Chapter 5
729 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Identification Unknown

"Thirteen, what happened to the Main System? My office has been fucking leaking for hours." Agent 016 entered the man's office without warning.

Materializing a soda, he took a big gulp and looked at Agent 013's busy body. The man himself didn't reprimanded him for being rude nor nag him about the soda in his hands. Looks like Li Bai's case is a bigger problem than they thought.

Agent 013 opened his mouth without looking at him, "Isn't the Main System like that every time it's sad or upset? Just make give it some sweets and your office will be let off."

Agent 016 recalled all the memories he had when he tried to bully the Main System when he was newly recruited, "Tsk, for a bunch of data, it is sure pretty handful and annoying."

The man's terminal turned red and water poured out above his head, drenching his clothes completely. Clearly, the Main System heard him.

Agent 016 didn't bother and patted himself with a dry towel, "Anyways, isn't that world broken? I remembered that the Main System gave you that contract so you can lessen your punishment."

"...I know." However, there's something more than that. A secret that only he and the Main System shared even before he was recruited to be a system agent.

"It's odd since the Main System can restrict subject Li Bai's entrance to that world." Agent 013 paused and remembered the Main System's confused emotion to when he reported what Li Bai said.

'—something inside my head is telling me to accept it. It feels like I would regret it if I reject it.'

"Feeling of regret, huh..." Li Bai didn't know how dangerous his situation is but he accepted it because of the fear of regret. Back then, if he also accepted it, would he no longer be filled with regret?

Agent 016 dozed off in his seat, the fluffy towel draped on his body. Another colleague entered his room, it was Agent 036 from the transmigration department.

"Oh? Someone is slacking off?" The man went to Agent 016's side and poked the man's cheeks.

Agent 013 could not help but to say, "Could you two learn some manners and proper conduct? Stop barging in my room without knocking."

Agent 036 'hehed' and threw him a microchip, "Stuck up as always, that's the free access for the system store. The transmigration department said that don't squander too much."

'I'm not you.' Agent 013 rolled his eyes and ignored the two dork's presence.

Meanwhile on Li Bai's side, he was currently stuck like a koala on General Xiang's body. The man himself didn't fixed it and just let him clutch as he like.

The soldiers looked at each other, all gesturing for the other to speak to the general until it was the youngest was forced by his seniors to speak, "Ge-General, would you like me to hold the boy for you?"

The soldiers went stiff went Xiang Lian Jun swept a glance at them and smiled, "No need." Since the general himself said there's no need, the soldiers no longer bothered him.

It was known that although the General was the easy-going type, he would turn unsociable whenever he's in bad mood or serious.

Their battle with the new humans created a huge lost the general and the only surviving soldiers are in this vehicle. That is why, they subconsciously feared the general more today.

However, the boy who was drooling on the general's uniform seemed to not sense fear at all. They really admired this type of foolishness.

The boy, Li Bai, was startled awake by a honking sound. When he opened his blurry eyes, a big thumb touched the corners of his eyes and helped him rubbed it.

The soldiers pretended that they did not see the general's serious look when he rubbed the boy's face.

Li Bai let out a small thanks after letting out a yawn, causing the words to come out as, "Thanksh". The system watched all of this unfolded and could not help but to face palm.

The vehicle stopped in front of a big metal gate, beside them are tents and people lining up. The soldiers carried the survivors since they are injured but Li Bai is unscathed so he struggled lightly in General Xiang's arms.

When he had somehow wriggled himself out of the man's embrace, he stood up and followed where the soldiers are going.

They didn't notice the General looking at his empty hands, his brows are knitted and his entire being releasing a gloomy feeling.

"General Xiang, hurry up." The man looked outside and saw Li Bai came back, waiting outside the vehicle. General Xiang's dark aura diminished and followed Li Bai.

Li Bai was supposed to line up with the other soldier's when General Xiang suddenly pulled him to another lane. The sign above read as, 'VIP' but Li Bai wasn't anything like that at all. But the man was insistent that he should line up here.

"System, why do I think that this man is especially cute." Agent 013 ignored him and zoomed it at the front of the line. As expected, it's an identification machine. Li Bai is not part of this world so that would be a problem.

But it was already Li Bai's turn and Agent 013 is not able to act fast. The machine issued a red light causing the people around them to look over. Just as Agent 013 was about to speak, General Xiang stepped in and clicked something, the red light flickered to green.

A military personnel saluted to Xiang Lian Jun and escorted them to a building. Li Bai stayed quiet the entire time because of nervousness. There were soldiers everywhere and when they heard about his issue, they only expressed astonishment.

A man with glasses entered the room with a clipboard in hand, he saluted to Xiang Lian Jun before setting an amused look to Li Bai.

"If the identification machine didn't activate the gun system, I would have thought that you're a new human." The glasses man spun his pen and gestured for him to seat in front.

"Where the hell did you pick him up. Xiang Xiang?" The man is obviously close to Xiang Lian Jun, the pet name sounds adorable but the man himself, still in bad mood, didn't look anything adorable.

General Xiang grumpily answered, "Picked up somewhere."

"Pfft, okay. Little boy, my name is Mu Cheng. You can call me Uncle Mu. Can you tell uncle your name?" Li Bai grew confused. Little boy? Was he referring to him?

Letting out a bunch of '???' to the system. Agent 013 let out a 'tsk'. He forgot to tell Li Bai that he did not retained his old body.

"Since this world is quiet special, it has requirements to be met and one of it is that you should be physically capable to fight."

"—Since your body is old, the world adjusted your body to the time where you are at the peak of your strength." Agent 013 told him that his body reverted back to 23 years old.

'But being treated as little boy is too much! I'm 23 and adult!' Li Bai secretly thought. But he really does look like a kid.

"I'm Li Bai." The Mu Cheng scribbled his name and hummed.

"Then, Bai Bai, it's quite peculiar that you don't have any information nor any traces of living. It's like you just pop out of nowhere." The temperature on the room suddenly dropped. The glasses man shivered and decided to casually change the topic before General Xiang beat him up.

"How old are you and where do you live?" Li Bai didn't noticed the change in tone from Mu Cheng nor the general's strange mood swings.

"23 years old—"

And the Mu Cheng retorted, "I doubt that you're 23 so I'm writing 18 here." causing Li Bai to pout.

Agent 013 quickly said, "Say that you don't remember anything."

"—I don't remember anything." The glasses man nodded and patted his head in comfort.

Xiang Lian Jun stared at his hands, the man quickly retrieved his hand to avoid his friend's wrath, "No identity nor memories. However, you would have a hard time living here in the human base with that condition."

General Xiang butted in, "He's living with me."

Glasses man 'ooh-ed' and wriggled his eyebrows to the man, "What's this~ I smell gossip!"

"If you let me beat you up then I'll tell you gossip." If Xiang Lian Jun is in good mood, he would have go with the flow and throw a flirty remark but that's not the case today.

"So violent." Xiang Lian Jun didn't answer. He gently pulled Li Bai out and then rudely shut the door on Mu Cheng's face.

Writing Xiang Lian Jun's name as Li Bai's guardian, Mu Cheng glared at the slightly cracked door, "Tsk, bipolar playboy."

-------------------
Small theater:
-------------------

Li Bai: System, I'm not yet ready. I'm quiet conservative ah.

Agent 013: What do you mean?

Li Bai: The male god wants me to live with him. Living together without marriage. I'm starting to get shy.

Agent 013: ...

Agent 013: Fuck off.

28