Chapter 3
775 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Chasing game

"S-system, I don't think I can run anymore." Li Bai gasped for air as he tried to maintain his speed.

Every time he slows down, there would be a taunting voice whispering near his ear but the creepy thing is, no one isn't even by his side. Li Bai is too afraid to look behind to see what kind of ferocious monster it is.

Agent 013 gritted his teeth, he glanced at Agent 016 who was by his side. As soon as the other nodded at him, he immediately opened one of the confidential file and activated the system store from the transmigration department.

"Listen to me, Li Bai. There's something you need to do for me to activate your cheat." Li Bai repeatedly agreed and prompted his system to make haste.

"—You must say, I'm the prettiest man in the world, three times." Agent 013 massaged his aching head as he read the system's newly updated open mechanism. Who...who meddled with the system's data again!?

The system agents from the transmigration department looked away.

Li Bai, who almost stumbled at those shameless words, didn't hesitate to open his mouth and yelled, "I-I'm the prettiest man in the world! I'm the prettiest man in the world! I'm the prettiest man in the world!"

The agents beside Agent 013, laughed when they heard Li Bai's shout but they immediately shut their mouth when the Main System issued a warning in their *wrist terminals.

[Wrist terminal is like a smart watch but functions as their identification tool and at the same time, system's monitoring device for agents]

Agent 013 quietly said his thanks to the Main System and the others quietly worked Li Bai's case. In any case, if Li Bai died, all of them would get penalized and the Main System would be unhappy.

As soon as the last word left his mouth, a strange refreshing energy filled his body. His muscles no longer ached and he started to pick up his pace again.

"Unlimited Body Streghtening activated to Number A13006388916, subject Li Bai. Happy shopping!" A mechanical voice stated in his mind. He internally celebrated as his survival rate boosted up.

However, his celebration was cutted short when an enchanting laugh entered his ears. The laugh was extremely different from the figure's dangerous voice. It was refreshing and melodious.

Even Li Bai, who doesn't have a voice fetish made him looked back, his mouth went ajar from the shock and his eyes widen as it locked on the strange figure.

Behind him is a highly attractive face, laughing hard as it clutched his stomach. The long muscular legs looked powerful enough to catch up to him but it seems that the laughing man is taking his time chasing him.

Li Bai forced himself to look away as he chatted excitedly to his family's agent, "System, a handsome male god is chasing me ah! I think my legs will turn jelly once I look again."

To which the system answered by, "Sure. Your handsome male god just squashed a human head and now it's chasing to kill you. Perfectly normal."

Li Bai pouted when Agent 013 poured a cold water on his delusions. But his system was not yet finish as it continued, "Also, you didn't need to shout it out. Whispering also works."

Hearing that he can whisper the embarrassing words earlier, he blushed hard and his speed increased from shame. The cheat that Agent 013 gave to him functioned perfectly. The handsome man chasing him never caught up and he felt like he could run for a year.

While the other agents looked up for information on Li Bai's current world, Agent 016 is busy finding data on the man chasing Li Bai.

Agent 016 let out a 'tsk' and reported to Agent 013, "Thirteen, the man chasing Li Bai is only using his 20% strength. Danger level is up to A. Immediately let Li Bai go to a safe area before it's too late."

[Danger level E-A then S-SSS as the highest level]

Agent 013 nodded and instructed Li Bai to the places he should go to shake off the man on his trail. Everyone can feel the atmosphere turning even more tense and the cheerful agents became serious.

The man can't be shaken off at all. Li Bai became annoyed at running for too long so he glanced behind him and shouted, "Handsome, why are you chasing me ah!?"

He didn't expect that the other would seriously answer him, "Isn't it because you ran before I could say anything?"

"..." But if I didn't run then you would kill me ah QwQ

The man was obviously amused by his words earlier. His chasing pattern also changed— he would sometimes match Li Bai's speed then would slow down again when he saw the panicked look on his face.

'This handsome guy got a problem on his head!' Li Bai thought that the man has no any intentions of catching him at all. Notifying his system that he wants to confront the guy. If he failed, he would just run to escape.

Despite his system's opposition, he stopped running and picked up his courage to start a conversation. Stuttering, "H-handsome, my n-name is Li Bai. I came here f-for peace."

"Oh? So polite." The man smiled and stopped running.

"Nice to meet you, *Xiao Bai. I'm 04." The man stood three meters away from him. The corner of his lips are raised, it was unknown where he got the sword in his left hand, but it was playfully being tossed by the man.

[*Xiao means Little, it can be used as endearment or to express intimacy or closeness. Also, 04 is read as Zero Four]

"..." Li Bai's eye twitched when the man no longer spoke. The nut job just stared at him while he looked away from awkwardness.

When he can't take the awkward silence anymore, he tried to communicate again, "Uh...*Gege, can you stop chasing me?"

[Gege– meaning big brother or older brother, doesn't mean biologically related]

The man unhesitantly said, "Sure", then started to walk away from him.

"..." Li Bai and the agents watching the scene are speechless as they watch the man's disappearing back.

Li Bai broke the silence first, "System, are all good looking people...easy to negotiate with?" If he had known that the handsome ancestor was easy to talk to, then he wouldn't even need to bloody run like that.

"..." His system agent ignored him as he sorted the information on his desk.

Looking at the highlighted sentence, he spoke to Li Bai, "The man earlier is one of the new human race called, 'Biàntài', that hunts on original humans like you."

"Li Bai, if that Biàntài was in bad mood. You would have died earlier like the one you saw in the room."

Agent 013 gestured for the other agents to go back to their rooms when the data was completed. The Main System issued green lights, blinking for few seconds to indicate that it was happy with their help.

Li Bai looked around the deserted area and decided to walk to the direction where the system prompted him.

"Agent 013, are they really dangerous? That man didn't have the intention to hurt me at all." Due to his bias for appearances, he felt that all good looking people are good.

The system let out a cold snort, "Didn't I told you that it's in good mood? Also, according to this world's data, Biàntài are carnivores and highly prefers human meat. If the man wants, he would eat you."

It was unknown whether Li Bai understood what the system meant when the foolish man turned red. Agent 013 became suspicious and asked, "What's wrong with what I said?"

Li Bai hesitated, "That...would he really e-eat me?"

"En." The system agreed.

"..." The redness on Li Bai's face increased and Agent 013 felt like he can't take it anymore.

"It's not the eat you are thinking about. It's eat as in chewing your flesh and drinking your blood."

"..." Looking at Li Bai's pale face. The system smiled in relief and continued to scold him for not listening.

Annoying facecon.

--------------
Author:

For the innocent readers, Li Bai though that 'eat' means 'being sexually taken advantage of' or 's*x' that's why Agent 013 clarified what he said.

Main System is a good system and all system agents are good systems too. If not, Main System would cry and flood their office rooms.

27