Chapter 43: Flesh
253 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marshal Ning knocked on the Xiang household that night, his face dark and angry. Li Bai was stunned when he saw the old man whom he thought hated them. The old marshal spoke in a low tone, "Can you let me in? I need to say something quick."

"C-come in." He served the old man some tea to calm him down before calling his two husbands.

Kai Feng narrowed his eyes, displaying his dissatisfaction to the old man without restrain. "What do you want from us?"

Marshal Ning took something from his inner suit, and threw it on the table. "Don't say I didn't warn you, but if you don't believe in me, you will regret it." Xiang Lian Jun took the document, taking everything in his mind.

"I don't like you especially after what you did to my wife, but I hate sacrificing many innocent lives just for the sake of greed."

Kai Feng snickered, "Isn't that what you originally plan to do with Li Bai? Why act like you are doing some justice?"

Marshal Ning gritted his teeth, "I already reflected on everything and I also didn't continued it. Look at the document and tell it to your Biantai friends before it's too late." He stood up to leave when Xiang Lian Jun grabbed his arm. The young general looked at him in the eyes, "Do you want to learn the truth of your wife's death?"

Marshal Ning's legs trembled and gave out, Xiang Lian Jun caught him before he reached the ground. The old man's face turned melancholy, "What do you mean?"

Kai Feng's voice sounded behind him, "I didn't kill your wife. She died from a gunshot from the heart. I originally wanted to save her by giving her my blood, but you came. It's too late to save her."

The old man suddenly cried, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kai Feng pursed his lips, he really didn't want to say it. Li Bai hugged him from behind, giving him strength to talk. Almost like a whisper, "The one who killed your wife is your son. Ning ShiXun accidentally his wife when he was fighting. Don't hate him, he didn't know."

For Kai Feng, it's better to let the old man believe what he originally thought. Since Marshal Ning helped them from the human congregation's scheme, he will gladly tell the truth. Although the truth hurts, it will set your soul free. Marshal Ning froze from shock, he didn't know what he should feel nor what he should do. He's like sailing in the vast ocean, under the storm, with no where to go.

They were surprised when Xiang Lian Jun moved and hugged the old man. He didn't say anything, but his broad shoulder made the old man felt comforted. He remembered raising this young general before the first war happened. He's also the one who tortured the young man due to selfish reasons. He regretted everything. Li Bai and Kai Feng left the two alone on the living room, going to the bedroom to sleep.

The night is cold even during summer. It's dark; the sea of stars looking below them. The tangled yarn called life is slowly being untangled. Kai Feng started to talk. "Truth to be told, Mother was worried that Xiang Lian Jun will grow up like a soulless doll. He was emotionless to begin with, because his birth is artificially made. Besides me and Mu Cheng, Old man Ning gave him the parental love that he never had."

"Out of all of us, he's the one who suffered the most. I'm glad you came, even if you don't belong here." Kai Feng smiled, he didn't wait for Li Bai to catch up as the other was stunned.

—————————————————————

"What's the update?" 05 looked behind her subordinate.

"Objectives has been met. We can 'return' the humans back to the human base."

The human base didn't expect for the Biantai race to work quickly. The next day, thirty humans came back to their families from each human base all over the world. It caused a global chaos and some leaders decided to take the humans for isolation test in case they are imposters. When they confirmed that they are indeed humans, the human race celebrated each day whenever 'missing' humans returned.

The people asked what they experienced, they all said the same thing. Biantai race are good people, they are fair and just, they treat each other as equal, and they are not monsters. For the first week, everyone thought that they were brainwashed. Until everyone came back, and there's no way the enemy race will dupe them.

If someone opposed the Biantai race, many would fight back to shut them up. It's true that the 30,000 new race are powerful enough to conquer them, why would they do something so troublesome? It didn't take long for the human congregation to have an internal conflict and many corrupted officials are replaced with the fair ones. However, Biantai's don't care about their government. Therefore, their suspicion lessen greatly.

But the injured animal will fight back to death. The former officers that are loosing in power had started their plan. A scream echoed on the somewhat desolated street, people woke up from the noise and checked what happened. By the dead end, there are four crazed 'Biantai' and a half a hundred dead people sprawled around them. Their insides are pulled off from a big slash by the stomach and most of them are dismembered. Even when they are surrounded by people who witnessed their act, they continued to eat the flesh they are holding.

The 'officers' became alarmed and clamored for the Biantai race. The people who saw the scene became traumatized that they forgot the goodwill they held on the enemy race. It quickly spread all over the base and found out that there are same incidents on other countries. While the humans who came from the Biantai territories became worried to them, the powerful race did not panicked at all.

Mu Cheng called up his colleagues and told them that he can take a test on the human eating Biantai. One officer tried to refuse, "N-No, it's not necessary. Didn't they already went to the Identification Machine and was proven non-human?"

"But isn't testing them will further prove that they are non-human? What are you afraid off?" Mu Cheng tried to look as humble as possible. Marshal Ning's warning really came true. Fortunately, they are well-prepared.

The former officers did not dare to say anything since it would be overly suspicious. It took three full weeks before the laboratory announced that the four tested 'Biantai' are fake. They were humans that were experimented to replace human DNA structure into a gene slightly similar to that of Biantais.

It was a shame that they didn't know exactly when that disgusting plan would be so they can prevent it from harming normal citizens. The corrupted officials were sent to an isolated island where there is no resources. If they want to live, they had to drink the blood of one another. The punishment is equaled to a death sentence, except its less troublesome.

—————————————————

Authors note:

Damn, Ning ShiXun messed up in a lot of ways. Even if his mom's case is accidental. I wonder how Marshal Ning would live from now on after knowing the truth.

7