Chapter 30: Conundrum
339 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kai Feng, hurry up! It's an emergency! Marshal Ning actually revealed his evidences against Xiang Xiang, the upper echelon is in chaos!" Mu Cheng's worried voice was heard on the transmitter.

Kai Feng hesitated as he peered on Li Bai's sleeping face. Li Bai must have been very lonely that's why he cried right? But he really didn't want to leave Li Bai, his instinct made him feel like something wrong will happened.

Kai Feng shook his head. The gut feeling must've been for 03 since 03 is in trouble. He needs to get back fast to stop the old fox.

The man leaned down and kissed Li Bai's forehead. His voice softened, afraid that it would wake the other up. "See you later, Xiao Bai."

Li Bai's bedroom became desolated. His lone figure twisted, the man's warmth disappeared and it made him uncomfortable.

A knock sounded on behind his door, "Sir. Li Bai, the breakfast is ready."

The old servant's voice snapped Li Bai awake. He remembered everything from last night. Li Bai panicked AMD looked around the room, Kai Feng wasn't there anymore.

A strange feeling coming from his extreme distressed had upset his stomach. Li Bai forced his urge to vomit down and opened the door, "I will be down in a minute. I won't have breakfast anymore. Please, tell...Ning ShiXun that I won't be seeing him. I will be leaving now."

Although the old servant was confused, he didn't speak of it and heed Li Bai's words.

As soon as the door closed. He grabbed everything he has and packed it up. He needs to go away from this place quick. He needs to go back.

Li Bai clutched his belongings and walked fast to the house's entrance. Unfortunately, the entrance hall can be seen from the dining room. Li Bai didn't know that Ning ShiXun was awake earlier than he usually do.

"Where are you going, Li Bai?" Ning ShiXun's questioning tone stopped Li Bai on his tracks.

Li Bai forced himself to act like nothing's happened and answered the man, "I didn't know you're awake. I didn't want to disturb you before I go."

Ning ShiXun grinned and held Li Bai's hands. He felt the latter turned stiff and the grin on his face fell down slightly. "Eat breakfast first before you go."

Li Bai struggled but Ning ShiXun didn't let his hands go. He had no choice but to sit down on the dining table and eat.

"Eat more. You're too skinny, Li Bai." Ning ShiXun said, his eyes darkened as he watched Li Bai swallow his food with difficulty.

'He knows.', Ning ShiXun thought. He watched as Li Bai's hand trembled in fear.

'In that case, I shouldn't let you go.'

"Is it delicious?" the man asked. Li Bai nodded and the feeling of nausea intensified. Not for too long, he noticed that something is wrong with the food and that he can't hear Agent 013's voice anymore.

Before his vision darkened, he heard Ning ShiXun's words. "My dear Li Bai, who said you can go out here?"

••••★★††••‡‡‡••††★★••••

"Li Bai? Li Bai? Damn it!" Agent 013 slammed his hands on his desk in anger. He checked the Li Bai's mental health and saw that it had deteriorated in such an alarming degree.

The Main System suddenly appeared in front of him, flashing red lights in quick moments. Agent 013 was about to shout abuse to his boss when the Main System spoke in the notification box.

"The fallen gods are here, quickly evacuate!"

Agent 013 frowned and wuikcoy activated the automatic function on the system store. This way, he won't need to oversee Li Bai but he can be reassured that Li Bai can still access the system store.

After making sure that nothing is wrong, he quickly turned all the traps in his room and put the important document's including Li Bai's into the data safe.

The underworld is in chaos, the death portal was closed and the whole environment si shaking from the earthquakes. However, how can there be earthquakes in the Spiritual world? It's either there was a spirit that had turned into a demon lord or there was a problem between the space dimensions.

Agent 036 saw Agent 013 and ran towards him, "Have you seen 016? I can't contact him"

Agent 013 shook his head. The other frowned and looked around. Seeing that the two lovers were separated, Agent 013 suggested, "How about we both look at him? If I found him, I'll notify you."

The two went to the opposite sides to look for Agent 016. Agent 013 is calm because every system agents are skilled in fighting, especially Agent 016 who is the second most powerful agent after him.

The place where he was going turned more dark and gloomy. The underworld is originally dark but it is full of life, however, the underworld now has it's sky inked with red and the ground didn't stop shaking.

Agent 013 summoned his sword as he felt the menacing aura come closer to where he is. It's not long before a demon monster jumped to him, his arms swung without hesitation. The monster was cut into half, its internal organs spluttered in between.

The man frowned, he didn't like how pungent the smell is. He went deeper and deeper through the darkness until he found the space rift.

He can see thousands of celestial gods and a couple of system agents fighting side to side against the fallen gods and it's minions.

He can also see the Jade Emperor and his wife flying above in a meditative stance. The glow on the space rift means that the two heavenly superiors are closing the rift but there is also a red glow that hinders the closing of the rift causing the innumerable minions to enter as they pleased.

Agent 013 entered his battle mode and massacred his way to the front line. Other celestial gods that was afraid of him didn't bothered anymore because they knew that he didn't care at them.

When Agent 013 got closer to the rift, his arms stopped as soon as his sight landed on the familiar figure that was also on a meditative state along with the other fallen gods. It appears to be that that person is one of the fallen gods that prevents the closing of the rift.

However, Agent 013's eyes remained stuck on the figure. The one he yearned the most. The one who he regretted the most. The one who he ever loved on his whole life.

"Princess?" The words came out of his mouth and the figure seemed to know that Agent 013 is referring to her.

The 'princess' opened her red colored eyes and smiled at him, "Qian Beichen. Join us and kill the hypocrite celestials!"

---------
Author:
Happy Halloween! (I guess)

Who's Qian Beichen? He's Agent 013, that's his real name before he became an agent. You can read the chapter "The Jade Emperor" to backtrack his background story.

11