Chapter 12
570 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: System Agent 36

Agent 03 slammed his desk in anger, "Main System, what is the meaning of this!?"

The Main System ringed out series of, 'ying, ying, ying'*¹ as it rolled its round body in the air above Agent 013. It forcibly disconnected the agent to Li Bai and then acted pitiful when the man got angry.

The agent system rubbed his aching forehead, he can never communicate properly with this childish boss of his. If not for his wish, he would also resign like what Agent 01 up to 012 did when he was just newly recruited.

Forcefully calming himself, "Don't cry anymore, I'm not angry."

The fluffy ball stopped crying and issued yellow blinks, "The jade emperor wants to meet you." it said on a notification box.

Agent 013 was shocked. The jade emperor is the biggest boss in the celestial realm. He is just a puny worker from the underworld, what need for the big boss to call for him?

"It concerns Li Bai and you.", said the Main System as it perched on the agent's head. "I will accompany you there~"

'You just want to slack off.' The man didn't swatted the fluff ball. He went to his contacts and summoned Agent 036 from the Transmigration Department.

"Roll away from Laozhi*², you pervert!" Agent 016's voice can be heard outside his office.

"Ah, hit me gently~" The two agents, 036 and 016, dilly dallied for a while until Agent 013 went outside of his office and looked at them.

"Finished flirting?"

Agent 036 coughed, "Alright, I'll go there now."

Squeezing Agent 016's waist for the last time, Agent 036 bolted inside the office and left the two agents outside. As to why he was temporarily handling Li Bai, he didn't have any clues but remembering Li Bai's cute face, he didn't mind giving 'special service'.

Li Bai is currently trying to dodge the Biantai that had caught up to him. When he went to the right path where there are no limbs sticking out, he surprisingly met one of the Biantai so he once again picked up his pace.

"Ehem, Subject Li Bai?" A new voice sounded in his mind. Li Bai was momentarily confused but the other introduced himself quickly.

"I'm System Agent 036 from the Transmigration Department! I will be assisting you temporarily~"

Li Bai twisted the arm that had grabbed him and then went to the other path, leaving the Biantai on the floor. He hurriedly talked to the new agent, "System 036, help me shake these people off!"

The system said, "En, en. Relax."

Agent 036 opened a bag of sunflower seeds and started munching, "Go to the right path then you'll see a small hole on it's wall. Crawl there since your small frame can only got there."

Hearing a munching sounds from the system, Li Bai secretly misses his cold system. He hoped that this carefree system will not pit him.

The distance between him and the Biantai can buy him enough time to crawl on the small hole. To Li Bai's relief, the hole is dry and easy to crawl in.

Standing up, he looked around and observed that this dirt path looks wider and has many things that miners use like crates of stones.

Li Bai can hide in the crates but he was worried that the Biantais will find him so he ran to the path where a railing was installed. There are picks and debris scattered on the ground, besides from the skeleton lying beside a big rock, there are no bloody mess inside.

It wasn't long before Li Bai can hear their footsteps so he ran to the nearest path. Li Bai has been running for three full hours and he might not be physically tired, but his mental status shows small fluctuations from distress.

"Little boy, we don't mean harm!" One of the woman said as Li Bai looked back. Li Bai can see that they are slowly losing their strength.

'If he can just shoot them dead—' Li Bai perked up and patted his side. He actually forgot that he is armed! Although he only had one magazine, it should be enough to injure at least some of them.

"System, help me, help me!" Li Bai aimed and one of the men's leg was shot, causing it to stumble.

"Okay, calm down. I got this."

Agent 036 prompted, "Secret passage, 9 o' clock. Shoot one of the pillars so it would block the entrance."

Dashing to the left, Li Bai shot one of pillars and the stones rolled down the narrow entrance. Li Bai looked ahead and saw a light from the end.

Emitting a small cry of joy, Li Bai increased his speed. A sweat went to his eyes, causing it to blur for a second.

When he got near to the 'exit', Li Bai slowed down and looked at the light coming from the blocked exit.

Yes, out of fifteen exits, Agent 036 led Li Bai to the only blocked exit. The system went silent, afraid that Li Bai will get mad at him but Li Bai is too distracted at thinking what he should do next. Moping and crying won't get him anywhere so he needs to think fast.

"He's here!"

Li Bai snapped out and hurriedly poked the system, "System! Help me! Quick!"

"Calm down", Agent 036 typed fast on Li Bai's profile and opened the system store. Seeing the pitiful 3 points, the system sweated.

Li Bai held his gun nervously, "Okay, what do I do?"

The system inhaled, "Follow me"

"Okay."

Agent 036 opened his mouth, "Our father in heaven, holy be your name..."

"..." System, you sonavabich QwQ

The group of Biantai managed to get in the secret passage minus the man that he just shot in the leg.

"We won't hurt you." They didn't tease Li Bai anymore and just coax him to stay where he is. The younger one even cooed at him.

Li Bai:...

Just as one of them can even grab him, the blocked exit suddenly shook. The female Biantai pulled Li Bai in their group and protected him from the falling rocks.

The blockage was gone and a familiar figure was revealed. The general whom he was planning to run away forever was standing there on all his glory.

"Give him to me." As if the man is certain that the Biantais will really give Li Bai to him.

"Boss— mmph!" The younger Biantai shouted but is quickly covered in the mouth by one of them.

Xiang Lian Jun nodded and pulled Li Bai on his side. Li Bai's brain worked in shambles when he saw the Biantai being docile to the general and even called him boss.

'Is Xiang Xiang that strong that even the Biantais will call him Boss?' Xiang Lian Jun met Li Bai's eyes. The two stared at each other for a long time. Unknowingly being fed a dog food*³, the female Biantai signalled the others to scram and let the two be alone with each other.

Li Bai was about to say something when the general beat him to it, Xiang Lian Jun looked down and said "I'm sorry. You can strangle me back to release your anger."

The man's long lashes trembled like a butterfly, the downcast expression looked especially pitiful and adorable in Li Bai's eyes.

Li Bai: meow, meow, meow?

----------
Author:
Ying *¹–an onomatopoeia for crying sounds like 'wuwuwu'

Laozhi*²– arrogant way of calling yourself 'father'. Not necessarily blood related but to show superiority.

Dog food*³–you have probably seen this in every danmei. It means seeing PDA of other couples.
------------

I'm currently on isolation room and will stay here for 14 days for observation. I'm really distressed with the nurses and doctors here. They literally got no rest at all and when I'm assisting them, they told me they want to cry but got no time to do it. So please, stay in your home as much as possible.

By the way, the network here is too poor and I'm battling the WiFi as I update the chapters haha. (I haven't edited the other chapters, don't hit me QwQ).

16