Chapter 4
794 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: General Xiang Lian Jun

"Cease fire!"

The green uniformed men put down their guns and retreated to their general's side. Dusts cleared out and an empty battlefield was seen.

Seeing that the Biàntài they were battling earlier had already retreated and the bodies that were once sprawled all over the place were not there anymore. A soldier broke down in tears while the rest looked at the red sky.

The enemies got the bodies again before they could. Although they were used to this, they still felt sad at their unfortunate comrades.

"Search for any survivors in the area. Go back after three hours." The General commanded as all of them dispersed in different directions.

Coincidentally, the place where the man searched is the place where Li Bai is.

When Li Bai saw the man's face, he once again frozen on the spot, his mind turning foolish in every second.

The general's face rivalled the Biàntài he met earlier, in fact, this man's face is more attractive than the other. The masculinity oozed out unconsciously with his chiseled jaw, his passionate narrowed eyes and a gentle smile. The man's muscular body created a sense of comfort and security.

Agent 013 heard Li Bai's thoughts and once again massaged his temple. How can this man be so stupid in front of good looking faces ah!?

"-ello? Are you hurt? Can you hear me?" A warm palm touched his cheeks, the rough skin felt good and comfortable. The pair of hands lightly patted him a couple of times.

"Hold on to me." Since Li Bai did not responded, the man thought that he was still shocked and decisively carried him.

"Ah!?" Li Bai snapped out and held tight on the man's neck. The general saw his startled face and laughed at his cuteness.

"System, system! This male god is princess carrying me! *This old man can die happily now." While Li Bai was excitedly chatting with his system, he remained quiet on the outside.

[*This old man- Li Bai is referring to himself. Remember that he was once an old man.]

The man saw how obedient and small Li Bai looked on his arms. His smile turning bigger, "I'm Xiang Lian Jun, General of the Revelation Army. I shall bring you to a safer place. Blink twice if you understand me."

Li Bai obediently blinked twice and behavedly leaned on General Xiang's chest. His body can feel the man's hard muscles, the foolish Li Bai turned red once again.

"Li Bai can you just behave yourself for once?" Agent 013 said while he summarized the information the agents gathered.

Exposed by the system, "I'm behaved ah! I'm not even doing anything."

Agent 013 ignored him and observed the General. The man looked like any valient soldiers that he knew. However, something about him bother's the system badly.

The two men reached the army vehicle. Some soldiers are already there and the others can be seen from afar. Li Bai thought that the General would let him sit there but the man didn't move him.

General Xiang sat him on his lap, while Li Bai turned stiff from their position, the soldiers present didn't even looked at him.

The man felt Li Bai's uneasiness, he reached out and hooked his arm on Li Bai's waist to hold him closer. He cleared his throat and explained, "We lost the other vehicles and could only cram here. This is to let us save space."

Li Bai nodded and looked down, not letting the others see his blushing face. It was already dark when the other soldiers came back, some of them also put the few survivors on their laps.

During the ride, all of them are extremely quiet and tense but the Li Bai felt especially secured on the man's arms.

Agent 013 looked at Li Bai's sleepy face and said, "Li Bai, you already know that it's not your contract. Why did you accept it?"

Li Bai thought for a while before saying, "Actually, I thought the contract was strange but something inside my head is telling me to accept it. It feels like I would regret it if I reject it."

"...I see." The agent sent Li Bai's answer to the Main System. Seeing the yellow blinks, it seems that the Main System was at lost too. But since they are already at this point, all they have to do is to let Li Bai go back safely.

"I'll explain your situation now so listen first. Don't sleep on me." Li Bai nodded as his eyes lidded in sleepiness.

Doubting that the man would listen until the end, Agent 013 started to speak. "Just like what you have read in your novels, this world also had a child of fate. However, the child of fate is the world itself, the Earth."

The Earth is a living planet that gave birth to living organisms. When her first children died from the meteor shower, she gave birth to another set of creatures- the current modern animals and also, her favorite children, the humans.

However, due to humans growing independence to nature, the natural connection between the Earth and humans was weakened. The gentle Earth tried to express her emotions— natural disasters when she's angry and bountiful resources when she's happy.

Until ten years ago, the humans started a war on each other. Most of the creatures turned extinct and the desperate human race turned their backs to nature and then focused on technological advancement.

The Earth was completely angered at her children's inhumane attitude. She retaliated by sending earthquakes, hurricanes, and volcanic eruptions for 10 days and 10 nights. During the chaos, a humongous tree sprouted out. It was so huge that every country can see it. Using the tree, the Earth earned the ability to speak.

"Repent and you will be forgiven for I, the Mother who gave life, has risen to struck destruction on human race." This was the words that the Earth first and lastly spoke. The tree was later on called as Mother.

The world leaders gathered together in temporary peace, their prideful countenance blinded them from interpreting the Mother's words. All of them reached a decision, in order to appease the Mother, they need to sacrifice the best and highly gifted humans in their country.

Nine years ago, the world leaders captured 10,000 individuals that are deemed exceptionally genius and pushed them to the volcano's mouth after the main church's holy ritual.

Ten days later, the tree exuded a bright light- The start of Metamorphosis. The light lasted for seven days and there were no nights. The warm light was gentle and if stared at, will refresh their body and soul. The Church delivered a message that it's a sign that the Earth is satisfied with their offering.

[Metamorphosis meaning, a change of physical form, structure, or substance especially by supernatural means.]

However, the humans were once again frightened to death when the 10,000 sacrificed humans were found reborn in the Mother tree's roots.

They possess a human appearance but their strength and abilities are monstrous. According the government, these people are called 'Biàntài'. Biàntài are not capable of any human feelings. Therefore, any emotions expressed by them are just an act of deceit.

It was also said that the Mother gave them a mission to annihilate the original human race.

"The new humans are perceived as carnivores. There was a popular rumor that the reason why they collect human bodies is because of their meat." Agent 013 can't risk any possibility of harm to Li Bai so he decided that they should still regard it as a factual data.

"Li Bai, this contract should've been mine. The mission given by the Main System is to save this world. However, since you accepted it. I will do my best to help you. I promise that." Agent 013 stopped talking when he saw that Li Bai fell asleep.

Li Bai felt cold and unconsciously drilled himself closer to the General's body. The man laughed softly and leaned back his body to let Li Bai sleep comfortably.

Agent 013 was too busy reporting to the Main System. He didn't noticed that after Xiang Lian Jun hugged Li Bai closer, the danger level rose to SS.

--------------
Question: I'm sorry. Is the information too much to handle or is it bearable?

26