Chapter 7
701 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Main task, Side-task, and Minor task

Xiang Lian Jun woke up early and cooked breakfast. He didn't wait for Li Bai to wake up before leaving the house. A lone note was pasted on the bedroom's door.

"I will come back at night. You are free to roam around the base but don't go outside the base walls."

True enough, the man was gone when Li Bai went down. The breakfast is still warm on the table.

There's another note beside the plate saying, "If you want to go out, bring a gun with you. It's on the living room."

"System, I don't know how to use guns." Xiang Lian Jun must have thought that the youth knew how to use guns since every civilians are armed.

Agent 013 looked at the system store and said, "Don't worry, there's a skill set at the system store."

Even if you don't know how to cook eggs, if you have a skill set, you can beat Gordon Ramsay.

"Buy, buy, buy!" Li Bai wasn't transported in this world in transmigration department, that is why he can't see the system store. However, since Agent 013 has an access, he can only rely on his system.

But that doesn't mean he can't do tasks, "The 20 points 'Body Strengthening' decreased your 30 free points to 10. The level 1 guns skill set costs 50 points."

Li Bai let out a sad whimper, "It's like those transmigration novels ah. Do I also have tasks?"

"Naturally." Agent 013 clicked the world's data and looked over, "Saving the world is your main task but you still have many side-tasks and minor tasks. You can also trigger hidden tasks if you are lucky but those are hard to find."

Li Bai thought for a while, "What is the difference between side-tasks and minor tasks?"

Looking at the information that Agent 036 gave him, "Side-tasks are branched out from your main tasks while minor tasks are like bonus points. You can choose to ignore doing the minor tasks but you are required to do the side-tasks."

"Side-tasks gives more points than minor tasks." Agent 013 scrolled through the system store and saw the defense mechanism skill set, he added it to the cart but didn't purchase it yet since it costs 100 points.

"Then let's do the side-tasks first." Li Bai stretched out and washed the dishes. He noticed that the water flow is slow but not too little. The base also minimizing the water distribution for longer use of their water source.

"We need 40 points for the skill set. The side-task is to collect true information." Li Bai dried his hands and frowned. True information? What does it even mean?

"As I thought.", Agent 013 said.

Li Bai raised his brow, "Are you hiding something from me?"

The system denied, "No, I plan on telling you later but I think I should tell you now."

"I noticed that the information we have are not completed, or worse, it is manipulated. Broken worlds such as this are commonly subjected to wrong world information." That is why its better to send of system agents rather than normal human being like Li Bai.

"For now, keep the gun. It would at least swerve away some pests from troubling you." Li Bai hummed in agreement and grabbed the handgun. As a person who never touched one, the common gun feels heavy for Li Bai.

"Ai, I want to hurry and buy the skill set so I can show Xiang Xiang my cool side~" Li Bai happily skipped outside the house and strolled in the streets.

'What cool side? That's full of bullshit', the system thought.

Li Bai walked for hours, sometimes he stops at shops and then walk away while sobbing since he forgot to borrow money from Xiang Lian Jun. Except for everyone holding weapons and military soldiers patrolling everywhere, the whole place looks like any ordinary cities.

"Bai Bai~" an annoying voice appeared beside his ear.

Li Bai was startled and accidentally stumbled, thankfully he caught himself in time or else he'll kiss the floor.

Mu Cheng snickered and rubbed his hair, "How's your night with Xiang Xiang? Hurry and tell Uncle Mu."

'This perverted old man— Wait, I'm technically older than him since I'm originally 50.' Li Bai rolled his eyes at the smiling man. Seeing that Mu Cheng looks like he needs beating, he ignored him and started walking away.

"Oh~ don't be so cold to me, Little Bai. How about I tell you something about Xiang Xiang?" Li Bai stopped.

Mu Cheng smirked and teased him, "Accompany your Uncle Mu to the cafe then I'll tell you about him."

In the end, Li Bai followed the man to an expensive cafe. His face showed his dissatisfaction at the rich Mu Cheng.

"It was unknown how Xiang Xiang became a high rank military general but his performance is top notch. I only got to know him 7 years ago when I was just 16 years old." Mu Cheng ordered both of them a strawberry cake and sat near the windows.

"You worked as a teenager?" Li Bai was amazed since Mu Cheng looked like he's good for nothing.

Mu Cheng seemed to read his thoughts, "I may look carefree but I'm actually a genius. I'm working as a scientist and a military doctor at the same time."

Li Bai gave some praises in which the man childishly took as his head turned up from pride.

"Xiang Xiang is kind of weird though, his face remained the same. He didn't seem to grow old. He looks just like the first time I met him." Mu Cheng's gaze deepen as he reminded his past.

"Although, Xiang Xiang looks serious. He's actually playful and sometimes have dirty mouth. He's just not in the mood this week since his soldiers are quickly decreasing from the Biàntài's consecutive attacks." The man sighed as he took their cakes from the waitress. He gave a wink to the lady and the woman blushed.

"Actually, Xiang Xiang is a playboy ah. He has different boyfriends and girlfriends every month. Bai Bai should be careful." Li Bai gave him a middle finger inside his heart.

I saw you flirting with the waitress, you bastard.

This guys loves to talk behind his friends! Li Bai thought, 'But Xiang Lian Jun seemed to treat me like his son ah!'

Mu Cheng took a bite on his strawberry cake and continued, "But Xiang Xiang went by to my office earlier. When he came back at night, he would discuss some adoption letters with you. Looks like he's planning to make you his son."

Agent 013 snickered, finding Li Bai's downcast face funny. Mu Cheng was also thinking the same and also started to laugh.

"That's okay~ Bai Bai can become my lover. What do you say?" Mu Cheng teasingly poked Li Bai's scrunched nose and the latter glared at him.

Li Bai snorted, "I didn't know Uncle Mu likes minor boys ah."

"..." Mu Cheng was just kidding but being rejected like this is still painful.

Mu Cheng coughed and said, "I was just playing with you. Don't call me Uncle anymore. I'm just 23 years old."

"Okay, Uncle Mu Cheng." the latter said while smiling.

"..." It's his fault, isn't it?

The two of them said good byes after eating their cakes. Li Bai strolled away and walked near the city border where the metal walls are erected.

The walls are high as fifth floor, it probably took years before it was finished. The shadow casted by the walls created a feeling of being caged and security from the outside.

Suddenly, the danger level rose up to A. Agent 013 quickly notified Li Bai, "Li Bai quickly hide!"

But the houses is too far and there is no where to hide. Li Bai started to run but he bumped into someone's chest.

The man didn't flinched nor moved by the impact but Li Bai was pulled away from the collision.

Li Bai raged, 'What the fuck is wrong with me and why do I keep on wanting to kiss the ground!?'

Just as his face went down to the dirty soil, a strong arm hooked on his waist.
The man pulled him and and patted his clothes.

"Xiao Bai, look at where you going. I don't want you to get hurt~" the familiar voice sounded above. Li Bai looked up and was shocked stiff.

"0-04!?" Isn't this guy a Biàntài? How come he's inside the base!?

04 smiled and leaned down. Since Li Bai didn't move, the man's lips touched his forehead.

Seeing Li Bai's frozen state, 04 grinned and said, "I was looking for you."

"Xiao Bai, I missed you."

"..." Don't say that with your handsome face QwQ

Agent 013 was about to click 'teleport' for Li Bai when the side-tasks glowed and another words appeared.

"Collect true information about Biàntài and the human government. 30 points per data collected." The glowing task box appeared on top of 04 head. Li Bai saw the task box and cried internally.

'*Ying, ying, ying! I don't want to get eaten ah!' Li Bai thought and looked at the still smiling man infront.

(*ying is a sound of crying. It's the same with 'wuwuwu'.)

The man ignored Li Bai's obvious show of fear and said,

"Xiao Bai, did you miss me too?"

----------------
Small theater
----------------

Xiang Lian Jun: I want you to be my son.

Li Bai: Okay, daddy~

04: Xiao Bai, did you miss me~?

Li Bai: *shivers* M-miss you to death.

04: *happy noises*

Xiang Lian Jun: *angry noises*

Agent 013: ...bunch of idiots.

22