Chapter 28: Dumb Spy
354 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure that you wanted to stay at my place?" Ning ShiXun asked for the twentieth time.

"...Yes." Li Bai resisted the urge to go back to his words after being annoyed to death. But every time he sees General Ning's puppy-like face, he softens down and patiently answer.

Fortunately, the young general didn't ask anymore and just obediently sat a little bit far from Li Bai put of politeness. The whole ride from the car contains Ning ShiXun's cheerful chattering and Li Bai's occasional responses.

"System, only little Ning makes me feel what older people should be like. The two husbands at home are not as good as this cute son." Li Bai said as he looked over at the other who seems to not lose stories to tell.

Agent 013 silently lit a candle for Ning ShiXun as his first love calls him as his son without his knowledge.

"Li Bai, we're here! Welcome to my home!" Ning ShiXun giddily helped Li Bai out of the car and led him inside the household.

A grayed servant awaits by the entrance, elegantly greeting them, "Welcome home, Young master Ning. Our honored guest can sit inside while I serve the tea."

Unlike Xiang Lian Jun's house, Ning Family has more grandiose house design that placed special focus with warm pastel color scheme. It feels like a cosy home, but not for too long.

Another man appeared by the living room. Li Bai can already deduce that this old man is related to Ning ShiXun because they are similar by eight points. The old man sat straight, his eyes following him as they also sat by the room.

Marshal Ning closely observed Li Bai without hiding his intentions. Ning ShiXun put away his hands that was draped on Li Bai's shoulder and composed himself before his father.

"Father, this is Li Bai. Li Bai, this is my dad, Marshal Ning." Marshal Ning reached out his hands and Li Bai had no choice but to take it in order to avoid being rude.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Li. I hope my son did not cause any trouble...or did he now?" Marshal Ning said as he raised a brow over to his wincing son.

Li Bai immediately tried to save his ass in case the old man would blame him, "No, not at all. General Ning was hurt by someone and I'm here to take care of him."

Ning ShiXun didn't revealed Kai Feng and nodded his head in acquisition. Marshal Ning didn't questioned his son any further but his attention was now transferred to Li Bai, "Then I will trouble Mr. Li to take care of my son."

The old man gestured for the servant, "Take our guest to his room, make sure its beside ShiXun's room so Mr. Li can tend to him easier."

The servant went to Li Bai's said and Li Bai hesitantly left the father and son. Ning ShiXun watched as Li Bai disappeared upstairs before sitting straighter. The once wincing and pitiful puppy replaced with a sly look.

Marshal Ning took a sip of his tea before talking, "You did well. Is this your plan? Taking a hold of General Xiang's sweetheart?"

Ning ShiXun's hold on the teacup trembled but nonetheless, he remained composed, "It was a coincidence but the plan has been achieve anyway. What about on your side, Father?"

"We tried to use force on Xiang Lian Jun but he didn't say anything...his wounds didn't heal fast like those of Biantai's." Marshal Ning frowned as he remembered the trouble that will come once he failed to get the answers he wanted to find.

Ning ShiXun shook his head, "What if you are wrong, Father? It is true that Biantai's are unfeeling race, but humans can be unfeeling too. Now that his wounds does not heal, it is a strong proof that he is one of us."

The old man's frown turned deeper. Although, Xiang Lian Jun is indeed a human, it doesn't change the fact that he refused to help them when his family was in danger. Didn't he and his wife treated Xiang Lian Jun as their son during the early years? To think that they helped a white-eyed wolf.

His beloved wife...

"F-Father!" Marshal Ning was snapped awake from his stupor by his son's shout. His hands were bloodied from the shattered teacup.

Marshal Ning sighed as he shooed away Ning ShiXun, "Go and befriend the boy. It would be best if you find anything useful from him."

"...Yes, Father." Ning ShiXun glanced at his father's trembling hand before he reluctantly left the room.

On the guest room, Li Bai closed his eyes as Agent 013 let him eavesdrop from the two men downstairs. "I know that I'm feeling uncomfortable with that old man. I didn't know that it was the Ning family who wanted to harm my hubby."

Agent 013 agreed, "It was highly suspicious that General Ning would befriend you during your first day. It's a surprise that you also thought it was strange.

"..." Li Bai stayed silent because he really didn't find it suspicious at all and just thought that he looks so friendly that everyone wants go befriend him— right, he is narcissistic.

"But how do I prevent myself from spilling out information?" Li Bai wondered since he can't really ensure that his blabber mouth would keep behave.

Agent 013 laughed and said, "Don't worry, nothing useful comes out of your mouth anyway."

"..." Dad, is that how you encourage your son!?

Li Bai rolled his eyes before laying down on the bed. "Then I'll just act stupid and clueless so they can't get anything from me."

The system who found joy on his son's *¹ misery didn't hold back and said, "You acting stupid is natural. Add oil!*²"

Li Bai ignored his family's system and just closed his eyes to take a nap. He admits that he is not smart like the protagonists of the novels he had read but at least he knew common sense.

His current situation made him feel thrilled and a little bit scary but it's not like something interesting such as acting as a spy would come into your boring life, right? Being a dumb spy is also good.

-------------------------

The system who found joy on his son's *¹ misery— remember that Li Bai jokingly calls Agent 013 as his dad or father.

Add oil*²— or jiayou! means to fight or encourage them to work harder.

10