Chapter 13
581 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: Special Filter

Li Bai small brain circled on the general's word, he is like a possessed crazy man, muttering incoherent words.

"Xiang Xiang, choke, release anger, pitiful, cute-" His words are jumbled with only these words. Xiang Lian Jun tilted his head in confusion at the malfunctioning youth.

Seeing that Li Bai will not move by himself, the general carefully put his arms around the youth and gently carried him like a fragile object.

Xiang Lian Jun relaxed when Li Bai fitted in his arms, the agitation disappeared as he felt the warmth coming from the small figure.

The man liked small animals in which highly contrasted his brutish self. The small life looked so precious that Xiang Lian Jun became too afraid to touch them. Like the small figure in his arms, Li Bai is like a small bunny that can be easily crushed with just a flick.

However, as much as he wants to treasure the small bunny, he absolutely despise sharing what he deemed as his. Li Bai is lucky that he had struggled on his grip and had escaped. If not...

Li Bai trembled he forgot that this man almost killed him. When Xiang Lian Jun apologized to him, he really can't see where the sincerity is.

'No! He almost killed you! Don't forgive him!'

'But pitiful Xiang Xiang is too cute to not to forgive.'

For the first time, Li Bai questioned his principles and his love for appearances. Agent 036 looked at Li Bai's profile where his thoughts are seen and then silently closed it. The system will pretend that it didn't see anything.

The two went home relatively early. Xiang Lian Jun put Li Bai down on the kitchen and then started cooking dinner. The man's cute apron had a small prints of ducklings, the serious face of the general soften in the eyes of Li Bai. The gap moe*¹ is too great that Li Bai forgot his anger at the man.

Xiang Lian Jun felt Li Bai's heated stare. His movements' stiff as he tried to act normally. Li Bai didn't notice that the man's ears turned red from his sticky gaze.

"Dining table." The man muttered underneath his breath. Li Bai grunted and went to arrange the dining table so they can eat.

The two ate quietly with the occasional sounds from the tablewares. Xiang Lian Jun didn't talk since he's thinking on how to get Li Bai's forgiveness while Li Bai is currently debating with himself.

"Number A13006388916, subject name Li Bai received 500 points! Current balance is 503 points! Happy Shopping!"

"Number A13006388916, subject name Li Bai received special buff discount 20% off! Happy Shopping!"

"Number A13006388916, subject name Li Bai received special filter: affection level! Happy Shopping!"

"Number A13006388916, subject name Li Bai received special filter: interest level! Happy Shopping!"

Li Bai: ???

Series of 'ping!' entered his mind, cutting off his internal debate. Agent 036 who stayed silent, suddenly talked.

"That...earlier, I'm sorry. Please accept these things as a compensation." Li Bai dazedly clicked accept and his vision suddenly went black.

It was only for a few seconds and his sight came back again. Li Bai thought that systems can't just casually give items to their host. Even though Agent 036 became unreliable in the end, these compensation are too much.

Agent 036 rubbed his nose as he can see the Main System getting angry at him again. Anyway, it's not the first time that he secretly gave a host some goodies. In fact, the agent thinks that it would be beneficial to Li Bai that Agent 013 will not scold him badly...maybe ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Li Bai blinked and looked around, he understood what discount is but what is a special filter?

Agent 036 cleared his throat and started to introduced the item, "Special filters are used in transmigration department to see what level of progress there is in a certain subjective. The two filters that I gave you are affection level and interest level. Affection level shows how much 'love' the target is to the host while Interest level shows how much the target 'wants' the target."

Li Bai, as someone not as bright since he was a child, asked what the difference between the two is. Agent 036 patiently explained, "-example the target has a low attraction level but high affection level, it means that he loves you but it won't be long before he would lose interest on you and vice versa."

"The 'targets' can be someone you like or someone who likes you."

When Agent 036 finished talking, Li Bai quickly looked at Xiang Lian Jun. Unsurprisingly, the two filters are shown beside the man's face.

Target: Xiang Lian Jun
Interest level: 93%
Affection level: 1%

Li Bai and the system became quiet after seeing Xiang Lian Jun's levels. Agent 036 quickly comforted the host, "There, there~ Look! His interest is really high!"

Li Bai sulked, "But he obviously didn't love me one bit."

Agent 036 continued to coax him, he internally scolded Xiang Lian Jun, this psychopath. Why did the host like this weirdo ( ̄ω ̄;)

Li Bai regained his rationality, he set aside his love matters and asked the general, "General, why did the Biantai called you boss?"

Xiang Lian Jun stopped eating but didn't answer. He didn't know if he can trust Li Bai enough to divulge his secret.

He was about to speak when Li Bai happily chattered, "Is it because you already beaten them until their mom can't recognize them so they call you Boss in fear? Is it because you're thousand of times stronger than them?"

Xiang Lian Jun thought for a while and then nodded. He really beaten them in the past and he's a lot stronger than them. Now Li Bai knew that he's a Biantai.

Hearing another 'ping' from the notification box and the 30 points added in his point balance, Li Bai smiled happily as he took away his idea that the general is a Biantai.

Li Bai thought to himself that he witnessed the man going against the Biantais and how the man walked confidently to the identification machine. His Xiang Xiang is a bona fide human being!

The two unknowingly created a big of misunderstanding in their part. The story is just starting.

----------------
Small theater:
----------------

Li Bai: To forgive or not to forgive?

Xiang Lian Jun: *acts pitiful*

Li Bai: Forgive! Forgive! Forgive!

Agent 036: ...heh, young love.

-------------
Author:

Gap moe*¹-is a Japanese slang that means cute gap. The two opposing sides that is portrayed by someone is called gap moe. Example, a muscle man liking unicorn stuff toys is considered gap moe. Another example is a cute small girl engaging in sumo wrestling as a hobby.

15