Chapter 8
674 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: Date with 04

Li Bai gulped down nervously. Should he honestly say that he didn't miss this handsome Biàntài at all or should he lie?

04's smile didn't falter as he waited for Li Bai's response. His smile was particularly gentle but his impatient hand caressed his sword which says otherwise.

"System, will I die if I say no?" Li Bai sought help to his system.

Agent 013 analyzed 04's expression and said, "I can't read him at all."

Li Bai had no choice but to stutter, "I also m-missed you."

The man released his grip on the swords's handle and then reached out for Li Bai's hand, "That's great."

"Xiao Bai, let's have a date outside~"

04 hoisted Li Bai up and easily carried him on his arms. Li Bai was startled by the sudden movement, he held the mans shoulders.

"H-how can we go outside?" Li Bai looked around and found no people around their area.

The man chuckled, "Go over the walls."

"Go over what?" 04 laughed at Li Bai's widened eyes.

He didn't answer the other and looked up at the high walls. The man took his stance, Li Bai forgot to breath when 04 suddenly jumped.

"A-Aaaaaah!? D-don't let me down!" Li Bai clung tighter and closed his eyes as the both of them went above the ground.

"Xiao Bai, you're strangling me." 04 teased him.

The jump is too unimaginable. Li Bai underestimated Biàntài's prowess and was overwhelmed with both amazement and fear from the display of power.

04 landed softly on the other side and proceeded to run away from the base. Although their area didn't have patrol guards, the military is stricter outside the walls. He can't risk being seen with the youth.

Li Bai didn't open his eyes throughout the way. It is almost an hour before the man stopped running.

04 called his name in soft tone.

"Open your eyes, Xiao Bai."

In front of them is a sea of clouds, the migrating birds are playfully dancing in the sky, they are currently standing by the edge of the cliff.

Li Bai stepped back due to his fear of heights. 04 quickly grabbed the youth's waist to stabilize him.

"0-04, where are we?" He forced himself to look at the flying birds as he let the man hug him from behind.

"Somewhere, far away from humans." The man replied curtly.

Li Bai poked the system and asked him, Agent 013 answered, "This land was once a country named, Philippines."

"Once? What happened?" Li Bai didn't thought that the system will answer him. Since the man did not talk, he would just chat with Agent 013 first.

"They abandoned it after the consequent volcanic eruption, 10 years ago. This land is actually full of resources but the country's government wasn't able to use it due to excessive corruption."

Li Bai 'oh-ed' and didn't talk anymore. Corruption isn't something shocking. Many countries suffered from bad administration.

A small brown bird landed on Li Bai's hands. The bird felt that the palm I particularly warm and thought that it could nest there, it cutely rubbed itself on the youth's hand causing him to giggle.

Suddenly, a loud grumbling sounded in Li Bai's stomach. Li Bai internally gave a middle finger to 04 when the man laughed hard, thinking that 04 is not considerate to his 'delicate' feelings.

04 took something behind him and suddenly, a box of cookies appeared in Li Bai's hand.

"Biàntài's like sweets." 04 suddenly said.

'Ping!' A notification sound rang on Li Bai's head. Agent 013 opened it and saw that they had gained 30 points.

"This...is considered an information?" Li Bai was confused at the easy harvested points from the seemingly useless data.

Agent 03 was enlightened, "Li Bai, ask him a lot of questions so we can gain a lot of points."

Li Bai opposed,"No, what if he gets annoyed and decided to eat me?"

"Then ask a little today. If he take you out again, harvest another points." The system coaxed.

Li Bai agreed and ate the cookies given by 04. When he looked down to the bird, it was already gone.

However, he didn't noticed that 04 grabbed the bird and flung it hard to the stones behind. The poor bird was squashed by the collision but it came unnoticed to the oblivious Li Bai.

"04, are all Biàntài's are named after numbers?" Li Bai asked as he ate the cookie he wanted to give to the missing bird.

The man shook his head and said, "We have our named but numbers are easy to say and remember."

Hearing the notification sound, Li Bai became excited at the things he can buy after gaining points.

"Why numbers?"

"Biàntàis are ranked from 01 as the strongest and 10,000 as the weakest. But it doesn't mean that the last one is weak, we are definitely stronger than humans." Li Bai suddenly felt his throat run dry. If Biàntàis are ranked based in their strength then this guy behind him...

04 felt his gaze so he stared back at the youth. Li Bai looked away when the man grinned at him.

Out of all the Biàntài's he had to encounter, it's the one with the highest rank QwQ

"Don't worry, I won't do anything to you." The man put his head on Li Bai's shoulder causing him to flinch.

"W-why?"

04 smiled, "Because I felt that we are compatible."

'Ping!' Another notification sound appeared but it came with another task. Agent 013 was shocked as ge read the text, 'H-hidden task!?'

"System, what's the matter?"

"...you triggered as hidden task. It says, Find out what is Adam and Eve Companionship."

'What the heck is Adam and Eve Companionship?' Li Bai's eye twitched in annoyance. He was scared just from gathering information from the handsome Biàntài and now he had triggered the rare hidden task. So hateful!

When Li Bai is currently ranting to his system, 04's face went to the side and pecked the youth's cheek. Li Bai, who was questioning his existence as a food, blushed hard at the man's sudden kiss.

"—I also think you look cuter than any other humans."

"System, I think he's trying to eat me in his mind."

But Agent 013 is confident that the man won't eat him, "He won't eat you."

"Why?"

"He said you're cute. Would you eat your cute pet?" Li Bai thought for a while and said no.

'So, I'm just a pet.' QwQ

04 laughed at the youth's stupefied blushing face. After his laughing fit, he took Li Bai's hand and kissed it.

"I'm number 04, my name is Kai Feng. Call me Feng Gege in the future."

Li Bai nodded and muttered the man's name. After the words left his lips, the man smiled and his whole body radiated a happy aura. If 04 had filters, his background would have flowers and hearts flying everywhere.

Both the stupid human and the system were unaware of the reason why 04, Kai Feng was so happy about Li Bai calling his name.

Li Bai stared at the beaming face and found himself unable to look away. Just as he was about to fell in love with the Kai Feng's face, the man suddenly said something that chilled his heart, "I'm so happy you agreed to go out with me. If you didn't say that you missed me or rejected my invitation..."

"—I could've slashed your throat open with my favorite sword so no one can take you away from me~"

26