Chapter 22
430 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiang Lian Jun drove quickly after getting off from his work. He had just bought the strawberry cake that Li Bai likes and the panda plushie his colleague gave him.

He let out an amused chuckle, smiling slightly all by himself in the car. His eyes are focused on the road but his mind is wondering away.

'What will Li Bai's expression would be when he give these things? Will the youth smile at him? Give him a hug and praise him?'

With these thoughts swarming in his simple-minded brain, he eventually got home after speeding up a little bit. But instead of Li Bai's sweet welcome, he was pounced by a certain man and his certain touchiness.

"03, is this cake for me? You're the best~" Kai Feng cooed, reaching out his claws on the cake. Xiang Lian Jun quickly walked away before Kai Feng could even touch the cake box.

Mu Cheng popped out from the living room. "Xiang Xiang, you're back. Shitty Feng, stop hugging Xiang Xiang with your dirty paws."

"..." Xiang Lian Jun let out a sigh. He just wants to be alone with Li Bai but these guys are intruding their alone time.

Li Bai went out from the kitchen wearing Xiang Lian Jun's little ducklings printed apron. "General, welcome home."

The man's eyes brightened instantly. "I'm home." He held up the panda plushie and the cake. Li Bai could swear that Xiang Lian Jun is happily wagging his tail with his face expressionlessly expressed his happiness.

Xiang Lian Jun softly plucked out Kai Feng's grip on him and went to the kitchen saying, "I brought this for you." with his eyes carrying anticipation of wanting praised.

The cuteness filled up Li Bai's heart. He tip-toed and pecked the man's chin. "Well done, I like them all. Thank you."

Li Bai bragged inside. "System, did you see how cute my man is?"

"..." The system ignored him, taking out his clean file to take note of what will the discussion be later on.

Kai Feng withered on the side. "03 you don't love me anymore. I even gave you a heart on your birthday last year."

Mu Cheng snickered. "Yeah. A real human heart, you fucking psycho."

Xiang Lian Jun ignored his two friends and quietly slipped up to his room to wash up. He finished just as the dinner is starting.

When they were eating, Kai Feng and Mu Cheng argued again after the last piece in their dinner. Only Li Bai and Xiang Lian Jun ate quietly, the elephant in the room is growing in speed.

Li Bai broke the silence first. "General, I want to know why you hid the fact that you're a Biantai."

The bickering pair stopped and looked simultaneously at Xiang Lian Jun. The man quietly put down his tablewares. "The timing is not right. It would only scare you off."

Li Bai frowned. "How did you know that? Are you saying that I'm still not trustworthy enough?" His heart twinged in pain and disappointment.

Xiang Lian Jun shook his head. "Your first impression to our race is severely negative. All you knew are the rumors in this base and it's been only a month since we met. Trust can be built through time and not through shortcuts."

The man means that, "It's not that I don't trust you but you don't trust us that much yet."

Li Bai stayed silent, reflecting what the man said. It's true that he had misgivings to the Biantai race. Besides Kai Feng's blood thirsty behavior, he was also chased by their group last time. In addition, the world plot that the system gave him described Biantai as heartless and man-eating race.

Agent 013 spoke. "He's right. Li Bai, don't forget that you are there to know the truth on this broken world. The world plot is clearly manipulated. Only by knowing the world's truth will the world will be saved."

Kai Feng butted in. "03, are you saying that we can't tell him about the Eve yet?"

Xiang Lian Jun shook his head. "It's fine. Li Bai isn't like any other humans after all."

Kai Feng grinned and looked at the youth in excitement. "I'll explain it to you, Xiao Bai. First, you must know that Biantai race are awakened without emotions in exchange for our abilities."

"But we are not completely without emotions, we simply could not know how to feel them. This is where the Eve comes about."

"Eve is a Biantai's partner whom they feel that it possesses high compatibility with them. The Eve guides our race to gain emotions and act more like humans. Eve can be animals or humans but it can never be from our race."

"After being announced as an Eve, they will go through the process called Metamorphosis just like the Biantai race. Eve will not gain an ability but they will have a longer life span like our race."

Li Bai thought really hard. If Eve depends on the compatibility, then Kai Feng and Xiang Lian Jun's possessive attitude towards him are counted as being 'attracted'.

Without thinking, Li Bai spoke what is on his mind. "Then am I an Eve to General Xiang?"

Mu Cheng bursted in laugh, smirking in amusement. "Sweetie, it's not only Xiang Xiang. You are also Weirdo Feng's Eve. Congratulations!"

"..." System what did four eyes said again? I think I misheard something.

The agent emotionlessly said, "...it's true."

"..." Li Bai trembled.

"...System, I can't take two of them. I'm scared."

Agent 013 looked away in annoyance. He shouldn't have answered this dumb host of his. He felt his clean self getting dirtied everyday by Li Bai.

Mu Cheng cleared his throat when Li Bai frozen from shock. "Bai Bai, they can't force you. It is our Mother's will that the Eve can freely choose their Adam."

Li Bai weighed down the two men in his heart, he is attracted to both of them but he likes Xiang Lian Jun. Isn't it pitiful for Kai Feng to be rejected? But he can't choose both and just favor one, it would hurt Kai Feng more.

The youth frowned as he think deeply, slowly, he gave his answer. "I chose General Xiang."

The once noisy dinner turned quiet. Xiang Lian Jun didn't have any expression on, Mu Cheng look at Kai Feng pitifully, and Kai Feng smiled at him stiffly.

Just as Kai Feng opened his mouth to console the youth, Xiang Lian Jun objected to Li Bai. The man seriously looked at him in the eye and said, "You don't have to choose now. You can choose one of us or both of us. Don't answer for now."

Li Bai looked confused. Did Xiang Lian Jun rejected him or did he meant well? He answered based on his current impressions. He thought that Xiang Lian Jun liked him back and that the man would be happy after choosing him.

Kai Feng looked down and finished his food, "Xiao Bai, it seems that I need to prove myself more to you. Don't turn me down so fast, yeah?"

Mu Cheng looked at Kai Feng's forced smile and snickered. What a great actor. Too bad, Xiang Xiang is too good for this bastard.

Actually, Mu Cheng agreed with what Xiang Lian Jun said, its too early to chooses. But he also know that the man wanted Li Bai to choose both of them and not just him.

Mu Cheng helped Li Bai clean the table. Thinking quietly, 'Li Bai is in for one hell of a ride.'

-----------------
Small theater:
------------------

Li Bai: I can't choose both, I can't take it and I'll break.

Agent 013: That is what fucking bothered you?

15