed her sister’s forehead to let her know everything was ok. 

Sarah and Dawn didn’t think this was enough, the red-skinned demoness became wary of those two and Dawn was uncertain of the influence they had on Elissa; however, she had told her that they had been with them since the beginning. Suddenly, the memories of the cooking and laundry being done by themselves came into the fore of her mind. 

*Ah, they are able to play with people’s perceptions!* Guessed Dawn. 

Elissa noticed Dawn’s realization, this girl was so smart. “Girls it’s time to earn your keep, Rei could you help Sarah with her human form?”  

Reinatiel performed a curtsy, “Certainly mistress!” Her beautiful thighs showed up, Dawn and Elissa couldn’t stop looking. 

As she noticed, Reinatiel smirked and the two girls averted their gaze. Cassandra didn’t understand the action but filed it away in her mind for later revision. Elissa gave another order to the black-clothed demoness, “Feni could you please help me with Sarah’s luggage that is going to be delivered soon?” 

“Young mistress consider it done.” Fenirael bowed and disappeared as shadows surrounded her and faded in the air. 

“Wow, that’s scary!” Sarah shouted as she stepped back, making her jewelry jingle. 

“Lady, Sarah could you please come with me before the floor length mirror?” Reinatiel held her hand before her, her human form fading little by little as her horns and tail appeared for all to see. 

Sarah hesitated, looked at Elissa who nodded at her while giving a dazzling smile; she then took the hand of the demoness before her. Reinatiel was beautiful in human form, but with her demon attributes, she became an unearthly beauty with her gold and black horns on her black skin. Her hands were showing the same elongated claws as Sarah but they were decorated with fancy nail polish. 

The handmaiden went deeper into the living room and brought the young demoness to the mirror built into the wall and Sarah saw the form she is used to since her birth. She hated it, she hated herself as it had been a source of problems for her mother who she loved to bits. She was too different for people to want to be friends with her, or to treat her just like a girl. But here she found some people who didn’t even flinch when they looked at her, she could see Elissa smiling at her behind her in the mirror, her sister was on her knee looking as if she was the most interesting thing in the world. 

She didn’t see fear, disgust or hatred on their faces. People are people, and they are flawed she realizes this now; here she found people that accepted her and didn't treat her like a devil spawn out of ignorance or zealousness. 

The truth finally revealed itself to Sarah. 

What was hidden in the dark will always be dragged into the light, even feelings and truth you hid from yourself. The red-skinned demoness’ tears flowed from her eyes, rolling down her cheeks. She wiped them with her clawed fingers; she squinted her eyes at her reflection in the mirror. 

*I shouldn’t blame anyone, I did this to myself. Gave them power over me, it’s my fault.* Thoughts warred in Sarah's mind as she was torn between blaming others and herself.  

Reinatiel positioned herself behind Sarah, put her hands on her shoulders and began to massage them for ten seconds; she put her face near the red-skinned Demoness' ear and said, “The way to solve a problem is to realize that you have one, lady Sarah. You won’t be able to access your human form if you don’t accept yourself.” 

Sarah shut her eyes tightly. “What should I do?” 

There was despair in her voice, so raw and real that everyone in the room felt it. Fortunately for her, Reinatiel knew how to help her. 

“Close your eyes.” The handmaiden told her. 

Sarah closed her eyes. But she was loath to let her guard down in this room full of women who could harm her; she remembered doing that in a park and getting attacked by some random asshole who thought she was a monster. 

Feeling her stance getting stiffer, the handmaiden said in a soothing voice, “Relax, you are with friends here. My mistress won’t ever let anyone bother you again.” 

Realizing that it was true, Sarah let go giving the people behind her a chance to prove that they could be trusted. The only negative feelings that she had picked up from the group of girls were feelings of mistrust so far, it was normal as this was their first meeting. There was another puzzling negative emotion she caught up that astonished her: jealousy. Why would that asian girl be jealous of a monster like her? 

“Find your center, this ball of power inside of you. Your core.” Reinatiel explained as she led the young demon away from her brooding. 

Sarah looked inside herself, an exercise she wasn’t used to doing but after three tries she entered into a trance by following the instructions of the handmaiden. The red demoness could see pathways in her body superposing themselves to her nervous systems, organs, and arteries. There was a blue light emanating from the center of her chest, it was just below her heart; it was a black sphere writhed in blue like energy.  

The handmaiden whispered in her ear, “Did you find it?” 

Not opening her eyes, Sarah nodded. 

“I see something, it’s a… sphere, inside me.” 

Reinatiel giggled. “Yes, my lady you have found it, this is part of you. The origin of your power, where your essence flows from your core to your spiritual meridians.” 

“It’s blue and black,” Sarah said as she noticed that her core was revolving on itself, looking like a black sun emitting a blue corona of flames. 

To Sarah, it looked ominous, and she got a bit scared by it. 

“It’s the color of your mana, you are a human and a demon with powerful magic potential. Oh, you feel so strong.” Reinatiel gushed. 

Sarah didn’t know what to answer to that; she didn’t know that she was strong or anything. Most of her life she had been bullied and persecuted by others, all she had always wanted was to be left alone. 

“You should touch it, just a little nudge.” 

“Ouch.” 

“It shouldn’t hurt, that means you still see yourself as a monster, you are fighting yourself. It can be seen in your core and your aura.” The handmaiden felt frustrated and angry. 

How could a beautiful child like Sarah see herself in such a light? What terrible things had she been through? Reinatiel hugged the red-skinned demoness with all her heart. 

Sarah tried to defend herself. “But I am-” 

But when she saw Reinatiel and the others’ eyes, deep down she knew she lied to herself. Cassandra got off Elissa’s lap waved her hand on her face and in a golden glow, her growing horns showed on her head. She walked to Sarah and put herself at her side, facing the mirror and took the red-skinned demon’s hand in hers.  

“My mom is a demoness, even so, she’s the most wonderful mom in the world! You are not a monster, the people who said that to you are the real monsters.” Cassandra said in a surprisingly insightful comment that didn’t match her age. 

Elissa chuckled as she saw Sarah’s surprise, not to be outdone the redhead stood up and opened herself. “You are not a monster, Sarah. I killed people when I manifested my powers for the first time. I deserve this appellation more than you. Your only crime is looking different and craving negative energy.” 

That casual revelation floored Dawn, she turned her head to her girlfriend and tried to imagine Elissa with horns, claws and a tail freezing everything in her path; the asian girl was suddenly really turned on. Elissa smelled Dawn’s arousal and she knew she was the target of such an instinctive thing thanks to her sharp senses. 

Having such a freaky girlfriend pleased Elissa to no end, however, the negotiations about the no sex agreement till she was eighteen her mother pushed on her tied her hand and her libido. Reinatiel let got of Sarah to let her mistress address the red-skinned beauty. 

“I am sorry like I told you on the way here I don’t have any demonic traits, but I wish that I had them. You should be proud of yourself,” It was simple but on point, just like Elissa was used to. She didn’t want to give a long speech full of touchy-feely stuff, she sensed that Sarah wasn’t a fan of them. 

“Aww, Eli!” Cassandra hug-tackled her sister again. 

Dawn didn’t want to leave the red skinned girl in such dire straits, having magic but being unable to channel it because of self-esteem was a career-ending event for a mage, she would have a really bad time in Daphne if she couldn’t use magic. 

“Hum, hey Sarah, right? I-I am Dawn, Elissa’s girlfriend, and your new roommate. I don’t c-care that you are a half demon, to be frank, people are people. It’s your actions that define you, not your outward appearance in the supernatural world.” Not being used to help people in such a way Dawn fumbled her speech. Then she napped because of what this girl might have gone through, the pain she could see in her eyes was too much. “You know what? Fuck those normal humans or superhumans who treated you like shit, you don’t need them, or owe them shit right? I hope that you’ll be ok in Daphne Snow you’ll see that we have tons of different races or species here. They won’t reject you or anything, give us a chance a-and maybe we will all be friends? I feel that you need them.” 

Elissa looked at Dawn open mouthed, it was the first time she had heard her girlfriend swear. As for Sarah, she didn’t know what to say after all this effusion of feelings and feel goods speech, she nodded to the three girls and turned to the mirror; resolve filling her as she touched her core with her ghost-like hands. It was painful at first and as she remembered the reassurances of Elissa, Cassandra, and Dawn, it gradually subsided. 

No longer looking like she was in pain, Sarah exclaimed joyfully, “I did it!”  

“Great, Lady Sarah! Now will yourself to become human.” 

With every fiber of her being, Sarah wished to be human a normal girl. The voice of one of her favorite songstresses echoed in her mind, *No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.* 

That is why Sarah vowed that she would become better, not let other people decide what she was, *Dawn was right! Fuck people! I am Sarah Jordan, Daughter of Sandra Jordan, half demon and half human!* 

First to disappear was Sarah’s tail that kind of retracted into her, her horns painfully did the same thing as if they sheathed themselves in her head. The demoness’ ears’ points rounded, however, Sarah’s straight white hair grew longer as it reached her bottom that became bigger and her legs elongated; It was the same deal for her impressive teeth that became more human-like. Sarah’s nails lost their claw-like appearance but were still long for a human female. 

The transformation finished when the bright red skin of the young woman darkened to become a café au lait color.  

Everyone looked at Sarah in wonder, Dawn synchronized her phone with her CLO and rapid-fired taking pictures of her roommate. Elissa gulped as she thought that this girl was already gorgeous in her demon form, but as a human, she felt clearly like Sarah was better looking than her. Reinatiel clapped in joy and relief. 

Sarah opened her sky blue eyes and didn’t recognize the girl in the mirror and stayed frozen taking in her reflection, searing it into her mind. Finally, she moved to touch herself, there were no crown like horns, no tail or claws. 

“Damn, Sarah you are so hot,” Elissa exclaimed. 

Sarah began to cry and sob, Reinatiel was the first to take her in her arms, soothingly patting her head. “Group hug!” Cassandra shouted.  

Everyone hugged her and for once, Sarah reciprocated it.


 

California, Los Angeles

Santa Monica

Achilles and Brie’s Apartment

02:55 PM

Santa Monica a coastal city west of downtown Los Angeles. Santa Monica Beach is fringed by Palisades Park, with views over the Pacific Ocean. The houses and building facing this awesome view were pricey and difficult to obtain, one apartment in a condominium on the Appian Way in the Arcadia villa street that was facing the original muscle beach was where Achilles Von Braun, Heracles’ brother lived. 

There were two bedrooms, one living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two toilets; a really middle class setting that Achilles had bought and lived in with his roommate Brianna DuClair. Like him, she is a stunt artist for Hollywood. They were in high demand to double for the more famous celebrities playing in dramas and superhero-themed movies.  

What Achilles was good at was coordinating realistic fighting scenes, that was why most directors in the business respected him or wanted him to become an actor to star in his own movies. But Achilles couldn’t act to save his life, and as he was waiting for Elissa to be ready and return to Phantasia he didn’t think to take long term contracts or responsibilities. His philandering had been raised a notch and that had got him serious problems these last two years since Malicia had evicted him from the family manor. 

The redheaded man was scratching his beard, sprawling on the couch of his loft thinking again about, *How low the mighty falls.* 

Vice-Captain and second in command of the Phantasian Imperial Guards, working directly under his brother the most powerful man of their planet, then when he got to Earth he was suddenly an expendable, a common man, loafing around in a coastal city waiting for the next job of making trash humans look good in movies. 

As usual these days, Achilles had nothing to do, there was no big job; he had already been to do the groceries thirty minutes ago, did all the chores in the house in five minutes, and now he was watching the dumb Flixnet show before him about some stupid remake of Sabrina the apprentice witch that was darker than the original content. He hated it, it reminds him of that also dumb sister in law. 

The speedster stood and sped to his bedroom and got his android phone and came back to the couch in one second. He looked intensely at his contact list, the one with all his family members on it. He desperately wanted to contact his niece, Elissa. As he was about to touch the call button on the screen his body wracked with pain. 

“Shit!” He shouted as he let go of his phone and the pain stopped. 

It was the curse that Malicia had put on him two years ago as he dared to circumvent her authority and try tell Elissa about her destiny. He was thrown out of the house like a bag of soiled clothes; his anger simmered to a boil but he didn’t let it control him. 

Achilles heard the main door open and was already on his feet, recognizing the scent and steps of his roommate Brianna who walked into the living room, all smiles. Brianna DuClair was an achingly pretty blonde with a short bob of hair and steel grey eyes. She looked fit and really dynamic, her smile lit the room and Achilles’ mood. The young woman was in her thirties but as often with the superhuman condition, people might be older as they aged slowly. 

“Honey, I am home,” Brie announced to her friend. 

Putting her car keys in the bowl on the furniture next to the door, the blonde woman took off her top and pants; appearing in a sports bra and bikini, throwing them to Achilles who caught them, zipped in the laundry room to then get back with a clean t-shirt and skirt that he had taken. 

“How was work?” Achilles smiled at her. 

He loved taking care of his friend, as he was older than her by forty years he considered Brie like a pupil -a pupil he slept with-, but he trained her in the Phantasian Imperial Guards martial art and she became so proficient in it that if he didn’t get serious then she could at least graze him. Brianna was a strongman type of superhuman, clearly Alpha rank. 

The young woman could have become one of those heroes like his brother, but she didn’t condone the League of Superhumans’ ways of handling things; to her, they were corrupt and immoral. There was a story there, but he chose not to push her to know more, after all, he didn’t care for her past. 

While clothing herself, the woman said, “I feel like I was broken into multiple pieces, ground under a wheel and had my stamina drained.” 

Brianna proceeded to tell Achilles everything she did yesterday and today, she was stunting in a movie called The Revenge of Nestro, she was the stunt double of a superheroine with strongman based powers for a normal human actress. But their synchronicity and team up to switch between scenes wasn’t the best as this actress was clearly not fit or fast enough. The blonde woman was tired mentally and physically by the demanding director who put the blame on Brianna instead of the normal starlet. 

“As usual, I see.” The speedster took her in his arms and brought her with him into the bedroom where he proceeded to dust her bed and after a moment put her in it. 

She looked at him and pinched him on the waist, “Hey, Chill not every superhuman has endless stamina.” Realizing that she made an innuendo, Brie’s cheeks colored. 

Achilles wiggled his eyebrows and gave her a bright smile that made Brianna’s heart skip a beat, and her lady bit wet, but she shook her head to shake off the charismatic aura power that she was aware that the redheaded man possessed. Brianna was Achilles’ best friend and she was made aware of his powerset that she found... extensive; superspeed, almost limitless stamina, inertia manipulation even though he has already toughness, super strength and the power she has the most problems with: Allure.  

She had seen it happen when he was in that dark period of his life when they met, this aura made men respect him or fear him; women find him attractive and trust him easily. Strangely it takes more time to act on people who are wary of him from the start. Brianna was sharing this house with him for one year already and her resistance was already… waning. 

Achilles, thanks to his ancient human traits could smell and see her arousal with his synesthesia. However he chose to not act on it, the woman was already tired. He simply kissed her cheek and left the room, Brie thought that she was a goner if she didn’t get it together. 

*We are colleagues and occasionally fuck buddies, nothing serious, don’t get serious, Brie.* 

She put herself in her favorite sleeping position and closed her eyes. Not ready to face her feelings, she knew those will betray her sooner than later, but not today. Regarding Achilles, he was sorting the dirty laundry when he heard someone knock on the door carefully. He squinted his eyes letting his senses hear, taste and touch at the same time. A familiar heartbeat and breath made him zipp around to the door and open it to find his brother, Heracles in his black Phantasian armor, his face hidden by the glamour obscuring his face only showing his glowing green eyes. 

“Brother.” The speedster couldn’t believe that he came to him. 

The gravelly voice that Heracles used in his armored hero persona said, “Achilles.”  

Achilles laughed hard at the ridiculous display. “Why are you here? Did your wife throw you out as well?”  

Heracles knew he wouldn’t be received with open arms, but being laughed at was humiliating. 

“Can I enter, please? W-we must speak.” Heracles didn’t know how to face his brother, the man he trusted more than any other. 

The bad blood created by his wife had tested them and divided their bond more than anything; war, skirmish or women. Finally, it was a woman who made them separate in the end. 

Achilles’ face showed a disgusted scowl. “Ah, now you want to speak.” The man mocked his mountain of a brother. 

Heracles felt his heart stop when his brother said this; to try to justify everything the armored hero proceeded to use his trump card, “Achilles, I always call you three times a month, you never accept any of them. But you’ll always be my brother, you forced me to use… unusual methods to track you down and keep tabs on you.” 

It wasn’t fair, but Heracles was right he had never stopped trying to call him, he had even texted him to take holidays with the family; however, Achilles’ ego and anger got in the way of family. 

Shrugging his shoulders, Achilles looked his brother in the eyes. “I am still bitter about how everything happened. But your wife cursed me, Cles! We are supposed to be family, that shit isn’t supposed to happen.” 

“Achilles, you know that nothing is more important than Elissa, Malicia always reacts badly to anything that threatens her plans for the Princess; I cannot excuse her behavior, nor her methods but I would give my life to help Elissa realize her destiny. Did you forget our motto?” Heracles said eloquently, his tone was pleading and apologetic. 

It made Achilles ill at ease to see his brother having to lower himself so, despite himself he opened his mouth to say, ““Whatever it takes.”” The two brothers said in unison. 

They would do whatever they had to, to save Phantasia and its people. 

Sigh. “Fine, enter, but careful with your boots on the carpet.” 

“Huh, I am sorry.” Said Heracles once he was in the apartmen, noticing how dirty his boots were.

“Why are you here, now after all this time?” 

“Elissa has finally awakened her genetic memories, it’s almost time.” 

Achilles froze in place, turned to his brother and looked at him as if he was a ghost; a myriad of feelings showed on his face; hope, sadness, anger, resolve. He thought about Brianna and his job. This was what he had been waiting for, however, he felt empty. He felt uprooted, but still, he was ready. Achilles punched lightly the pectoral on his brother’s armor. 

“Whatever it takes.” The speedster said with resolve, tightening his fist. 

Heracles mimicked his action. “Yes, my brother.”

39