Chapter 11
585 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: Corpse Party

Unlike before, Li Bai already possesses the Unlimited Body Strengthening item so running away from the group of Biantai is pretty easy. However, being chased by these rumored human eating race is nerve-wracking as it is.

Li Bai turned far away from Xiang Lian Jun's location; one, because he currently hates the man; two, because he didn't want to cause additional troubles to Lian Jun's soldiers. The group of Biantai consists of two women and four men− each of them has a unique charm but inferior to Kai Feng and Xiang Lian Jun's looks.

The men hollered and laughed at Li Bai, teasing him to run faster while the two pretty females are coaxing him to stop running. Li Bai rolled his eyes, 'stop your sister!'*¹

One woman scolded them, "Stop scaring him!"

Li Bai poked his system, "Hey, why do I think that they look weaker than Kai Feng?"

"The current danger level is level A. It is highly possible that the weaker Biantais group together to increase their fighting value. I recommend dispersing their group before escaping."  Li Bai grunted in response and went to the nearby mountain. 

The mountain is actually a former mining area but the trees already grew around it. Going straight to the mining entrance, the path became more darker as he ran further inside. Li Bai squinted as he tried to figure out the way through the dark.

One thing Li Bai wants to thank the heavens is his good vision, he barely use his cellphone and prefer radios back in his time. The cave is humid and there are occasional puddles on the ground. As his vision slowly adapted to the dark, Li Bai saw three paths and didn't know what way to take.

"System, what way should I take?"

"Up to you." Anyway, all three paths are similarly complex, it doesn't matter what will Li Bai pick. Agent 013 looked at the mine's map and saw that one of the end is blocked. The system thought for a while and figured that Li Bai isn't that unlucky to go to that blocked exit from all fifteen exits.

Li Bai picked the left path after doing 'eenie meenie'. He looked back and saw that there are only four Biantai that was chasing him, thinking that the other two took the two remaining path, It is better than all of them coming together after him.

The walls are turning more and more narrow, he can hear the Biantais arguing behind him when they hit each other. Li Bai remembered that the system said that any emotions or expressions made by the Biantai race are just an act of deception but these group are very childish and loud. Maybe it only applies to the stronger Biantais?

Li Bai shookt his head and focused, the path is approximately one meter wide and two meters in height. It made things harder for the group to get him since they are taller and bigger built than Li Bai. The soil smelt rusty, like a mixture of iron and mud. Its nauseating smell intensified by the humidity of the cave.

Getting highly suspicious, Li Bai touched the wet wall and took a sniff. It really...smells like blood!

"Damn, these humans are really heartless and they called us the monsters?" The sound echoed but Li Bai knew he's in a safe distance but he frowned at the Biantai's statement. Did they know something?

Li Bai suddenly stumbled, his hands went forward to take his fall. He was on his knees when he came face to face with a mangled face infested with maggots. The youth's face turned white as a paper, he quickly sat up and covered his mouth, restraining his scream from coming out.

 In front of him are small peaks of dead bodies, the whole place is drenched with blood and swarmed with flies and maggots. Li Bai looked around and saw that the three pathways are connected to this place. The domed shaped place is the center of this mining field, it turned out to be a dumping place for dead people.

When he heard the footsteps getting near, he took a deep breath and suppressed his urge to vomit. There are five pathways by the dome, Li Bai went straight to the middle and didn't looked back.

"System, system..." The youth's eyes turned red, his body trembled but his feet didn't stop running. The path is more frightening than the last one, different appendages are sticking out of the walls, sometimes there are maggots falling in his body. The whole place is like hell itself and Li Bai almost had a breakdown.

Li Bai repeatedly called Agent 013 but only the static noise answered him.

'System, you jerk! QwQ'

Meanwhile, the group of Biantai paused by the dome. One of them, with a mark of 8,023 on his nape, took one of the corpse's head and frowned, "This people are not yet dead when they are left here."

The two Biantai who went to the other path caught up to them and joined in the inspection. Most of the bodies had their legs broken while the rest of the corpses had their arms and legs sawed off.

The walls of the dome are dripping with blood. Above the pathways are more mangled bodies that are more unrecognizable than the one piled up inside the dome.

The piled bodies are there for a week while the flesh by the walls are only two days ago. The maggots are crawling up to the ceiling where organs are mashed up due to some reason.

A man with a number 500 on his wrist stood up and said, "I'll report it to the elites. The rest of you, follow the child and make sure to get him safely."

"Roger." The group dashed to the middle where Li Bai had gone off.

------------
Author: I will just put the explanation here at the end from now own.

[*¹your sister!— the same as 'your mother!' a slang curse that sometimes mean to give the 'offensive statement' back to the speaker. Example, when somebody said something offensive like "you're dumb", you will reply as "dumb your sister!"

But sometimes it also means to 'evoke' or to 'oppose' what the speaker said to you.]

17